1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 ... 292
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/29/23 6:22 p.m.

Two wins here.angry  My revenge fantasies are becoming more usable in the real world, and I'm building a knowledge of where security cameras are, making it more likely I can get the bodies in the river without being seen.

Second, I happened to have a used tire in that size sitting at the shop.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/29/23 6:45 p.m.

Three cuts... did you piss Wolverine off again?

I mean, it is not like it takes very much effort to do that

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/29/23 7:01 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I've been driving my 740T, so the V50 was parked on the street.  I noticed it flat, but being the exact opposite of Sherlock Holmes, the spare on my neighbors Civic this week didn't clue me in that something was going on...

Watson is more observant of the human condition than me.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/29/23 8:12 p.m.

So mad I couldn't snap a pic. Today, while getting woodchips at the city chip dump, I saw the raddest, most cyberpunk/Mad Max/deathkart. A 2005 Mustang, lifted on knobbies. Roof rack, no trunk lid, with the spare bolted to a Baja mount. No hood or fenders with a skid plate and bull bar.

Hnnnnngh.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE SuperDork
5/30/23 10:22 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

My sister lives on the Space Coast, and on Saturday she was on her way home from a long road-trip in her camper van. Instead of going home, she came to the track and we got to hang out for several hours. I think we concluded that we hadn't seen each other since our Mom's funeral in 2003.

I happy for you my dude. My sister's one of my best friends, and I can't imagine not seeing her in a week let alone a decade.

FJ40Jim
FJ40Jim Reader
5/30/23 6:52 p.m.

My beloved SK long handle fine tooth ratchet died last year after 30 years of daily service. Went to SK tool dealer in town to exchange or repair, only to be informed that SK had gone out of business (again) and some assets had been bought by Glorious peoples Chinese tool conglomerate.

Contacted SK through their "Get warranty service" web page which was still up. They emailed back to say they had no ratchet to send ATM, but would get me one ASAP. Months later got a 2nd email saying would be shipping soon. Months later I bought a barely used one off eBay for a good price. (That's a win).

And then today FedEx dropped off a little box.

Containing a new SK long handle 3/8 ratchet!

Not made in USA, not fine tooth, but still looks like a quality product. Thanks SK tool corp, wherever you are.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/1/23 3:04 p.m.

My FIL/MIL's neighbors are trying to help us out by talking to him about the way he has been acting lately. Apparently, he acknowledged that he might have made things worse. He reached out to my wife, agreed to talk with her and they are meeting as I type this. I'm hoping that things get better because at this point it really can't get much worse.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/1/23 4:18 p.m.

I have been wanting to get an ebike for a few months. I have it narrowed down to a couple of models. One of them is a Lectric XP3. I have been holding off becuase it is >$1K. Last night I saw a XP Lite brand new in the box for $350. I thought scam but figured I would call. It was an older couple who got it as a gift, they knew the price new so I was fair with them, met today cash done, brand new bike for me at over 50% off.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
6/1/23 4:38 p.m.

In reply to FJ40Jim :

Google "SK ratchet fine tooth repair kit".  You will now have two ratchets for an extra ~$30,

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
6/1/23 5:12 p.m.

My daughter got a summer job at one of the best body shops in the country. Sanded and painted a car, and buffed a $20K paint job, on her first day. She is so happy!

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/1/23 8:49 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/1/23 9:22 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Nice knowing you.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/1/23 9:31 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

i like it.

co worker turned 21 a few weeks ago, and is moving into his new house next weekend.  one is for me, the other is a housewarming gift.

turns out i am kind of a troll

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
6/2/23 12:55 p.m.

Got interviewed by the local news about our city's imploding police department due to lousy pay and lousy city management. Neither are new issues and should have been addressed months ago quietly. But it wasn't, so now it is blowing up quite spectacularly in the open.

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
6/3/23 1:26 p.m.

Over the last few days my youngest kid (15, soon to be 16) and I have begun a friendly rivalry to see who can set the fastest time on the Catalunya Rallycross course in GT7. 

We started off using a clone of my old Acadia green '97 Impreza coupe I used to Rallycross and Autocross. It has limited potential since the power is rather low and in order to have the proper look it can't have any aerodynamic add ons; we wound up in the mid to high 40 second range. Then we moved to a fully-built 22B Impreza with aero and more power, that shaved a few seconds off our time. Next we tried a fully-built Focus RS and the times dropped further.

Finally we wound up running Ford Raptors that were tuned in completely different ways and I zipped around the course in 43.2 seconds and the kid bested me with a 43.1 run. 

My setup:

suspension at 180 mm height
sways at 3
shock bound at 37
shock rebound at 47
springs at full soft
camber at -3.0 front, -1.5 rear
toe at .05 out in front, 0.0 in rear

diffs:
initial torque 5 front and 5 rear
acceleration torque 50 front 60 rear
deceleration torque 5 front 5 rear

gearbox set at 300 kph top speed

The kid's setup:

suspension at 290 mm height
sways at 7
shock bound at 30
shock rebound at 40
springs at the middle of the frequency range
camber at -1.5 front, -.5 rear
zero toe

stock diffs

gearbox set at 180 kph top speed

The_Jed
The_Jed PowerDork
6/3/23 2:15 p.m.

I've been fiddling with the alignment on my '04 Outback and I have it at 1/32"-1/16" toe in (measured at the edge of the wheel using some jack stands and a piece of taut paracord 550) and yesterday my daughter (16, soon to be 17) helped me install some smaller diameter bolts in the strut-to-spindle mount for what looks to be about -3 degrees of camber up front. Of course, we also re-dialed in the front toe and then took it for a test drive. It feels almost like my old Scoob!

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/3/23 4:41 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/4/23 2:57 p.m.

The local utility contractors association hosted a Dozer Day yesterday, so we packed up Little Monohue and headed over.  He got to crawl all over some trucks and equipment, took a zip line ride, and got some seat time in this big old thing.  I'm a little roasted from too much sun, but he sure had a good time!

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/4/23 6:01 p.m.

So my wife had a craft fair, she did great, made many fans with her cool jewelry and badass t shirts  but that isn't the part that was the minor win.

I'm getting coffee for everyone and these 3 kids are walking a puppy. He doesn't care about anyone in the crowd even though people are flocking to his cuteness. They come close by the coffee stand and puppy comes right over, sits next to me and looks up at me. The kids start moving off and the puppy stays at the end of his leash staring back at me as they walk away. I remember thinking " I wish I could get a puppy like that one day". It's important to note that we have a year old Fluffburg and do not need nor were looking for another puppy 

About 15 min later the kids come by the booth and my wife's aunt rushes over to play with him and starts asking questions about the puppy. Turns out it's not their puppy, it is in fact a foster. At the local animal shelter. That while known for being picky about their adoption policy I got our Fluffburg from. Whose head of adoption is the daughter of the guy I've worked with for over 2 decades.

So long story short, we are getting a Boerboel mix puppy. He's 3 months old in this pic and Boerboel can get up to 200lbs. I'm gonna need a bigger boat/car/truck/camper/life between him and the Fluffburg who is over waist tall and a year old.

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
6/5/23 9:57 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Cool dog story!

This happened over the weekend,  I kinda like it!

Antihero
6/5/23 10:20 a.m.
llysgennad said:

In reply to Antihero :

Cool dog story!

This happened over the weekend,  I kinda like it!

I'm glad you like them and I applaud your sophisticated taste in band shirts.

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
6/5/23 10:25 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

One for my daughter too, she loves it!

Antihero
6/5/23 10:52 a.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

She is awesome and make sure you tell her that for me.

Hopefully soon I'll have more to offer everyone besides bitchin' shirts, things are happening in the Sledgehammer camp that will hopefully mean great things.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/5/23 1:53 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

My sister lives on the Space Coast, and on Saturday she was on her way home from a long road-trip in her camper van. Instead of going home, she came to the track and we got to hang out for several hours. I think we concluded that we hadn't seen each other since our Mom's funeral in 2003.

I happy for you my dude. My sister's one of my best friends, and I can't imagine not seeing her in a week let alone a decade.

Ooof. This belongs in the minor rant thread, but my siblings behavior has been making it very difficult to want to continue any kind of relationship. I'm trying to find a family counselor to moderate a disucssion to hopefully get some things figured out.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/5/23 2:49 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Congratulations.

Did I find you?

Or did you find me?

1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V4ebezRBgFVUDINviMNZCrzxIhq3juLomhhWCSsOA9HwvaQeMnX4CKlrW1xrEDJK