1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 292
Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/4/18 10:48 a.m.

For reasons that still baffle me, a very nice young lady said "I do" to me 25 years ago today.  Dropped off roses at her work this morning I have been in a good mood all day so far.  Thanks babe.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/4/18 11:30 a.m.
Aaron_King said:

For reasons that still baffle me, a very nice young lady said "I do" to me 25 years ago today.  Dropped off roses at her work this morning I have been in a good mood all day so far.  Thanks babe.

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/4/18 12:59 p.m.

25 years ago today I signed out of active duty and began my life as a civilian.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/4/18 1:10 p.m.

The new mri at the hospital is faster then the old one. On my took half an hour compared too the hour my last one took. The lady operating it couldn't quit raving about how much better it was

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/4/18 1:38 p.m.

Been busting my hump at work on a project to assess buildings, prioritize the required work, and estimate the costs.  I created a modular spreadsheet system that can handle multiple buildings keyed back to a single set of calculations, sets construction dates based on assigned priority, and adjusts estimated costs to account for extent of work and inflation depending upon expected construction completion.  Not magic, but works pretty well if I say so myself.

Got called into the conference room, congratulated, and given a nice bonus.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/7/18 12:39 p.m.

Anybody else having fantastic tomatoes out of their gardens this year?  We've had a fairly cool and super wet summer, and the tomatoes are just fabulous.  Usually, I don't even have fruit ripening until mid-August, and they tend to be pathetic.  This year, they're coming in big, fleshy, and delicious.  I've come to the conclusion that I don't water enough, but it hasn't been an issue this year because of all the rain.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/7/18 8:09 p.m.

First "big course" autocross with the new Miata on Monday.  This is Kazoo Jr. at the helm, makin' it work: 

In other news, Grattan is a hoot.  As a downer, we actually went fast enough in a Miata to lose a couple of our magnetic numbers.  

Somewhat related, got a "nice car" in the drive thru at Culvers tonight.  

Unrelated, my nephew made it through a touchy surgery today.

A "full heart" kind of day.  

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/7/18 11:54 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

25 years ago today-ish, I first encountered the girl who I eventually proposed to.  She did say yes.

Things kinda went downhill from there, and then I bought my first RX-7 after we broke up, which amused me in part because it had manual windows and none of my previous cars had working (power) passenger windows, which annoyed her to no end.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/8/18 6:21 a.m.

I slept part of the night in the recliner instead of the patio chair.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/8/18 1:14 p.m.

On the minor win side, assuming the airbnb gets confirmed, we're going to Rhinebeck in late October for a short vacation to the NY Sheep + Wool Festival.  Which happens to correspond with the last airshow weekend at Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome.

On the minor rant side, I've been trying to get this organized and reserved for weeks.  We found a great big house rental that we both loved, but before we could sit down and finalize it, somebody rented it.

Back on the minor win side, we found another place that is a lot smaller, but also less expensive and closer to Woodstock, which is one of our destinations.

[edit] Airbnb reservation confirmed!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/8/18 3:54 p.m.

Big thumbs for Rhinebeck.  Be sure to take pics, you lucky bastard. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/8/18 5:27 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Will do, and I'll share here.  Hopefully weather cooperates.  I met Cole Palen once when I was a little kid at Lex DuPont's New Garden air field when he flew a Nieuport down for the air show.  But I've never been to Rhinebeck Aerodrome.  It's only 4 days but it's our first real vacation in quite a while.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/8/18 5:38 p.m.

New valve fixed the espresso machine! $14 for that and a new sleeve for the steaming wand, shipped, five minutes for installation.

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/8/18 6:11 p.m.

Should actually be a rant but

Got the grass cut and swept just after morning showers dried out and afternoon showers came in early. In hindsight only had a two hour window and nailed it, started raining while parking the tractor in the shed. 

4-5" expected tonight through Monday. 

Dumb luck/ small victories. indecision

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/9/18 6:14 p.m.

the XT busted the lug nuts off the SVTf.  Didn't seem too interested in the drivers fronts for a second. But a quick tighten then reverse got the last truculent one.  The lug nut that previously owned this little turd must have lost a set of lug nuts at some point because each wheel only had three.  I bought all new ones recently for all four corners.  Tools man.  If you have the right ones they just make life seem a little more joyful.  smiley

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/9/18 6:16 p.m.

In reply to fasted58 :

how many times have all of us torqued that final bolt just as the drops start.  I swear it releases at least a little of what ever chemical makes you exhilarated. smiley

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/10/18 9:52 a.m.

Ordered bed off of Amazon. Two show up. Amazon says keep the second one, free gift on us. (Not on purpose of course.) Sell second mattress. Sleep on new mattress that now costs eve less than the already cheap price new. Win!

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/12/18 8:52 p.m.

The Z4 is now old enough that annual license renewal got cheaper!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/13/18 4:36 p.m.

On my desk sits a dead rotor from a 13B that I got over a decade ago from the guy who sold me the hard parts I needed to rebuild my convertible RC-7's original engine- as everything on our desks is supposed to be labeled to identify its purpose (don't ask, stupid corporate BS), it is sitting on a piece of paper that says, "Paperweight." A few weeks ago a new hire came by and noticed and asked if I still had the car- turns out he's a massive rotor-head and has an FC and and FD. We talked a bit about the cars, both his, my former one, and that I was passively looking for a Renesis as a potential swap for the DMC.

This afternoon he catches me in the hall and tells me his Dad picked up a 6-speed RX-8 for him that he's planning on doing an engine swap on, and that if I was serious about wanting a Renesis I'd get first dibs on it. So potential massive score for something silly I got for free and like having on my desk. :)

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/14/18 9:42 a.m.

It's not even 11am on Friday, and I have everything not cooking related done i needed to do this weekend. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/14/18 12:32 p.m.

I am grateful to the staff of GRM for selecting another of my nuggets of wisdom for publication in the "Say What?" feature of their fine magazine.  Not my first time, but the first time in quite a while.  I was beginning to fear that they didn't like me anymore.  Of course, what they still don't realize is that virtually everything I say is absolutely brilliant and witty and deserves a wide audience. cheeky

I would go on, but modesty prevents me from tooting my own horn, so to speak.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/15/18 9:04 a.m.

I slept in bed last night for the first time in a month. Rib is sore today, but still a win.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
9/15/18 7:00 p.m.

We got the Challenge car about halfway painted today. And lost at least a pound of road crud trapped behind the fenders...

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/16/18 11:15 p.m.

Participated in my seventh autocross since starting in April. A little over 100 entrants, I was 15th from last. Gives me hope for when I get off the age-hardened, 400 tw street tires.

barefootskater
barefootskater HalfDork
9/18/18 2:07 p.m.

Haven't looked at a scale and I don't intend to, I just want to feel better and be able to keep up with my boy. I cut sugar two weeks ago and started exercising about 2-3 hours a week. Pants already fit better.

1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sK4a41QFyvQyC35lrfubqVY5ZQUl4UcI1cX59xsIy13TAQqsySKdQ9T0uw1BNDlw