1 2 3
vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/14/12 2:11 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: combine RealMiniDriver and SpoolPigeon's suggestions to get "Sparky McFurryPants" That references the Scottish heritage and it will make ANYBODY smile.

Or laugh outloud as this did!

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
7/14/12 2:54 p.m.

MacDuff?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
7/14/12 3:00 p.m.

McNish

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/14/12 3:27 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: McNish

You will have to teach him how to do cart wheels on top of fences.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
7/14/12 3:31 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: McNish

that's a good one too

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
7/14/12 3:53 p.m.

I gotta go with McNish as well.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
7/14/12 4:35 p.m.

Or you could call him Dario...

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
7/14/12 4:49 p.m.

There are some good names and some shared surprises in here. I will review with The Mrs. when she gets home and give more comment then. In the meantime, keep 'em coming.
Thanks, John

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
7/14/12 5:17 p.m.

Conan - Scotts for "wee doggie"

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
7/14/12 5:27 p.m.

I had a Carin terrier named Lucky. He was raised by a german sheppard and seemed to have spent his first year and a half living under a deck. That dog was absolutely nuts. He would bark at anything including dust motes. He used to pick fights with other dogs and once had a golden retriever down on the ground with his teeth on his neck. I had to break that one up. Crazy dog. He got ran over by the mailman one day. Not hit, but ran over. Tire track on him and everything. He was fine. I would stay away from all terriers if I were to get another dog. They are cute and have a lot of personality though. I'm sure you will raise yours up right and not make him live under a deck with a german sheppard so that he is totally insane.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
7/14/12 5:42 p.m.

My Berner is named Gus

It's short for August Duesenberg.

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
7/14/12 6:52 p.m.

The name Angus has been mentioned many times but it seems so played out in the beef/cattle game with Black Angus Beef.

Would you believe it or not that our Vet has a Pomeranian Dog named Mr. Fluffer Nutter Fuzzy Pants (aka: Fluffy.)
I was amazed to see the reference here again. As my wife (the school teacher) was quick to point out, the name comes from a children's book series.
http://raynastpierre.blogspot.com/2012/07/nicknames.html
I like the concept but vetoed for having similar in our lives already.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/14/12 6:57 p.m.

Still lobbying for Madadh. The link I posted earlier says it is Gaelic for dog, and it's pronounced "mah dawg"....How can you go wrong with that?

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
7/14/12 6:58 p.m.

McDuff (Duffy) has been considered.
Other Mc names have been tossed around

When I googled up McNish to find more of the story, i pulled up another McNish. Harry McNish who went by the name of Chippy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_McNish

I like dog names that end in y-sound.
We have had a Louie, Mindy, Ellie. I also called Louie by the name of Buddy all the time. I will likely call this dog Buddy but it wont be his real name.

My wife liked Stewart but would not want people to call him Stewie.
Barney is high on the wife's list but you are not allowed to reference the purple dino.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
7/14/12 7:03 p.m.

Name him Stains..

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
7/14/12 7:32 p.m.

Damnit.... it works out so well.... "Damnit get in the house" "Damnit did you poop on the rug again?" and "Damnit where are you?"

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
7/14/12 7:42 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: When I googled up McNish to find more of the story, i pulled up another McNish. Harry McNish who went by the name of Chippy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_McNish

I was thinking of Allan when I tossed it out there. Google 'mcnish 24hrs'

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
7/14/12 7:55 p.m.

I knew you'all were talking about Allan it was just that I also came across a "Chippy"

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/14/12 8:23 p.m.

I rode around Mosport with Allan

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
7/14/12 9:28 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: and he's gonna need a cap

Then his name would be Brian Johnson.

If you call him Brian, don't let people confuse him with Brian from Family Guy.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/14/12 9:46 p.m.

"Annoying Customer" ?

akamcfly
akamcfly HalfDork
7/15/12 6:55 a.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Barney is high on the wife's list but you are not allowed to reference the purple dino.

Dammit - Dino was the purple dinosaur. Barney was Fred's neighbor...

What about a place name of somewhere you guys love/miss? My Kama is named after Kama Bay on Lake Superior.

Speaking of nicknames for dogs, Kama-loo, became booga-loo, became burger-loo because she's tubby like her dad.

jere
jere Reader
7/15/12 7:13 a.m.

Spot, fido, blackie or spike

Just make sure the dog's name doesn't have too many syllables so that the dog will actually remember it's name so Bartholomeus = dog not knowing its name and bart= dog knowing its name

Rover, dog, or humper

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
7/15/12 7:17 a.m.

The other purple dinosaur you nutcase.

egnorant
egnorant Dork
7/15/12 8:03 a.m.

Mac...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners