1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 291
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/26/19 4:55 p.m.

New tattoo day laugh

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/26/19 5:02 p.m.

I have a plan to keep my roll bar AND fit a soft top. If it works like i think it will

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/26/19 7:11 p.m.

Looks like in less than 30 mins once I posted my hardtop in a Miata buy/sell/trade group on FB it has sold

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/19 7:13 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

This guarantees that the perfect Miata for rallycross will be for sale in the next 30 minutes.

MrChaos
7/26/19 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

i havent looked at the 88 cressida that is around the same amount that I am selling the hardtop for and near my work. nope havent looked at it at all.....

MrChaos
7/26/19 7:16 p.m.
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/19 7:29 p.m.

I dvr a series called Treasures of New York on PBS. Some are about buildings or organizations and usually mildly interesting but this week’s is about Stanford White narrated by Dick Cavet. It’s one of the better once they’ve had lately.

https://www.pbs.org/video/treasures-new-york-stanford-white-full/

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/26/19 7:34 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Stanford White was a Dude. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/19 7:40 p.m.

He certainly lived an interesting life. I didn’t realize how many beautiful buildings he was involved in.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/26/19 10:11 p.m.

Took both Spawn to a local convention today. They had a good time and all the walking wore them the berkeley out.

It's been a quiet night.

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/28/19 12:02 p.m.

While in the midst of trying to sell the M5 I put a new battery in it and now it starts without a jump.

After driving it about 15 miles it started shaking badly about 40 mph and getting worse at higher speeds. 

Fearing a caliper rebuild I took the front wheels off and saw that the caliper guide pins were crusty and corroded and replaced them with new ones.

After getting it all back together I took it for a drive and problem solved!

So glad I didn't have to rebuild the calipers and I forgot what a joy the car is to drive and look at and wrench on.

Trying to remember why I decided to sell it.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/29/19 8:06 a.m.

Minor rant 1:  Amazon sent me the wrong rear rotors for the TSX - a solid 10mm too big in diameter, if not more.  At $20 each for coated Centrics they were a good deal, but not if they won't fit inside the calipers.

Minor rant 2:  Our local NAPA sucks.  They never have anything I need in stock.  They could have me the rotors by Tuesday, for $40 each.  That's way too much and Tuesday doesn't work for me when the front half of the car is sticking out of my garage and the back half is on stand jacks and all apart.

Minor win 1:  Local Advance Auto had decent coated rotors in stock, on a Sunday afternoon, for $30 each.  Not cheap but it bears repeating that they were in stock on a Sunday afternoon.  This is the second time this particular brick-and-mortar store has come through for me at a reasonable upcharge when the timing was important.

Minor win 2:  I paid for most of it with a $50 rebate card I got for buying BFG tires.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
7/29/19 10:36 a.m.

To address the rant from earlier this summer, our realtor really worked his tail off and got us an offer on our house.  We're under contract with closing set for mid-August.  Also buying a nicer, bigger house with 3 car garage (I'm getting the 2 car and she'll get the single), a little over an acre.   Neighborhood allows 2 livestock-sized animals so she wants horses.  

The new house has a shed with a blue '98 Mustang Cobra in it.  Unknown condition besides a hard impact to the driver's door.  I'm really hoping the widow lady owner leaves it behind and we've let her realtor know she can leave any items behind, but she has some middle-age sons who surely want to drag the car home.  Check for a report late August.

Also picked up a free jet ski hull with pump and parts.  Considering non-traditional repower ideas but will consider "restoring" it with a 1996 Kawi 750 2 stroke if one floats my way.  It should be a neat winter project.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/19 8:05 p.m.

The rampage is running laugh

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/19 9:57 a.m.

That’s my latest bead, a vertical butt weld about 1” long.  Material is 16ga. steel. I’m pretty happy with that.  Flux core, voltage 3 out of 4, speed 2.5 out of 10.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/19 10:25 a.m.

I'm at the title company signing the closing docs on buying my house.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/19 10:30 a.m.
Javelin said:

I'm at the title company signing the closing docs on buying my house.

Woohoo!

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/31/19 10:36 a.m.

The mudstain is almost like a new car now that the wheel bearing isn't screaming at me. Much more civilized.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/31/19 10:41 a.m.
Duke said:

Minor rant 1:  Amazon sent me the wrong rear rotors for the TSX - a solid 10mm too big in diameter, if not more.  At $20 each for coated Centrics they were a good deal, but not if they won't fit inside the calipers.

Minor rant 2:  Our local NAPA sucks.  They never have anything I need in stock.  They could have me the rotors by Tuesday, for $40 each.  That's way too much and Tuesday doesn't work for me when the front half of the car is sticking out of my garage and the back half is on stand jacks and all apart.

Minor win 1:  Local Advance Auto had decent coated rotors in stock, on a Sunday afternoon, for $30 each.  Not cheap but it bears repeating that they were in stock on a Sunday afternoon.  This is the second time this particular brick-and-mortar store has come through for me at a reasonable upcharge when the timing was important.

Minor win 2:  I paid for most of it with a $50 rebate card I got for buying BFG tires.

My minor rant- Anybody that thinks a $30 rotor is expensive never bought rotors in the 1980's.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/31/19 10:47 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I didn't say $30 rotors were expensive.  I said they were not cheap.  There's a difference.  wink

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/1/19 9:02 a.m.

Last fall we had to replace the Dancer's ailing decade-old computer, something which she was not at all happy about. She really despises having to learn new technology, and there was just no reasonable way to directly replace the old computer with one running the same OS. So, shortly after Apple announced the new generation of Mac Mini computers we bought the base model of the one that it replaced, figuring that even with being a few years off from current it would still be a step up from the old Windows box. This was not wholly accurate unfortunately- it was in fact annoyingly slow at many things compared to what it should have been, so she had that to complain about in addition to having to learn the idiosyncrasies of a new operating system (though it was still less complaining than trying to learn the newer Windows OSes that expect you to have a touch screen). 

A bit of research let to the probability that the issue was the small amount of memory and the fact they still use slooooow (5400 RPM) hard drives in the Minis. The memory can't be remedied- it's soldered to the main board- but the hard drive is not, and reports are the switching to a SSD makes a HUGE difference. I've been pushing to try this for most of this year, and mid-spring actually picked up the SSD and an enclosure for it to be able to clone the drive and test it out. But... doing so requires shutting the computer down (at least once), and she ALWAYS has something going such that she hasn't wanted me to do it despite how much of a productivity boost she should see.

This last weekend we bought a new desk for her as the old one was just too small- and since the desk needed to go across the room where there was room for it, she HAD to close things out to move the computer, and I was finally able to clone the drive and reboot the computer using the USB-connected SSD as its boot drive. And, lo and behold, despite the fact that the drive is mounted via USB and therefore can't transfer as fast as if it were internally installed, the computer is MUCH faster- fast enough such that even she had to admit that it was much easier to use. And it will only get better when I can hopefully get the drive swapped internally tomorrow.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
8/2/19 6:40 p.m.

We closed on our new (to us) house Wednesday and this is the absolute first thing that was moved:

Pay no attention to the tag date.  I have an antique auto tag somewhere for it I need to put on.  I will move a few more cars/bikes over to fill the garage and basement,  then need to get the new external garage built and move the rest of the cars and tools,  then we can sell our old house.  The next 6 months are going to be real hectic,  but it did feel good to get my old T/A moved.  People give 2nd gens a hard time,  but the car still drives nice and smooth and the AC still blows cold.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/2/19 6:46 p.m.

Looks good in there! They always look better rolling!!

slowbird
slowbird Reader
8/3/19 12:17 a.m.

In reply to Cotton :

I hereby dub this car, The Golden Bandit.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/19 12:36 a.m.

I bought a hot tub today.

1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 291

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ypSI6goHWvG0zgvZcbzCJIElv9XwyLQlGWDrSBlgTImV2rVtILA0gq1aRm6M4GrQ