NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/30/23 7:22 a.m.

I have been waiting for this movie to come out on some platform for over a year. The creator of the film is local to me and the brother of my wife's close friend. The trailer features someone in a GRM shirt, I am guessing they are an active member here. I just pre-ordered mine...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/hoopties/id1673784340?ls=1

Michaelellis
Michaelellis New Reader
9/4/23 2:59 a.m.

I've been eagerly anticipating this movie's release for over a year now. It's even more special for me because the creator is a local talent and happens to be the brother of my wife's close friend. The trailer looks intriguing, and I noticed someone wearing a GRM shirt in it; I have a feeling they might be an active member here! Just pre-ordered my copy, and I can't wait to see it! Thanks for the heads up. And on a side note, make sure to download PikaShow for iOS, it's a great way to enjoy all your favorite shows and movies!  MovieHoopties SupportLocalTalent

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/4/23 4:14 a.m.

Fantastic.

I am part of a team, sorta, we are dysfunctional and I travel for work a lot. 

In pure Lemons fashion, for our premier event, we fried our ECU finishing the roll cage and failed to get on the trailer. This was due to lack of communication and the battery was hooked up for the last welds.

Early 1990s VW GTI, cage (that we had to adjust), Billistiens, and a bit more for a legit $500. Used to be a short oval track car. I spent 1/2 the value on a Lexan windscreen (it was during covid so $$$). Badass brakes, good tires + we bought Yokohomas for the special event.

Don't want to win, but just turn laps.

BUT, man, the politics of a 4 person team. Honestly, if I could store the car, the team leader would be out. He was/is the main failure point of the team. Hope he makes it in October and does well, thens sells me the car.

berkeley I hate conflict and it's all he brought. I had two weeks on the car (due to trips) with an awesome fabricator (a guy that welded on Pastrana's cars) with me and he showed up for an hour.

"we're gonna run at the back of the pack and that's it". berkeley you...

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
11/10/23 10:38 a.m.

Reviving an older thread.  This is now on Amazon Prime.  Watched it last night.  I must admit I didn't realize the Farfromwinnin and Three Pedal Mafia teams were racing at different tracks until the rain came.  That threw me off for a moment.

-Rob

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
11/10/23 12:04 p.m.

Both teams were at both races, but they closely followed Tom's car at NJMP and closely followed us at Thompson. 

I'm Chris from Three Pedal Mafia, FYI.  It was fun working with the filmmakers on this, they really were just journalists documenting what was happening rather than trying to create any drama.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/10/23 12:12 p.m.
rob_lewis said:

Reviving an older thread.  This is now on Amazon Prime.  Watched it last night.

Watched it the other week.  Loved it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hjBNToDNwaltGHmoWJshU0m2krX6HHgwxKjpIVsXTJC2PZ1XeVfPrnhg4nmzq9ez