1 2 3 4
captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/10/21 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Wiggle worm is good, it means he's healthy. He'll become a long twisting wiggle worm soon. Definitely keep soaking up the cuddles. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/10/21 5:33 p.m.
ultraclyde said:

I found a nest with a riding mower once. This has a much happier ending. So far. 

I did that too, with a Gravely brush hog. Backed it out of the high grass and saw I had cut the roof off of a nest. Fortunately nobody was hurt and I saw who I assume was mama near a tree not too far away. Scooped up the little ones and delivered them to her safe and sound.

That day I learned that rabbits can chirp really loudly when they are in distress.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/21 8:35 p.m.

I'm getting daily bunny updates, so I'm going to share.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/11/21 2:12 p.m.

Growing like a weed.

Current status: grumpy because he got a bath

6/11/21 4:50 p.m.

Oh yeah, you're getting closer to the size where zoomies start. Start providing fruit options to see what is it's favorite, as soon bribery and rewards will be needed. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/12/21 11:17 a.m.

Friday update.  Bean tries his first carrot.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/12/21 11:19 a.m.

Took bun outside. He was TERRIFIED. Picked him up, he chowed a flower. Took him inside, back to calm and sleepy.

Oh! He had his first HOP last night. Until now he's just been crawling and wiggling around but last night he hopped and eeeeeeeeee

Baby animals make everyone teenage girls, apparently

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/12/21 11:45 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Baby animals make everyone teenage girls, apparently

Well... yeah... I mean...

Just look at his tiny ears!!!

6/12/21 3:54 p.m.

It's a BIG world out there to it. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/12/21 7:00 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS)
6/12/21 7:20 p.m.

OMG he is stretched out on my arm and suckling on it.

And he just got up and stretched his little bunny legs!  How do these people survive with this much cute?

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
6/12/21 8:55 p.m.

You are a fine human being.  That is all.   Thanks for caring for the bunny, we have several in our yard, I often see them in the early morning when I’m heading out to the car and I always chat with them.  #anotherteenagegirlfromGRM

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/12/21 9:05 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Sadly, it's my friends' bunny, I'm just the uncle who comes over and enjoys bunny for a while.

They also have a nineteen year old dachshund, a one year old (sorry, not ten months) goldendoodle oafus, and a nine year old cocker spaniel/pitbull mix who is both crazy jealous that i am not constantly snuggling her and giving her headnoogies because preoccupied with bunny, and motherly concern for the new member of the household.  Fortunately they all seem to recognize that bunny is family member and not toy, but strong caution is being taken.  

Milk coma bunny!

Concerned for the baby

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
6/12/21 9:16 p.m.

I'm not sure about baby bunnies but our vet told us to treat carrots like McDonalds french fries for the rabbits. OK as a treat but not the main thing on the menu. As boring as it seems and against everything I learned from Bugs Bunny, rabbits should eat Timothy Hay. I've been buying bails at the feed store for years. This guy can survive for a few weeks on a bag from the pet store.

Have you seen it yawn yet? More teeth than you think and oh so cute.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/12/21 9:19 p.m.

In reply to jgrewe :

He seems to prefer dandelions.  He was given a strawberry and he focused on the flower part, too.

No teeth yet, aside from little nubs.  

Bunny is asleep, doggo is happy to be getting her Pete time finally.

Did I mention that the A/C is broken?  Dense dog is a radiator.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/14/21 9:05 p.m.

I has a Shoulderbunny

He was roaming around on the couch and he HOPPED on me!  At least, he tried, his little legs aren't strong enough yet.  Then he crawled up on my shoulder and hung out a lot.

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/15/21 1:41 p.m.

He always takes a bath as a way of saying he's done eating.

He also loves being in hands, he gravitates to them.

Later they took him outside.  He was having none of it!  He munched a little on the grass but mostly stayed very still.

Getting wigglier by the day.  Hopped all over the couch before lunch like he owned the place 

Fell asleep eating grass. Flight risk outside 0%. Inside? Hold tight! Lmaoooo 

Also pictures of when he climbed down from my shoulder and fell asleep in my arm.  Right after I was told that he is old enough that he sleeps with his eyes open, I look down and am like, "um, his eyes are closed".  Then he streeeeetched and started dream-hopping.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
6/15/21 2:01 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

He loves to snuggle under shirts.  We've discovered that he also really likes boobs.

Ha!

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
6/15/21 6:13 p.m.

His Massachusetts cousin says hello, this was early this morning.  This one enjoys clover and is growing like a weed.  

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/18/21 11:47 a.m.

Bunny has a new enclosure much larger than this one now, and they liked my idea of getting him a wading pool so he can run around a bit more.

Bean has found his wiggles! He's like slippery soap.  And wants to be awake and attended to and runs amok

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/18/21 4:58 p.m.

Wide eyed outside now!

His weakness, incidentally, is bananas.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/18/21 5:12 p.m.

Nanobunny is the hero we need.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
6/18/21 5:39 p.m.

Sorry to thread jack, but I saw a nanomantis yesterday and it made me think of nanobunny!

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
6/18/21 7:17 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Wide eyed outside now!

His weakness, incidentally, is bananas.

He looks like he’s about the size of my buddy in the picture above when I first saw him about six or seven weeks ago.   Not surprised about the banana weakness.  My daughter has a guinea pig named Gordon and he’s very fond of bananas, baby carrots, blueberries and lettuce.    I’m usually the first one up and he’s always grateful for a generous handful of hay in the early AM. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/18/21 7:17 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Awesome!!!

Where I used to work, we'd see them every now and then.  One little guy (about 3" long) took station on the work bench next to my project bay, and every time I'd walk past he would bat at me like a kitten wanting to play.  It had iguana hand looking things.  I really wanted to bat back to see what it'd do, but insects are not "playful", he was probably figuring I was a really big lunch smiley

Mantises, especially, really punch above their weight.  They eat birds and snakes and other large things, and don't bother to try killing before eating, they just start chowing down on whatever they can get closest to their mouth.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pgsbWV0KC6cod8niutYynUE14AZ2tupzmbO6uFVrUKdf7gMnObWeveHWIkMcjH82