Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/18/22 11:01 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

You're still alive so I know you didn't call her "Cha-Cha. "

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/18/22 1:26 p.m.

I called my Mother's lawyer last week, then again this morning. He apologized for not getting back to me, Covid was in the house.

He's given me excellent advice in the past and that's what I started with. I've never seen a bill from you, Ernie, is this something we should discuss?

Well, thank you very much for asking, but I don't practice like that. Your Mom has been a client of mine for some time, so if I can assist, I will.

Now how can I help?

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
7/19/22 11:40 a.m.

I hate NextDoor. I am now a mod on NextDoor.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/19/22 1:57 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

Ron Swanson is the perfect person to represent this.

wae
wae PowerDork
7/19/22 3:20 p.m.

Now that der Scheißwagen is out of the way, I could finally move things around a little to get them how I think I want it.  I won't be able to pull the motorhome in like this, but I think I'm okay with that.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/19/22 4:05 p.m.

In reply to wae :

And with several more days of crappy weather before it gets nice again, there's actually time to work on the Miata before you'd want to drive it with the top down.

wae
wae PowerDork
7/19/22 4:28 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I appreciate your optimism.

It's laughable.  But I appreciate it!

laugh

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/20/22 12:22 p.m.

This is a bit more like a major win, for a serial speeder like me.

Driving back from Calgary on Saturday, I sorta forgot that you don't speed near Rosetown.  I see the lights flip on ahead of me, pull over, have my license and truck registration in my hand when the cop comes to the window.  "You were doing 121 in a 100 zone"

"Yeah, sometimes I wish this thing had cruise control.  Sorry, I don't have the registration for the trailer."

"Well, the trailer plates expired last October."

"Really?  E36 M3.  You sure?"

"I can show you on the computer..."

"No, I believe you."

He leaves, come back a few minutes later with three pieces of paper... But, a warning ticket for the speeding, a warning ticket for the cracked windshield and a $175 ticket for not having the registration for the trailer, instead of a $550 for unregistered vehicle ticket.

Cool.  Get home, look at the tickets, and the two warning tickets are correct, but the trailer ticket is made out to a completely different person...

Phone the number on the ticket on Monday morning.  Tell story.  Get transferred to the provincial court number, tell story.  Get transferred to another office, tell story.  Get the number for the Rosetown RCMP, leave message.  Get call back, tell story.  "Hmm...Traffic department.  We'll call you back."

Next morning, a call.  "Hi, RCMP here.  Computer glitch.  Throw that ticket away."

I've been waiting for that to happen for 46 years...

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/20/22 1:14 p.m.

For a few seconds there I forgot you guys were metric...  I've towed my trailer fast, but never 121!   Then I realized it was kilometers.  duh     smiley

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/20/22 5:04 p.m.

I've been working too hard soni said berkeley it, I'm taking a day off.

Currently watching Camp Cretaceous and drinking this new scotch that I bought which makes superb Godfather's.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/20/22 8:56 p.m.

The 2 year old loves 2nd Wave Ska.

We're skanking to The Selector right now.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/20/22 10:50 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Making cocktails with Ardbeg?! The cheek!

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/21/22 1:49 a.m.
dculberson said:

In reply to Antihero :

Making cocktails with Ardbeg?! The cheek!

True, but Godfather's with a good Islay are stupendous too.

The amaretto slightly mutes the intial smoke but somehow makes the lingering smoke last for 10 times longer and that's what I really like about this particular Islay.

You must try it but use Di Amore Amaretto, it's the best I've tried even if it's not very spendy

wae
wae PowerDork
7/21/22 8:35 a.m.

My wife was getting pretty beat down by her job - mainly because the state has seen fit to raise pay only once in the last 12 years - so she decided to go for a job opening at a major manufacturing company.  That didn't pan out because of this goofy personality test that they make you take before they even look at your resume, but it did mean that all of her Indeed profile stuff was up to date and polished.  So when, a couple days later, she was even more pissed off at her job and saw another interesting opportunity pop up, she just clicked the "apply now" button on a whim at 10pm on a Thursday.  The next morning they called her to conduct a phone interview.  She had to make them wait until the following Monday because she was actually in the office that day, but from there they couldn't wait to get her in for an in-person interview and she went in on that Wednesday.  She really hit it off with the hiring manager there and they called her back almost immediately for a second interview which was yesterday.  Instead of a real interview when she came in yesterday, the hiring manager walked her around to everyone in the department to introduce her and sat her down to ask her if she would still be interested in the job if they basically restructured their department to accommodate her very specialized skillset (Medicaid long term care) - they basically wanted to know if she was trying to get away from doing that (she's not) and if she'd be okay if she was basically their primary person to handle all of that because they don't have anyone who really knows the system (she is).

It sounds like an offer contingent on background & drug screening is coming before the end of the week.  It's significantly more money (frankly, I don't think it could possibly be lower than she's making right now without violating the 14th amendment), it's a lower-stress environment, and this place has annual salary increases instead of once-every-three-governors. 

When I look at my wife, I see a woman who is smart, capable, hard-working, competent, and personable.  I can tell her that a million times, but when someone else who has never met her before comes along and also tells her that - especially in the form of a job offer - she knows that I'm not just making that up to make her feel better! 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
7/21/22 10:04 a.m.

In reply to wae :

Didn't realize that was her work.  We could probably talk shop sometime, sounds like our fields overlap a bit.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/21/22 10:19 a.m.
Appleseed said:

The 2 year old loves 2nd Wave Ska.

We're skanking to The Selector right now.

Mine, who will be three this weekend, has recently taken a liking to Jerry Reed. He likes to end his day by bouncing on the Rody while we play East Bound and Down.

Nobody ever accused us of being sophisticated, but we have a good time!

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
7/21/22 12:16 p.m.

Getting motivated to finish sorting the Caddy for sale.  

Thought I had a keyless receiver issue and turns out 2 of the 3 fobs were bad.  Pieced together one pretty functional fob and now up and running.

Now for my air intake leak that is driving a glibal lean condition...

wae
wae PowerDork
7/21/22 10:19 p.m.

In reply to wae :

The official offer letter came tonight and she told her boss that she's taking it!

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
7/21/22 10:24 p.m.

Usps initially told me next Monday, but now it says tomorrow. Yay!

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/22/22 12:31 a.m.
wae said:

In reply to wae :

The official offer letter came tonight and she told her boss that she's taking it!

That's great news. Congratulations to you both.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
7/22/22 1:38 p.m.

Gave away a bunch of 280ZX parts that i wasn't going to list on eBay/ship to a guy who drove 2 hours over here. Now I've got more space and less breakable stuff blocking me from using my own garage, and he got spares for the price of gas.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
7/23/22 9:19 p.m.

Fixed my washing machine!!!

So, we have hard water here and I can't afford (yet) a softener.  The washer kept beeping because (I assume), it was taking too long to fill.  And, I noticed that a wash that normally took 45 minutes or so, was now taking an hour to an hour and half.  Sure enough, opening the lid showed the water just trickling.  Felt where the water was coming out and it was crusty.

In good GRM fashion, I hit up the 'Tube and figured out how to take it apart, figuring I could clean out the spout and get going.  Well, in doing so, the rubber hose that connects it to the hot/cold water valves tore.  Poop.  Solution? Snagged a bent silicone radiator hose from my kids karting days and got it going again!  Had to wrap the inlet hose in electrical tape because it was a smidge too small, but since it's just flowing water and not pressure, figured it'd be good to go.  And I took pics.

The crusty outlet:

The modified outlet with a silicone hose

Success!! The red electrical tape is to hold the water temperature sensor

Feeling pretty proud of myself while also wondering how the heck I learned to figure E36 M3 like this out......

DARN IT!!!  The hot water one works fine, but when it's on cold water, it still dribbles.  I guess it's time for a new valve.......

-Rob

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/23/22 9:40 p.m.

Intake manifold was leaking coolant on my freshly rebuilt 302 and after torquing the intake bolts like 5 times, it finally stopped leaking!

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
7/24/22 9:21 p.m.

Went on a trophy raid today and took 5 of 6 of their plaques.   Not a bad result for our travel team. laugh

1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
emhtE2tdYHrtcL2Kcp1oHoCg7XipDWpiMrsSqZvFCF9dOE6fvdz4rTRHtUA5z24O