1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 ... 292
Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/7/23 5:46 p.m.
matthewmcl said:
Antihero said:

My dad has snapped out of his delusional state and is working at getting home again.

Wow! Awesome!

Very awesome!

He literally went from them trying to turf him in hospice, to being normal and transferred into rehab in 48 hours

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/9/23 10:13 p.m.

Two words: discount ham.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/10/23 8:23 a.m.
DarkMonohue said:

I'd probably give that 24 hours before declaring that a Win or not...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/10/23 8:53 a.m.

I got to hang out with Dad for about 5 minutes yesterday.  Sure, hes been dead for 4 years and it was only a dream,  but it was nice.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/10/23 11:22 a.m.
Beer Baron said:
DarkMonohue said:

Day after Easter? That ham has at least 5 days left, possibly up to 2 months.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
4/10/23 3:26 p.m.

You know you're doing something right when your local city council person calls you mad as hell.

Score one for accountability!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/10/23 3:42 p.m.

The Dakota r/t i bought today is way nicer underneath the ugly than i was led to believe. Long road of rehab ahead, but man, what bones!

DarkMonohue
4/10/23 4:41 p.m.
mtn said:
Beer Baron said:
DarkMonohue said:

Day after Easter? That ham has at least 5 days left, possibly up to 2 months.

First thing I do when Mrs Monohue proudly announces how she found something super cheap is check the sell-by date. The ham in question had weeks yet to go and was, by all accounts, spectacular, and nobody has had any trouble yet.

Result: discount ham continues to be a win. It is enormous and we'll have to freeze a big portion of it. Maybe we'll take photos every time we thaw out a hunk so that we can commemorate the good times.

wae
wae PowerDork
4/12/23 7:01 p.m.

In the last week I've cooked up an amazing brisket, got the first stage of a pork butt done and have it chilling before I finish it in the oven, made killer vegetarian arepas, thawed out some carnitas that I made from the last butt I cooked, put together some awesome guacamole, and tonight I made what was probably the best pork loin I've ever cooked. 

After 531 days I was finally able to title and register the 2020 Miata Club I bought. 

17 months of making car payments and insurance premiums to have the car sit in my garage because the seller could not be bothered to expend a tiny bit of effort to execute the duties of a seller.

45,878,400 seconds of me being pissed off because my car was being held hostage by a worthless human and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.

About berkeleying time. 

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/12/23 8:55 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

Glad that finally got sorted. That was a long road. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/12/23 9:18 p.m.

In reply to wae :

That's a good week. We had a similar one last week that ended with the best Porchetta I've ever made. We just finished  breaded chicken leftover on sandwiches for dinner tonight. Now I have to eat salad for a week. 

DarkMonohue
4/12/23 10:02 p.m.

Pacing ourselves on the Hammageddon, Mrs Monohue outdone herself with some homemade chili tonight. Nothing out of the ordinary except that she used 50/50 burger (half ground beef and half ground bacon) from the local butcher shop. And corn bread, of course, because you kind of have to.

We ain't rich, but we do poor better than most.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/12/23 11:12 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

I'd eat that right now. And tomorrow.  For breakfast,  lunch, and dinner.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Dork
4/13/23 12:40 p.m.

Very minor win. I have reached a point in my life that I forgot today was payday. I don't think that has happened before. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
4/13/23 3:30 p.m.

I am still being actively recruited for a role I wouldn't have thought I was qualified for (might still turn out not to be), which has inspired me to apply for 1 or 2 other jobs that would be fully remote and large pay raises. Wife would like to stay home with kids for some time in the future and if any of these roles work out, they would help enable that.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
4/13/23 3:42 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I got to hang out with Dad for about 5 minutes yesterday.  Sure, hes been dead for 4 years and it was only a dream,  but it was nice.

Wow. I felt that.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/13/23 4:56 p.m.

New job is almost a year in and my commissions are up 20% over my last gig but I developed an attitude about the total pay.  

I had to step back, take a deep breath and realize how blessed I am. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
4/13/23 5:48 p.m.
DjGreggieP said:

I have reached a point in my life that I forgot today was payday.

That's a good place to be

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/13/23 10:24 p.m.
DjGreggieP said:

Very minor win. I have reached a point in my life that I forgot today was payday. I don't think that has happened before. 

I do that quite regularly.  Problem is, I own the place and I'm the guy writing the cheques...

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/14/23 5:43 p.m.

I scored a decent condition set of 01+ seats for my NB for a steal. I've been hunting a pair for a couple of years now and I stumbled across some on eBay marked as from a 1990 for $360 shipped. I haven't seen a good pair for less than $500 until now. 

wae
wae PowerDork
4/14/23 5:49 p.m.

I just scored 24.5 pounds of chicken thighs for 53¢/lb.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/14/23 5:59 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Do you know why?

wae
wae PowerDork
4/14/23 6:36 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Sell-by date is the 17th.  But it's already vac-packed and in cryogenic stasis!

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/15/23 8:42 a.m.

I'm going to Disney with the wife and kids. We have been wanting to go for a few years and we finally made it work. 

1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WwPxyGxeF1NNGmxQe7f6bsrfNTzcV7Cj9f5s9becBi7s8WfJqERf5x4jJnJB1OSF