1 2 3 4
Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
10/15/19 8:17 a.m.

Very happy with the first two episodes. I am gearing up to be let down by the finale. There is no way to end this series that will satisfy all that it has promised through the story and acting. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/23/19 10:30 p.m.

Well I just finished the entire series...and I won't spoil anything, but yeah, I suspected a Gainax ending was coming from early on and fully expected one from Season 3, and that's what we got. The show led itself up to this rather than simply letting it T-bone an ongoing storyline, but it's still a big weirdo mindberkeley of an ending. Good series anyway, a few unanswered questions but no regrets.

Edit: Oh wait, what? There's one more episode to go? Interesting...

There's more big twists in the very last episode including the big one that's been hiding from the beginning of the series, I'd say it's too coherent to call a Gainax ending now.

pjbgravely
pjbgravely HalfDork
12/31/19 6:14 p.m.

The ending answered questions that I had. It also shows how much the writers researched what they were writing about. I have only seen 2 mistakes, one a pronunciation mistake, which in hind sight may have bee on purpose and I forgot the other one so it must not have been that bad. There are no huge mistakes like Hollywood does like having the sprinklers turn on with the fire alarm.

Of course the ending was completely different than I could imagine which is another reason I like the show so much. I hope Sam Esmail does just as well with BSG.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
1/2/20 12:20 p.m.

Well well. I found the finale to be perfect! heartlaugh

I want a nice balance of some loose threads and some wrapped up tight plots. The acting throughout the series is what sold me on it. Get some lessor actors into it and it would have failed as a series for me. Darlene behavior in the last three episodes solidified how well I took the finale. Her responses to everything made sense with the way it ended. It is a very interesting show start to finish. I give them the few episodes that I didn't feel but the rest were just simply great. 

It will go on my list of things to watch over sometime in the future.

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
1/2/20 1:34 p.m.

This series is on the list of possibles after we finish with "The Americans" which we are both digging.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LhtYsJ5XDDC7Ag4zik2aMQ9lWbspfQqbAKmYCXR0HdPZJptZjgDopQidd79Uc6AL