RaabTheSaab
RaabTheSaab New Reader
5/14/21 8:28 a.m.

I thought this was too funny not to share. I didn't want to spam the main forum or for-sale forum, but it certainly jives with the general sentiment that F***book is a cesspool and possibly the literal worst classifieds ever created. Anyway, did you ever want to drop 2k on a car that was actually on fire? 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/14/21 1:32 p.m.

Was there gas in the trunk?

Vajingo
Vajingo HalfDork
5/14/21 2:00 p.m.

I'm telling you guys, investment opportunity is knocking. We create a for sale website marketplace. That is free. And you rid it of shiny happy people by only allowing people to post one item at a time. Once that item is sold or they remove it, they can list another item. That keeps the spammers, the businesses, the Chinese, and the flakes from ruining the experience.

Plus you make it so everyone Has to use their real, full name that is connected to the credit card on the account. But again, the account is free. Once it becomes big, you sell it off to Google for a wad of cash and walk away from it.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/14/21 2:17 p.m.

You realize I turned those asterisks into uck? I was going to answer your question with Hustler.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/14/21 2:42 p.m.

I clicked only because F*** book, which in sailor language means berkeley book, like crotch novel.

No real point in throwing kerosene on a fire if you're mot going to be near an extinguisher for months ....

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/14/21 2:44 p.m.

So I'm not the only one who read that differently. But I clicked anyway because either way the content was going to be fun.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/14/21 2:47 p.m.

It wasn't what I expected, but I'm still not surprised.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/14/21 3:00 p.m.

I didn't realize Michael was selling a BMW.  My guess is he was asking $6k and someone offered him $2k so... 

He lit it on fire and said, "okay, here's your $2k BMW!". Even went so far as to take pictures and make a FB posting. 

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/14/21 3:03 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Not it!!!

This time....

Im never going to live that down,  am i?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/14/21 3:07 p.m.

I love the story.  Further more, I respect the story! 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
5/14/21 3:14 p.m.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/14/21 3:53 p.m.

That's a great find

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JfJDXkzQWqOcyQPAQwYFbu2j2OLMOzMjVICVBNEeZMsVAO24EYBodawP5tgoT4b0