1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 ... 291
fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
11/27/22 8:49 p.m.

I bought the best 2x4x 8s I have seen in the last twenty years, of all places at Home Depot. Shoulda bought more but I was in a hurry.

Must be a fluke.  indecision

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/22 7:35 p.m.

DEPLOY ALL THE BOOST!!!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/29/22 7:53 p.m.

One of the door handles on my fridge was loose. I thought I was going to have to take the door apart to fix it properly.

[morganfreeman]  He did not have to take the door apart.  [/morganfreeman]

wae
wae PowerDork
12/1/22 8:30 a.m.

I was posting in a thread on another forum where someone had asked for some advice on removing the engine from their newer-than-mine Scheißwagen.  Someone else added a post telling the OP that there was a fantastic (if poorly lit) video series on youtube about rebuilding and installing an engine on a GL350.  It was a link to my youtube channel.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/1/22 10:30 p.m.

Mrs. Monohue and I both failed to get our flu shots this year. Sure enough, we managed to come down with some ugly stuff a week before Thanksgiving. 

Minor win 1: having been neother excited about  or properly prepared for travel, we'd already canceled our plans and expected to stay home anyway.

Minor win 2: although whatever we came down with was brutal, it wasn't Covid, and it passed fairly quickly.

Bonus minor win: Little Monohue, who got a flu shot when the pediatrician suggested it, was barely affected and bounced back like the proverbial rubber ball. Excellent, because we were in no shape to have to care for a sickly preschooler. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/2/22 12:28 a.m.
DarkMonohue said:

Mrs. Monohue and I both failed to get our flu shots this year. Sure enough, we managed to come down with some ugly stuff a week before Thanksgiving. 

Minor win 1: having been neother excited about  or properly prepared for travel, we'd already canceled our plans and expected to stay home anyway.

Minor win 2: although whatever we came down with was brutal, it wasn't Covid, and it passed fairly quickly.

Bonus minor win: Little Monohue, who got a flu shot when the pediatrician suggested it, was barely affected and bounced back like the proverbial rubber ball. Excellent, because we were in no shape to have to care for a sickly preschooler. 

Mrs. mtn and I dropped the ball and failed to get kiddo her flu shot until this past Tuesday, but both of us got ours. Despite that, kiddo was sick for about half a day while Mrs. mtn and I were down for about a week with whatever not-covid-not-the-flu thing that kiddo brought home from the cesspool that masquarades as a daycare. The win? We're all seemingly breathing clear right now with no fevers and no other issues, other than the diarrhea I had this morning, but I'm pretty sure that was due to the obscene amount of cheese that I ate at about 11:45PM just a few hours prior. 

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/3/22 6:33 a.m.

This weekend is going to be fun. I've got a 850 hp super truck to play with.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
12/3/22 6:32 p.m.

I had previously caught about 20 minutes or so of the middle of Ford vs Ferrari while trotting on a treadmill at the gym. I finally got around to watching the whole thing. I really enjoyed it.   

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/3/22 7:05 p.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

I loved the week I spent with one. Please share your thoughts!

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
12/3/22 7:07 p.m.

Got a full game table tonight, and Mrs. bfc5000 decided we're doing thanksgiving 2.0 as well. House smells amazing, Christmas decorating is done, kids aren't fighting, had time for drum practice, have ample time for game prep, and got a $100 visa "Christmas bonus"

I still need to figure out what to buy wife for her bday next week, but aside from that everything seems to be going my way right now. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/4/22 10:26 p.m.

they are real, they are very clean, and I got there first! 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/5/22 10:26 a.m.

I found an industrial bolt house. And was able to get all the hardware i had in my amazon cart for about half price while supporting a local small business. 

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/5/22 10:49 a.m.

I changed the oil in all four vehicles yesterday and survived. 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
12/5/22 11:26 a.m.

99x is back on the air in Atlanta with the original playlists. Yeah I know this makes me old since it is an "oldies station" at this point, but I don't care.

https://99xatl.com/

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/8/22 8:58 p.m.

Got a nice liquor cabinet off FB Market.

And added some LED strip lights with a sensor switch when the door opens.

wae
wae PowerDork
12/9/22 12:19 p.m.

Sold the excursion to a friend from work who needed something the he, his wife, and their 5 kids could get around in.  He paid me in singles.  I really needed that laugh!

Also, after leaving a nasty note on my door for them, FedEx finally left the parts for my sister's car.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/9/22 2:07 p.m.

In reply to wae :

That's awesome! 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
12/10/22 2:11 p.m.

Passed all my 4th semester finals, nailed straight B's throughout nursing school despite the best attempts of the school!

One more semester to go, after a well-deserved month off!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/22 12:24 p.m.

My buddy Jeff sent me this pic of our high school hot rods parked in his parents driveway circa 1985:

and I have a new heat source in the garage:

it's loud and it's probably less efficient than a radiant but I don't care. The garage is comfortable in a shorter time, and that's what matters to me.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/11/22 6:47 p.m.

"The Long Kiss Goodnight" is on Netflix.  

This is good news.

DarkMonohue
12/11/22 9:34 p.m.

The J20 fired up this morning after a month or two dormant.  No drama.  Just a little prayer to the old gods before cranking over, and away she went like it was no big deal.  Minor win: against all odds, an ancient carbureted truck remains operable.

Bumbled over to the local Daddy Weekender to look at Christmas trees.  Yes, I know - tree farm, family fun, holiday adventure, blah blah blah.  Go on, if that's your thing, do it to it.  Neither of us were feeling it.  And apparently neither was Daddy Weekender, as their selection wasn't fantastic.  And the kid was getting hungry and fussy.  And the normally excellent burrito and hot dog kiosks on site were closed.  And my ever-fickle sinuses decided it was a good time to run for the fenceline, which left me searching under the seat of said J20 for slightly used blue shop towels in order to salvage a little dignity.  Minor win: I didn't have to wipe my nose on my sleeve.

We decided to default to the tree lot set up at the local grocery emporium.  Picked a tree, paid a king's ransom, agreed to a lunch plan.  Wife got in line at McDropout's and waited interminably for them to produce while I trundled home with the tree and set it up.  The tree is disappointingly shorter than we realized, even under our low ceilings.  Eventually wife arrived.  Of course, she forgot to tell them no mustard, so my cheeseburger was rendered surplus to requirements.  I scarfed an absolutely minscule Filet O' Wish in four bites while the kid flirted with his Happy Meal for the better part of an hour.  He eventually accepted naptime, as did I.  Minor win: I have the luxury of bitching about the crappy food I ate and got a few minutes of blessed silence.

When I awoke, it was dark and raining.  No point in attempting any driveway maintenance now.  Eff it, call it - day is over, nothing accomplished.  Minor win: I didn't have to look for lost tools or trip over my own mess in the garage.

The tree is up.  Kid and wife are decorating it and nobody has come unglued yet.  Minor win: I have not been pressed into service.

There's fifteen beers in a box in the garage and significantly more brennivin than I thought in the cupboard.  It's an Alvistime miracle.  Minor win: self-evident.

Christ on skates, do I hate December.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/11/22 10:27 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Alvis bless us, every one. Except whoever crapped the buffet.

DarkMonohue
12/11/22 10:43 p.m.
dculberson said:

Alvis bless us, every one. Except whoever crapped the buffet.

That thing's crawling with giardia.

"A penny'll start a fire" remains a popular warning around our house.

As befits the festive holiday season, I am now consuming a chunk of found ham (don't ask) with the brennivin. 

Ham is a minor win. Don't take that from me right now, people.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
12/12/22 7:05 a.m.

Celebrated my birthday yesterday. Went to a favorite pizza and beer place for lunch. Was jonesing for a a good, unadulterated stout or porter. Fully expected gimmicky adjuncted dark beers.

They had Old Rasputin *nitro*.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/12/22 7:33 a.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Oh my old Rasputin was/is one of my all time favorites. Where is that??

And: happy birthday!!

1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lsP1GCk9Hjhmqtbm6UDfZlli6AiSjUKKekvnRhFbw2lbTWnLMxTxTmz0h30GxoE2