1 2 3
CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey HalfDork
10/19/09 9:27 a.m.

In her blog, she says she was trying to make a connection. If so, why was she passing through security again? Whenever I've made a domestic connection, I've never had to leave the area behind the security check.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 HalfDork
10/19/09 11:23 a.m.
CrackMonkey wrote: In her blog, she says she was trying to make a connection. If so, why was she passing through security again? Whenever I've made a domestic connection, I've never had to leave the area behind the security check.

The only reason I can think of is some airports have the smoking area outside the terminal which means you have to go back through security after your cancer stick.

PeteWW
PeteWW New Reader
10/19/09 2:43 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: But the truth is the TSA isn't needed and inconveniences people unnecessarily. As I said before...the best defense against terrorism is a bulletproof bulkhead door for the pilots and passengers willing to take out terrorists on any flight.

Quoted because of emphatic agreement.

I'll add that practices, procedures, and standards are inconsistent to the point where they appear arbitrary. Common sense is never considered. Two (trivial) personal examples:

Example one. Three months following the birth of our twin daughters, we flew to Canada to visit my wife's family. Jill made an unfortunate clothing choice that morning (wore a belt with a number of metal eyelets) that set off the metal detector as she passed through with infant A in her arms. Since she was unable to remove her belt while cradling the baby, Jill was taken to the side for a search. Meanwhile, I passed through with infant B. Jill was having trouble removing her shoes while holding infant A, so I took infant A from her. Uh oh. Now I had to be searched as well, despite my suggestion that I walk through the metal detector with both infants.

Example two. This summer we flew to Canada with our three children, ages 5 and 2. TSA in Houston had no problem allowing sippy cups for all three children. Security (non-TSA) had a hissy about the two older children having drinks, and gave my wife grief about the younger child's sippy: "How old is she?" "Two years." "How many months?" Holy crap.

Don't get me started on the stupid ziplock bags...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ekQnTTkl19oIz8hC2s7VXIyxXlouR1CZxgyD0jRJU0dWYcec6XJRHUjx9LfD1GxQ