1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 292
classicJackets
classicJackets Dork
7/15/19 2:06 p.m.

I updated my address for my car insurance, and my payments are now more than 50% cheaper. I moved 1 mile. That'll save me $1200 a year!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/19 2:18 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
SnowMongoose said:

First attempt at an NT stop, sucked much less day two than day one.

Nico Tine?  North Texas? Non-transvestite?

National Tour, an SCCA Autocross event. I was at the same one as snow and had the same experience.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/19 2:53 p.m.
Wally said:

I stopped at the mall and some genius put a Chick Fil A next to a Nathan’s so I can have decent fries with my sandwich.  These are the people that should be getting parades.

Dude - when at Chik-Fil-A, always order the fries extra crispy.  Not only does it guarantee they will be fresh, it makes them nice golden brown and crunchy instead of warm and pasty.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
7/15/19 4:59 p.m.

I just bought an El Camino. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
7/15/19 7:10 p.m.

I just got suspended from reddit for three days.  The reasons are so absurd at to make this a minor win instead of a minor rant.  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/15/19 10:13 p.m.

I got my hands on the rules, finally, to the fairs demolition derby. I have also found out there is a tractor class. 32 isn't too old to get into wrecking on purpose, is it?

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/16/19 12:57 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

That sounds like a story worth hearing devil

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/16/19 6:25 a.m.

Had the 4th fastest raw time at the autocross this Saturday. Also, now leading my class by a solid margin and in 6th place overall.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
7/16/19 6:31 a.m.

In reply to CJ :

On a “political humor” subreddit I suggested that we should punch actual, self identifying, nazis.   54 days ago.

And apparently i’m in violation of some reddit by-law for posting violent content.

I know that we have a pretty strict “no politics” rule around here but even with that I would imagine that everyone understands “nazis bad, punching them is not bad”.   However, as  I do not wish to end up under the patio, please allow my explanation to end here without further discussion, I do not wish to see a good thread get locked as things spin out of control. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/16/19 5:15 p.m.

I think I've finally figured out a path to my own business. I want to talk things over with a small business lawyer first, but I may be filing LLC papers in October.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/19 5:53 p.m.

I just got a $1.50/hr raise, backdated to the first of the month even!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/19 6:11 p.m.
Duke said:
Wally said:

I stopped at the mall and some genius put a Chick Fil A next to a Nathan’s so I can have decent fries with my sandwich.  These are the people that should be getting parades.

Dude - when at Chik-Fil-A, always order the fries extra crispy.  Not only does it guarantee they will be fresh, it makes them nice golden brown and crunchy instead of warm and pasty.

That’s good if you have no options but better fries are available it seems silly not to get them. 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/17/19 12:49 a.m.

I bought an electric fan and controller about three years ago to free up some power/get better fuel economy in my S10. I just installed it tonight. Into the mustang that replaced the Honda that replaced the S10 as my dd. Procrastination level: Expert. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/17/19 1:16 p.m.

I was able to book flights for a work trip far enough in advance that I was able to take advantage of the perks that my company gets with Delta, which means that for 2 legs of my round trip journey I'll be in the 4th and 5th row aisle seat, and for the other 2 legs I'm in the exit-row aisle seat. 

Usually my trips are planned about 2 weeks in advance and I just get whatever seats are left.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/17/19 8:49 p.m.

Beer, tomato, salt, chipotle. tamarind, lime.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
7/18/19 8:20 a.m.

Went to the ‘zone yesterday to turn in old oil and a dead battery.  Also picked up oil and filter for Passat and a couple cans of freon.   Stuff that totaled about $50 but with battery credit, rewards dollars, veterans discount and sale pricing I walked out for $17.

Second win: I’ve lived in an older home for 8 years now and there isn’t an outlet in the bathroom nearest my bedroom.  Just a light switch, which never really bothered me but TM uses a blow dryer and would like to be able to do it in the bathroom instead of the bedroom.   So I ran over to HD for electrical stuff.  Picked up a 2 gang old construction box, a GFI outlet, and the appropriate plate.   It took me maybe an hour (mostly finding the right tools) but there is now a light switch and outlet combo in the bathroom.

**bonus points on that one, it worked perfectly on my first shot wiring it up!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/19 4:40 p.m.
classicJackets said:

I updated my address for my car insurance, and my payments are now more than 50% cheaper. I moved 1 mile. That'll save me $1200 a year!

Sounds like you can keep the ti. :-)

AngryCorvair
7/18/19 4:45 p.m.

Not sure how or why, but After several days of “403: Forbidden”, I’m reading GRM in Nanjing.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
7/18/19 8:15 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Not sure how or why, but After several days of “403: Forbidden”, I’m reading GRM in Nanjing.

Great city - haven’t been back in a couple years but should make it later this year.  I was amused that GRM got filtered but Reddit didn’t.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
7/19/19 5:10 p.m.

Passed my FAA Part 107 this morning, now I need a drone.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/21/19 4:38 p.m.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky....  We are totally surrounded by a the 2nd largest power outage in SE MI.  Even heard that a transformer fell onto a car near the annual art fair, with flames shooting 20ft up.  And the last two days have been over 90F with massive humidity.

All the while, we had power, we had AC.

Whew.

AngryCorvair
7/21/19 4:43 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

My side of our subdivision is remarkably robust to outages.  One street over, not so much.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
7/21/19 5:23 p.m.

My boss, a mechanic engineer, spent about 6 hours today trying to troubleshoot and revive this janky old HMI/PLC we have in our plant.  Old antiquated technology that nobody works with any more. 

It was throwing an alarm on the touchscreen and no amount of proding would get it to clear.  He was mostly working on the PLC program trying to figure out what was happening and why, but briefly had one of the other electricians over to check out the hardware side of things.

I offered to come take a look at it, feeling like I remembered having this problem five or six years ago.  He declined and kept at it, eventually getting pissed off and leaving in a sour mood with the machine very much still broken.  I finished up my sweet, sweet Sunday doubletime task and thought I should go give it the old community college try before heading home for the day.

After about 30 seconds of poking at it, I came to the conclusion that the touchscreen was so berkeleying disgusting that it wasn't recognizing any touches, and thus the alarm couldn't be cleared.  A little lens cleaner on a fresh rag and they're off to the races.

He didn't seem any happier when I shot him a text to tell him the good news.  cheeky

AngryCorvair
7/21/19 5:28 p.m.

... the old community college try ...

:-D

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
7/21/19 5:35 p.m.

Pigs in a blanket for dinner :D

1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 292

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners