1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 292
Sarah Young
Sarah Young Copy & Design Editor
11/8/22 12:19 p.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

Baby comes in 3 days. I was able to go for a 3.5 mile run, assemble 2nd crib, finish breaking down Datsun engine and give a very deep clean and sand to my butcher block workbench. It's nice to have a productive day.

Congratulations!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/8/22 1:17 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I really enjoyed the Weird Al movie. I laughed almost the entire time.  I was a little concerned at how far we got into it before the girlfriend started to pick up that it may not have been historically accurate.  

Hopefully before the Escobar gunfight.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/22 1:29 p.m.

So it isn't a serious biopic like The Compleat Al was?

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/8/22 5:57 p.m.
Peabody said:

The card balance will be reimbursed... in a week.

I'd forgotten all about it until I read about eastsideTim's adventure with apple gift cards.  I checked the card balance. I was reimbursed, and did get those $130 Adidas for $20. Yeehaw.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/8/22 7:43 p.m.

I really enjoyed the Weird Al movie. I laughed almost the entire time.  I was a little concerned at how far we got into it before the girlfriend started to pick up that it may not have been historically accurate.  

I will say that I laughed quite a bit but the parody was so far reaching that it made the movie almost unwatchable for anything but in jokes and fun poking. Super shallow.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/8/22 10:28 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

It's not like UHF was deep. Still was an awesome movie.

wae
wae PowerDork
11/8/22 10:59 p.m.

Tomorrow is my eldest's birthday and she wants burrito bowls and strawberry shortcake.  So I spent the evening making the shortcake and the pico de gallo and prepping the beans and other stuff.  So focused on working on all of that I didn't have any time to turn on the TV and watch the election games.

And on top of it, I "accidentally" made too much shortcake dough so I might have eaten a whole bunch of mini short cakes fresh from the oven and they were freaking amazing.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/22 10:16 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Not even close 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
11/9/22 10:23 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

She googled which came first, Eat it or Beat it. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/22 10:54 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Not even close 

Narrator: The Compleat Al was not serious

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/9/22 11:23 a.m.

She googled which came first, Eat it or Beat it. 

Does that mean she thought the Queen parody scene with Wolfman Jack was real?

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
11/9/22 11:23 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Not even close 

And this is even less serious.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
11/9/22 11:42 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Not even close 

pretty much the only factual bit in this movie is that someone named Al made parodies. 

She is a bit too young to know much about that time and I was not clearing up anything she was questioning. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/11/22 3:34 p.m.

There was a pretty neat LEGO set (the IDEAS Typewriter) at an auction a bit South of Louisville (a bit over an hour away) that I was keeping tabs on in case it stayed low enough to be worth the drive out there for it. While I wanted it (likely would have assembled it myself to confirm it had all the pieces then disassembled back into bags to give to my cousin and his kids who are all big LEGO people since I don't really have a place for it), it would have meant the better part of my day would have been taken up going to get it. I'd figured if I did win it I would also swing up by the junkyards in Louisville to see if there were a few things I could grab- but honestly their selection of the cars I'd want to be pulling from (E46s, especially coupes/verts and Pathfinders/QX4s) has been very lean lately, and it was also supposed to (and did) rain most of the day. So I was actually reasonably pleased when the bidding on the auction went over the ~70% of retail that I was willing to go on it, so I was able to stay home and get a modest amount of things done today.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/11/22 11:55 p.m.

After almost a dozen years of trying, I finally got to see Todd Snider play live tonight. Great show, despite the drunks in the audience. His opener was Tommy Prine, Johns son. Tommy has his own voice, but damn does he look like John did a bunch of years ago.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/12/22 12:33 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

How was tommy?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/12/22 12:51 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I want to say he was good. I had trouble understanding a lot of his lyrics, part my hearing part him still learning to play live. Standing too close to the mic, kind of mumbling his lyrics. His guitar playing was pretty good, but it's almost like he's new to the whole touring recording lifestyle. Which is weird for how he grew up. 

He's only been playing music live and recording for 2 years, but he said he's on spotify so I'm going to check it out.

I think you'll like him. But he's very much his own sound, so don't go into it expecting John part 2.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/13/22 4:51 p.m.

3D printer which forgot its Z calibration is back and spitting out useful objects!

Took way more futzing than I'd have liked, and I still don't know what happened. Everything seems mechanically sound and it's like it just got zonked by our annoyingly frequent blips in power supply or something.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/13/22 7:01 p.m.

I sold both of my surplus cars this weekend!  It's like I got paid to enlarge my shop.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot HalfDork
11/13/22 7:14 p.m.

Our first Greenberg Turkey is on its way; GobbleGobble.com.  It'll be mother in law bland bird vs hickory smoked mail order at Thanksgiving.  My money is on Greenberg...literally.

Ashyukun (Robert)
11/14/22 11:54 a.m.
Jesse Ransom said:

3D printer which forgot its Z calibration is back and spitting out useful objects!

Took way more futzing than I'd have liked, and I still don't know what happened. Everything seems mechanically sound and it's like it just got zonked by our annoyingly frequent blips in power supply or something.

If there's one thing that I've learned over the 6 months or so that I've had my 3D printer, it's that there's always something that needs to be futzed with to get things to work their best...

Ashyukun (Robert)
11/14/22 12:02 p.m.

Over the weekend I realized that the (theoretically, since it's the one that has a scale built-in to track the weight of the spool to know how much more filament there is on it) nicer of my two filament drying boxes was no longer heating up properly- or rather, at all. It was ordered from Amazon but well past when it could be returned, and I didn't have any luck in finding anything about the warranty or exchanging it through the manufacturer (which was annoying, since it was made by one of the more prominent filament manufacturers). However, in my searching I found an Amazon review from someone with a similar problem where they explained what they'd found and how they'd fixed it. So, I set about taking it apart and sure enough, found this:

Definitely not good, and certainly explains the lack of heating (since that's the heating element). Thankfully, I may have 99 problems but soldering isn't one of them- so a short while later I had the joint re-soldered and the dryer box reassembled. So far it seems to be heating up properly... it's nice to be able to fix things so easily, but it would also be quite nice to not have to in the first place...

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
11/15/22 12:26 a.m.

The Fiero lives!!

And it sounds awesome laugh 

Ashyukun (Robert)
11/16/22 9:03 a.m.

When I got the Infiniti almost 4 years ago, the only real issue with the interior was that the center console armrest pad was damaged. It had been repaired reasonably well by the previous owner with black duct tape, but over time that tape has progressively come loose and been more of a pain. Unfortunately, that center pad has been damaged in some way on every single other QX4/Pathfinder that I've ever found in a junkyard and the part isn't made any more to simply order a new one. 

A few weeks ago- I don't remember exactly how- but I saw something about repair patches for leather seats. I looked into it and found that I could get the patches large enough that I could cover the entirety of the center pad so ordered a roll of it. It came in yesterday, and I pulled the old pad off, did my best to fit the repair material smoothly over it (I didn't want to cut it to make it fit better because I figured that seam would come loose like the tape had) and put it all back together. It's not perfect- the folded-over parts at the front and back of each side may be annoying- but it's a LOT better than it was before, and hopefully will hold up for the rest of the time that I own the vehicle.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/16/22 11:30 a.m.

Just had a completely unhealthy late breakfast / early lunch at Helen's Sausage House:

Two quarter pound links fried on the flat top, on a roll with with a fried egg, cheese whiz, and hot sauce.

Fan-damn-tastic.

1 ... 238 239 240 241 242 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vkWXK4pe7JQepuO1bRJ96JFSBqJjBlEkzSQKzCvFPTHLrQfyHlNGYPJCK2m8tqi8