1 ... 3 4 5 6
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/08 10:21 p.m.

what is scary.. there were at least a hundred of them.. and I am going to say about 90 of them were stuck in the 80s

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
7/29/08 11:54 p.m.

i still want a 3rd gen TA. T tops, pheonix decal, blearing " hear i go again"

mad_machine
7/30/08 12:48 a.m.

you scare me

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/30/08 2:56 a.m.

screaming chicken FTMFW and now i'm listening to here i go again. thank you neon4891

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
7/30/08 3:15 a.m.
neon4891 wrote: i still want a 3rd gen TA. T tops, pheonix decal, blearing " hear i go again"

Isn't that what Will Ferrell had in "Old School"? Same song when he was working on it too.

Luke
Luke Dork
7/30/08 3:19 a.m.

I think it's also what Kevin Spacey bought in 'American Beauty'.

In other useless Trans-Am trivia, Apu has one in The Simpsons.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
7/30/08 10:13 p.m.

or a G-body El Comino, that would also be cool.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
8/5/08 12:27 p.m.
Luke wrote: I think it's also what Kevin Spacey bought in 'American Beauty'. In other useless Trans-Am trivia, Apu has one in The Simpsons.

"His" was 2nd gen, I believe.

I own a third gen f-body and have recently become self-conscious about it. Good thing it hasn't run in almost 8 years...

I think the propper term for it is "clapped out" or maybe "wrung out."

Clem

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 Reader
8/5/08 12:32 p.m.

^Correct, second-gen.

And my dream american car.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
8/5/08 6:37 p.m.
Luke wrote: I think it's also what Kevin Spacey bought in 'American Beauty'. In other useless Trans-Am trivia, Apu has one in The Simpsons.

no one has mention that it's red, red ones go faster eny Ork knows that!

mad_machine
8/6/08 8:20 p.m.

My saab be Crackered out..

MurderedOutRides
MurderedOutRides
10/6/08 7:04 a.m.

For those who aren't in the know, the "murdered out" look is apparently what they're calling everything with black finishes nowadays. We're not talking your DIY garage flat-black rattle can jobs - this is an actual finish applied at a paint shop. Its also called as Flat Black paint job.

MurderedOutRides - murderedoutrides.com, murdered out, cars, trucks, bikes, vehicles, black, all black

walterj
walterj HalfDork
10/6/08 8:07 a.m.

Is this what they mean by 'Murdered Out'? I love it.

Because if so... I have been a murderer for years, painting everything from wheels to an entire E30 with a can of 1000F gas grill paint.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
10/6/08 11:33 a.m.

the B&W pics are good

70chevelle
70chevelle
12/18/13 9:46 a.m.

If I may opine on this topic, I believe the origin of this term came from "a murder of crows". A "murder" is a synoym for "flock", and crows being an all black species of bird it may be assumed this is where the phrase originated! Edgar Allan Poe used this phrase in his well known poem The Raven!

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/18/13 9:47 a.m.

O_O that's a helluva way to zombie a thread.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/18/13 9:52 a.m.

As a first ever post by a new member. I am suspecting a personal watercraft attack, but as I don't see it. He does have a car related name (70chevelle) I will raise periscope and monitor rather than report for sinking.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
12/18/13 9:56 a.m.

In reply to 70chevelle:

Just as relative:

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/18/13 10:01 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: In reply to 70chevelle: Just as relative:

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
12/18/13 10:01 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: As a first ever post by a new member. I am suspecting a personal watercraft attack, but as I don't see it. He does have a car related name (70chevelle) I will raise periscope and monitor rather than report for sinking.

That was the same thought I had.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/18/13 12:06 p.m.

It still stands as an unassailable fact that any use of the word "out" as a modifier like that indicatest hat teh speaker can be ignored.

Murdered out, tubbed out, study it out, etc.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/18/13 12:14 p.m.

wow.. holy zombie thread batman! this is going back 5 years

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/18/13 12:28 p.m.

I thought it was called that because a murder of crows is black.

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/18/13 12:41 p.m.

I thought it was called that because the type of people who would do that like to use words they think sound "badass".

Or perhaps it's because that's what any new owner would want to do to the PO as they struggle to get the tint off of windows and paint off of lenses and trim and so forth...

Wonder whether that empties my reservoir of judgment for the day...

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
12/18/13 12:47 p.m.
Knurled wrote: It still stands as an unassailable fact that any use of the word "out" as a modifier like that indicatest hat teh speaker can be ignored. Murdered out, tubbed out, study it out, etc.

Work it out....

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rDTNeTy8oVOAIvNaTPtvzYmalVembC0ONAhyqgnUczomCdAUyscskPYw4jPJU5Iy