1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 ... 292

Lunch with the in-laws at the Hudson Cafe in Detroit:

followed by a walk around downtown on a beautiful day:

I'll take it!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
7/3/22 8:56 p.m.

Today some buddies and I bought a Corvette.  Ran when parked and rough all around but destined for a life as track rat.

1990.  Automatic.  $1000 so my investment   was a whole $250.  Wheeee!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
7/4/22 11:59 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

Rad. Love those wheels. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
7/4/22 12:00 p.m.

Pretty sure my massive power steering leak on the Earl Truck was just some loose fittings. 

About 25 years ago, my buddy Chad was gifted "Sweet Thang", the '28 Model A that his Dad and Uncle drag raced in the '60s. It's a sport coupe body, built by Briggs, that originally had a folding cloth top and doors with full window frames. I went with him to pick up a new chassis for it in 1998. Yesterday he texted me to see if I was interested in hitting Woodward this morning, and how could I say no?

Street rod IFS, C4 IRS. 4-speed. 427-cid SBC with aluminum block and heads, cam from the bottom third of the page. Rowdy.

In the pic below, Chad is holding a pic of Sweet Thang from 1967. Awesome.

even if breakfast contained hog, I'd have to say it was a good day!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/4/22 9:00 p.m.

Big thanks to MNDSM for the idea, but I made the best pork belly I've ever cooked tonight. Major win. 

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
7/5/22 12:25 a.m.

Went for a hike today with girlfriend and daughter.  We thought we'd take a slightly roundabout way back to the main trail and ended up on a 5 hour forced march without  water and only a rough idea of how to get out before dark.   We made it and they seemed happy but I was actually a bit worried there for a minute.

Big thanks to the adorable family we met as soon as we made it back to the trail who gave us water.  Lifesavers.    Lesson learned, even on a "short" hike, take the damned backpack with water and some survival gear.

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
7/5/22 8:06 a.m.

One of our subcontractors's foremen drives a Nissan Leaf. Another of their formen drives a lifted Dodge diesel. Second forman thinks it's funny to unplug the Leaf whenever he gets the chance. Leaf guy removed all four valve stems from the Dodge yesterday. Ram guy was furious that he messed with his truck. He couldn't see the irony and was pissed that everyone else could.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/5/22 12:26 p.m.

This could have been split between bad and good but I have decided to put a "good" spin on the whole thing.  After 16 years we had to put down one of our dogs, Chloe.  We got her on my oldest's 3rd birthday and the other two kids have know her their whole lives.  She is comfortable now, but man Saturday sucked.  Today my oldest left for Air Force Basic, its hard to believe its been 19 years already and that he is an adult.  Godspeed Chloe and Good luck Ian, mom and I know you got this.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/5/22 1:23 p.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

There used to be a certain type in "slower Lower" Delaware that loved their rollin' coal barges and were driving around at night running over charging stations.

Insecure manhood always makes itself obvious.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/5/22 11:24 p.m.

I've been a bit unhappy with the spool holder on the Ender S1 since I got it- I didn't like that it was cantilevered off the holder the way it was, and I've tried several existing designs people have posted that were slight improvements but didn't quite do what I wanted: 

1. Support the spool on both sides
  2. Spin on bearings (the spool creaking around on previous holders always worried me) and 
  3. Was set up to be able to quickly and easily change the spool when I'm doing multiple-color prints

After some adapting of existing designs and modeling work in OpenSCAD, I finally have everything together and working:

It supports the spool on both sides and spin on bearings, and since it comes forward instead of backward on the printer it's more accessible. Once I print out another set of the spool holder and end-stops and put the bearings and rod in them I'll have 2 of them so can have another spool set up to swap in very quickly. I'm pretty happy with it so far...

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/6/22 4:51 p.m.

A few weeks back when I was trying to set things up for the printer better I decided that I really should have it on a UPS so the power blinking wouldn't trash prints and managed to find an outlet in the office near where it's hooked up that is grounded properly such that the UPS doesn't complain and hooked up the printer and the computers nearby to it. 

We've got a pretty energetic storm blowing in and the power has blinked like 5 times- but the printer and the computers haven't noticed at all, which is good since the printer is in the middle of a 6-hour print job.

wae
wae PowerDork
7/7/22 12:06 p.m.

A month or two ago, I cut some vinyl for the shop door that says "FedEx/UPS: If no answer please leave packages here".  It worked!  FedEx actually left the box there today!

Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
7/8/22 7:03 p.m.

A friend of mine was cleaning out his dad's place and came across his old Scalextric set. He sent me a text telling me about it. I sent him a text saying we should set it up in the loft of my shop at the same time he was sending me a follow up text asking if he could set it up in the loft of my shop. This tells me I've both chosen the right friends and that none of us have made it past the emotional age of twelve. If you don't agree see my recent post in the minor confessions thread.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
7/8/22 7:26 p.m.

Cranked out an awesome venison loin dinner with risotto and a mushroom gravy.  Following dinner, sorted Rabbit's cooling fan issue with relay from the box-o-spares.  Woot!

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
7/14/22 1:04 p.m.

I located and then eradicated an annoying rattle in the daily. It sounded like a woodpecker on crack was living in the rear cab panel... and now it's quiet.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/14/22 2:21 p.m.

I have a bad case of imposter syndrome. For instance I got promoted last year. I knew about it beforehand and I was still nervous at my review. A couple weeks ago I had my one year review and I was REALLY nervous. I got a good review and I felt like Sally Field "I can’t deny the fact that you like me. Right now, you like me!” For the first time in my life I'm not worried about money and I'm not worried about being able to retire someday. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/14/22 2:23 p.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

That's awesome news.  Seriously, congratulations.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/14/22 3:39 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to CAinCA :

That's awesome news.  Seriously, congratulations.

Thank you Duke.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/15/22 12:03 a.m.

Might be even bigger than a minor win. I get along with most people (really! I do!) but my neighbor was a problem and burned bridges with everyone on the street over the course of a few years. A couple nights in jail failed to chill him out. Well, his house just finally sold and he's gonna be gone! On top of that, the new neighbors have kids and look to be similar ages to mine and my nextdoor neighbor's kids. Should be a nice addition to the street.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/22 11:35 a.m.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/22 3:53 p.m.

The COVID test was negative. Yay.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/17/22 8:30 p.m.

Went to my first cars and coffee event in the Birkin. I've really gotten into my head about that car, but it performed flawlessly driving there, shuffling about for space, and driving back. I need find a little more space to be comfy, but it really started to give me the happy feels I wanted in exchange for all that money.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/22 8:41 p.m.

As of July 14, after some pretty intense training, I'm a Certified Professional Life Coach, in case anybody needs any coaching on life

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/18/22 12:53 a.m.

You're going to need a black belt if you're going to attempt to fix my bullE36 M3.laugh

1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ijpJt6K2BA4RSYEe77G5qoPeMxCXIfb1Vk4nfgWRdeWSIp619CKre3djF5Xi8Vsu