1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 292
Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/3/18 9:41 a.m.

I was able to straighten the frame at home!!!!!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/3/18 10:15 a.m.

Honda Customer Service covered $2600 in TSB repairs on our Odyssey 3 months after the extended warranty expired!  And they comp'd us a Sirius XM 2-month trial, just in time for a spring break road trip!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/18 4:23 p.m.

FINALLY got the title and plates for my boat's trailer! It only took me 4 trips to the DMV

Now to title the damn boat

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
4/4/18 4:32 p.m.

Quick turnaround.  Machine shop got my aluminum head on Friday and I got it back today.  Decked, hot tanked, and replaced a valve for $150.

Now I have to put it back together.....

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
4/4/18 7:17 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

Good luck!

Took me a year to get my title on my last boat here in good old Illinois, where our governors make our license plates. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/5/18 2:52 p.m.

Got called for an interview for a cybersecurity job that could pay first-world grown-up money. Might not go any further than that, and it might be rearranging deck chairs on the titanic to get another job here at all, but it's nice to get called in!

Burrito
Burrito Dork
4/5/18 4:04 p.m.

Last weekend I sold my winter beater Rabbit.  This is a win because I drove it for 6 months without any significant failures, made several hundred dollars on it, AND I got to keep my wheels and tires.

Furthermore, that pinched nerve / torn muscle / whatever in my right shoulder has finally stopped subjecting me to debilitating levels of pain.  This means I can get back to work on the 128 and ride my motorcycle without hating life!  laugh

Much rejoicing!

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/7/18 1:18 a.m.

I may have just spent 6.5 hours crammed on planes with an additional 50 minute layover/terminal sprint in Chicago, and my Eastern time zone body is screaming its way past bedtime, but right now its all worth it!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
4/7/18 2:00 p.m.

Just walked out of G-Force Karts in Richmond after running two races with my oldest son.  He had the 6th fastest time of the day.  I had the 8th.  We were aware of the fact that it was early, but the place was pretty busy and they'd run a good number of races already, so we were feeling pretty good about it.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/7/18 2:34 p.m.

I just test drove an EcoSport and I like it. A lot. And the salesperson didn't make me feel like a slimeball for not buying today. Still wanna see more stuff, and all they had were 1.0 FWD cars, but I like it. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
4/7/18 6:06 p.m.

Engine reassembled.   Test drive around the block successful.  Autocross in the morning.  All is good with the world!

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/7/18 7:03 p.m.

I got a new job. Maintenance man at a community college in my newly adopted town. Not much better pay, but good benefits. Any progress is good.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
4/7/18 7:44 p.m.
wheelsmithy said:

I got a new job. Maintenance man at a community college in my newly adopted town. Not much better pay, but good benefits. Any progress is good.

Maintenance Man can be a darned good gig. Once you have some experience in the field you might want to take a look at your local VA hospital, good money and excellent benefits.  

And congratulations!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
4/7/18 8:53 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy :

Congrats on the new gig. Some colleges offer free tuition to employees.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/7/18 11:32 p.m.

After:

Channeled my inner Cousin Eddie...

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/8/18 12:38 p.m.

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Classes are a nice perk, but TN currently gives free tuition to any adult at community colleges. Going to have my transcripts sent, and see what's possible. maybe in the fall. Just being in an educational workplace will be nice. The tooth to head ratio is generally higher. cheeky

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/8/18 2:28 p.m.

I found a bondo and crack free door. Et was even the right color so i dont have to paint the jambs!

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/8/18 9:57 p.m.

Life is good for us, anyway. 

SWBO was towing a utility trailer loaded with about a ton of rubber horse stall mats yesterday evening when a 19 year old kid in a Crown Vic managed to run into the trailer. 

Trailer suffered a crumpled fender that needed prying odd the tire. Load must have been well secured, as it barely shifted. Was able to drive home. 

The Crown Vic didn’t do so well— the trailer took all the body work off the front of the car!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/9/18 10:40 a.m.

Just got my A1C. 3 months ago it was 7.5. It's now 6.8. This is good for my health. 

dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
4/9/18 7:25 p.m.

Worked my first full day since what turned out to be gout swelled my right knee and left ankle up enough to put me in bed 22hrs a day. Im sore but happy.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/10/18 2:58 p.m.

I have shop space again!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/10/18 6:40 p.m.

Cab paint in the driveway!!!!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/18 9:46 p.m.

Finally had the stones to drive more than 7/10ths over broken up pavement with teh R.

My word.... the suspension is MAGIC.  It simultaneously soaked up the bumps and controlled body motion.  And the bouncy howly noises the tires made as the contact patches loaded and unloaded mid-corner reminded me of this video:

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
4/10/18 9:53 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

What in the hell did i just watch? It was awesome, but i have no idea what it was.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
4/11/18 11:06 a.m.

Had a great 2 week trip to Vietnam and got home to a promotion and raise!

1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
b8lot0Z8BQIhWQn7obB5YcyM1bJXyKq2shdFoxUd41zxLVxCLMc4uk6CHLoG0mBn