JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
4/2/13 10:51 p.m.

I've been talking for quite a bit about getting an enclosed trailer to haul cars. Well, that finally happened, and here it is:

I could not be a happier camper. Now I need to either finish the datsun or get the geo runnning again so I can go back to attending autocrosses.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
4/2/13 11:47 p.m.

Dang, that's a big 'un.

Looks nice.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
4/3/13 12:39 a.m.

Nice, well done

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
4/3/13 5:56 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: Dang, that's a big 'un.

Yup, 20', with enough room under the bench to store a set of race tires. Slight color differences in the paint reveal that it has been stickered up by prior owners who have used it as a race trailer, and as a lawn care trailer.

It should be able to pull my datsun or geo - or dad's AMX - with plenty of room inside. If I ever make it down to sebring for an HPDE I'll have room to sleep on a cot in the trailer without having to unload the car.

The interior already has fluorescent lights and 110v outlets. I still need to fit it with a winch.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/3/13 6:32 a.m.

Nice! I've slept in mine a bunch of times not to mention it gives you a place to get out of the rain. Adding a roof top A/C to mine is on my list for this spring.

octavious
octavious Reader
4/3/13 6:37 a.m.

It's bigger, and nicer than my first apartment...

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/3/13 6:51 a.m.

It's cleaner than my current house. Nice score.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
4/3/13 7:17 a.m.

I'm glad I wasn't the first to say that

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/3/13 7:18 a.m.

That looks exactly like mine except clean on the outside. Mine is 22' but same mfg, same door trim, etc... you will be happy with it. They pull nice and straight.

If you are dragging it with that wee little buggy you will want a weight distribution hitch with some anti-sway. The trailers themselves are pretty heavy - fully loaded with car, tools, weekend supplies and so on it can get a pretty good amount of mass behind you.

Those soft trucks pull fine (unless you have "highway" gearing) but need to spread the load across both vehicles to feel solid in strong wind or when you get freight trained by big rigs coming down a mountain pass.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
4/3/13 7:36 a.m.

Paint me jealous, can I ask what you paid for it?

Agree with GPS, I run anti sways on every trip that heavy wedge trailer is used.

photo IMG_0023.jpg

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
4/3/13 7:48 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Paint me jealous, can I ask what you paid for it?

PM sent.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/3/13 8:54 a.m.

I swear I saw that on the local CL boards within the past two days. Great score!

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
4/4/13 6:55 p.m.

now get something bigger than an Exploder to pull it..

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
4/4/13 7:45 p.m.

Nice dude!!!!! Jealous! Wait...I don't currently have a race car to put in it, or a truck to pull it with. Still! Jealous!

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
4/4/13 7:48 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: now get something bigger than an Exploder to pull it..

I think that's actually a Navigator...

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
4/4/13 7:58 p.m.

Best thing about an enclosed trailer? I've heard it's nobody 'flying formation' on your rear quarter panel for five miles yelling "..look, kids, it's a RACE CAR!" while you're trying to keep the stupid trailer behind you.

Eh, maybe I just didn't have enough power to pull the open one.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
4/4/13 9:40 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
novaderrik wrote: now get something bigger than an Exploder to pull it..
I think that's actually a Navigator...

You are correct. It is an entire six inches taller than an explorer.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
4/4/13 9:56 p.m.

Its nice to have a car trailer. Its nicer to have a mobile garage. Nice buy, there. I only wish...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wgTk8qkzC2RVpvxMWL52Q4meGWmXe1hOy15gmd72u3UDnq0hCsmB8UUnuw3Rqnz5