1 2 3 ... 14
aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
6/19/13 8:50 a.m.

My beautiful wife is currently undergoing her third open heart surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, on her birthday to add insult to injury.

She was born with a Congenital Defect and it was due for a tune up and valve job

I will post when I know something.

I wasn't sure whether to post anything in general but I always fall back to GRM for comfort and I need the distraction right now.

Thanks to those who knew and posted well wishes.

I am frantic right now.

Steve

RossD
RossD PowerDork
6/19/13 8:52 a.m.

She'll be fine!

Distraction? Have you seen the 'how to use a gopro camera' thread video?

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
6/19/13 8:55 a.m.

I feel for you. Been there.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
6/19/13 8:59 a.m.

Good Luck!

Duke
Duke PowerDork
6/19/13 9:04 a.m.

Man, there's nothing worse than waiting while something like this is going on to someone you love. My wife was having a big - but much less critical - procedure that went a couple hours longer than expected. I was freaking out in a big way.

Best of luck to you and best of medical science to her. She'll be fine!

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
6/19/13 9:05 a.m.

Good to talk to you yesterday brother. Thoughts and prayers and well wishes are with you guys.

Are they doing a 3 or 5 angle valve job? You guys go with titanium keepers too?

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/19/13 9:05 a.m.

We're all thinking of you 2. Go for a brisk walk if you can.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
6/19/13 9:06 a.m.

The doc is arguably the best in the world on this type of surgery, in one of the best facilities in the world.

But I am still scared E36 M3less

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/13 9:15 a.m.

Thoughts and prayers for both of you. Hope everything comes out for the best.

beans
beans Reader
6/19/13 9:16 a.m.

Good luck! My friend works for the Cleveland Clinic, I'll see if she knows anything about it.

Surgerys are rough, I have a friend that goes in about once a year because he continues to have issues with his noggin. Everytime I try to plan something with him, he usually never makes it because of intense headaches and the like.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/19/13 9:18 a.m.

Good Luck! My thoughts are with you!

Rob R.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
6/19/13 9:19 a.m.

She couldn't be in any better hospital for that, so she'll be fine Steve. Those folks really know their business. Spend your time figuring out what kind of flowers to have for her to wake up to. Since this is her 3rd go round you've probably got the recovery drill figured out. It will all work out.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/19/13 9:19 a.m.

Good luck. My thoughts are with y'all.

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
6/19/13 9:22 a.m.

Thinking of you and your wife!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
6/19/13 9:24 a.m.

Thoughts and prayers for both of you.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
6/19/13 9:25 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: The doc is arguably the best in the world on this type of surgery, in one of the best facilities in the world. But I am still scared E36 M3less

Rightfully so (being scared).

Good to hear that a heavyweight is the surgeon. Best wishes.

Jake
Jake Dork
6/19/13 9:28 a.m.

Thinking of you. My wife had brain surgery last year to correct a congenital defect of her own. I thought I was ready for it until they took her back to start the surgery. At that point I became kind of a wreck, like I imagine you’re doing now. Try not to dwell on “what if-“ she’s in good hands and the docs know what they are doing. Aim your thoughts at recovery and being there for her when she wakes up.

Very best wishes – I can relate. Post up when she’s out!

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Reader
6/19/13 9:38 a.m.

Thinking of both of you.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
6/19/13 9:48 a.m.

Looking forward to updates. All the best!

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/19/13 9:50 a.m.

Best wishes for a successful tuneup, a quick recovery, and that you don't chew your fingernails down past where your fingers start while you're waiting.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/13 9:51 a.m.

My thoughts and best wishes go out to you both. I am sending good vibes West!

cwh
cwh PowerDork
6/19/13 9:57 a.m.

I had kidney cancer surgery at Cleveland Clinic in Ft. Lauderdale.several years ago. The best hospital experience in my life. Great surgeons, great staff, great facilities. What started as a very scary thing worked out really well. You could not be in a better place for this. One thing that impressed me was that the entire staff seemed to be happy to be there. Great morale. Hang in there, she will need your support when it's all done.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
6/19/13 10:01 a.m.

1st update, chest open, heart exposed, not yet connected to the heart lung machine as they work through the old scar tissue from her past experiences.

Nothing unexpected so far

Staff have been fantastic

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
6/19/13 10:02 a.m.

My wife has only had minor outpatient stuff and it still freaks me out. Go find yourself a nice 300+ page build thread somewhere and crunch through it. Let the time wash away.
Wishing you all the best man.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
6/19/13 10:03 a.m.

wishing you guys he best

1 2 3 ... 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fvn8kuvsX6R9f5JGYDVATj0nlkIw7HrCkejRIxSKN7yYGv1WiBOa7PHNZrTO0s4S