1 2
SirCharles
SirCharles New Reader
10/28/09 10:01 a.m.

The Bacon explosion is really good. Just don't eat the whole log in one sitting.

SirCharles
SirCharles New Reader
10/28/09 10:02 a.m.

The Bacon explosion is really good. Just don't eat the whole log in one sitting.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer Dork
10/28/09 10:06 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: im making one this weekend for my birfday....
It may be your LAST birthday, but it'll be SO worth it. Which day is your birthday? I'll make one in your honor.

this Sunday, the 1st....

Buckhead
Buckhead Reader
10/28/09 10:38 a.m.
fastasleep wrote:
Buckhead wrote: I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Double Coronary bypass burger from The Vortex... one-half pound of sirloin lettuce and onion 4 slices of American cheese 5 strips of bacon 2 fried eggs. Instead of buns, insert two grilled cheese sandwiches
MMMMM, the Double Coronary! How often do you head over there to eat? -Les I work on 14th street and vortex is on 8th. I go there weekly something twice a week. MMMMM cheese balls... This could explain the 10 pounds i have put on since i started working here.
Buckhead
Buckhead Reader
10/28/09 10:40 a.m.

In reply to 93celicaGT2:

It's doable but the only thing i normally destroy is my girlfriend's toilet.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/28/09 11:07 a.m.
Buckhead wrote: In reply to 93celicaGT2: It's doable but the only thing i normally destroy is my girlfriend's toilet.

I eat probably a good half pound of cheese and a pound of some sort of meat daily... I don't think i'd have a lot of problem with this.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
10/28/09 7:31 p.m.

Guess what I just did. If you guessed weave up some bacon to cook tomorrow morning before school you were correct.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
10/28/09 7:32 p.m.

Now that's how to get your morning started :)

Jack
Jack SuperDork
10/29/09 3:15 p.m.

Whoa, I'll stick to "Pig Candy" (smoked bacon with brown sugar and rub), on teh leftover coals, the morning after I run the smoker.

Jack

splitime
splitime Reader
10/29/09 3:38 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: If by nasty you mean "zomgthatisthebombdiggity" then you are right. And if by nasty you really meant "that does not look appetizing at all, and so Im going to respond in a negative manner", I will ask you nicely just once to please stay off my internets. no one puts bacon in the corner just kidding...but only slightly

Definitely saying it is gross. I love bacon... but I do not need a burger stuffed inside a donut...

bamalama
bamalama Reader
10/29/09 5:30 p.m.
fastasleep wrote:
Buckhead wrote: I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Double Coronary bypass burger from The Vortex... one-half pound of sirloin lettuce and onion 4 slices of American cheese 5 strips of bacon 2 fried eggs. Instead of buns, insert two grilled cheese sandwiches
MMMMM, the Double Coronary! How often do you head over there to eat? -Les

I know the next time I'm visiting, I want to go there.

arren
arren New Reader
10/29/09 11:22 p.m.

Hello to all

Bacon is a cured meat prepared from a pig. It is first cured in a brine or in a dry packing, both consisting largely of salt; the result is fresh bacon (also green bacon). Fresh bacon may then be further dried for weeks or months (usually in cold air), boiled, or smoked. Fresh and dried bacon must be cooked before eating. Boiled and smoked bacon are ready to eat, but may be cooked further before eating.

Bacon is prepared from several different cuts of meat. In the United States, it is almost always prepared from pork belly. Elsewhere, it is more often made from side and back cuts, and bacon made from bellies is referred to as "streaky", "fatty", or "American style". The side cut has more meat and less fat than the belly. Bacon may be prepared from either of two distinct back cuts: fatback, which is almost pure fat, and pork loin, which is very lean. Bacon-cured pork loin is known as back bacon.

Bacon may be eaten smoked, boiled, fried, baked, or grilled, or used as a minor ingredient to flavor dishes. Bacon is also used for barding and larding roasts, especially game birds. The word is derived from the Old High German bacho, meaning "buttock", "ham" or "side of bacon", and cognate with the Old French bacon.

Thanks for sharing

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
10/30/09 12:15 a.m.

I happen to know that 29 year old computers don'[t eat bacon. As a result, they can't be trusted.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0helJIlFbGcW0BpwghP0u2fbO9u1M5Iq2rcWMcuUP4klUrAIBRyxo5lBJOG6aA2j