Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
11/17/20 7:56 p.m.

I don't know if you guys are aware of this but at least the first season of the amazingly hilarious TV show known as Most extreme elimination challenge, or MXC is streaming on Amazon Prime video. I remember watching this when it was on TV back in the day, and it is still just as funny. I suggest you watch it if you have prime video. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/17/20 8:21 p.m.

I can't find it.  Maybe prime is different in Canada.

Kenny and Vic were my heros.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
11/17/20 8:47 p.m.

Rrright you are, Ken!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
11/17/20 9:01 p.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

I found the 2006 season free for viewing, other seasons are pay per view.  https://www.amazon.com/Meat-Handlers-Cartoon-Voice-Actors/dp/B08GCVZTB5/ref=sr_1_1?crid=217696ZS2TN2J&dchild=1

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
11/17/20 9:48 p.m.

Let's get it on!

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/18/20 12:52 a.m.

Don't get eliminated! 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
11/18/20 6:46 a.m.

My son came down from his bedroom the other night when I was watching it to ask me what was so funny. He sat down reluctantly to watch some of the show, and 2 minutes later he was laughing hysterically as well. The play by play is just so funny. I have no idea who the writers of the show are, or if it's just the voice actors riffing, but it's just so good. Actually looking back at it it, I'm a little surprised it aired on network TV back in the day.

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
11/18/20 6:58 a.m.

Lots of episodes on the internet via something called Dailymotion

Lest we not forget characters Guy LeDouche and Captain Tennel

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
11/18/20 7:47 a.m.

MXC was appointment viewing for my friends and I back in college. I sat down and watched one episode with the wife when it hit Prime. I was in tears laughing. I think it was the Meat Packers vs Cartoon Voice Actors.

The actual show, Takeshi's Castle, is a Japanese staple that had has been on since the mid-80's. They even made Nintendo Famicom (Japanese NES) games based on it!

That 2nd one with the "Family Trainer" logo on it was compatible with the Japanese version of the Nintendo Power Pad, the Family Trainer. Can you imagine playing a US version of that based on the MXC version on the ol' Power Pad in your living room back in the late 80's? That would have RULED.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/18/20 8:55 a.m.

DW bought me the first 3 or 4 seasons on DVD.  She's a keeper.

I need to pull them out again.  That show is freaking hilarious.  All American attempts to imitate it are pathetic.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/18/20 9:20 a.m.

The Japanese equivalent of Dodgeball.  So good.  Indeed Kenny, Indeed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fSv7485LqDlk3VN1XOL259txHK7oKD1AGcM3SqNMjKW3o8LrUT1Iw0xqKqkY5T68