1 2
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/25/20 1:35 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Well Mr. Bradley locally decided to forgoe $600,000 and not go to Orlando to play, due to he doesn't want to bring Covid home to his son. 

With all the high numers in FL, be interesting to see what happens.

Completely understand his decision. But man is that a LOT of money to turn down. 

I wonder if this is going to stunt the competitive desire of some of the lower seeded teams, "We don't have a chance to win the title, we are away from our families and friends and familiar surroundings, let's just tank this and go home and enjoy the rest of the off season."

There are really only 3 teams with a legitimate shot at the title. 

Lakers, Clippers, Bucks. The Raptors won't be back to the Finals without Kahwi, the Phillies play very poorly on the road and Simmons can't shoot to save his life. The Celtics might make a run to the ECF with how Tatum and Brown have turned it on this season.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
6/25/20 1:37 p.m.
z31maniac said:
mr2s2000elise said:

Well Mr. Bradley locally decided to forgoe $600,000 and not go to Orlando to play, due to he doesn't want to bring Covid home to his son. 

With all the high numers in FL, be interesting to see what happens.

Completely understand his decision. But man is that a LOT of money to turn down. 

I wonder if this is going to stunt the competitive desire of some of the lower seeded teams, "We don't have a chance to win the title, we are away from our families and friends and familiar surroundings, let's just tank this and go home and enjoy the rest of the off season."

Bradley will be ok. He will lose 600k of his 9.8M. Unlike most NBA players, he lives VERY below his means, and probably has a savings rate north of 50% given what we see of him locally. I think he is making a very smart decision. 

I particularly don't care about the lower seeded teams, as we aren't one of them this year. 

My main concern is what happens to when your star player has covid, and has to sit down for 2 weeks? If we lose our star player, our ring change this year is gone. 

Also what happens when other teams best player sits down for two weeks? We don't want to win a ring with an asterisk like loser Greg Pop in 99. 

I rather have everybody healthy and give them a beatdown and earn our ring right way.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/25/20 2:41 p.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Hell even to me, at least internally, I put an * on the Raptors win last year. I think even if just Klay stayed healthy they still might have pulled it off. But if KD and Klay, healthy the entire series. 4-1 Warriors. I know injuries happen to every team, just would have been better to see a full strength battle.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
6/25/20 2:44 p.m.
z31maniac said:

Hell even to me, at least internally, I put an * on the Raptors win last year. I think even if just Klay stayed healthy they still might have pulled it off. But if KD and Klay, healthy the entire series. 4-1 Warriors. I know injuries happen to every team, just would have been better to see a full strength battle.

Agreed 100%. GSW gave it away, and it was theirs to win. Can't control health unfortunately. 

Used to love KD. But after him leaving GSW. Don't like him anymore. Hope he never wins a ring again in his life. He and his MVP mutha can go stuff it. I sound bitter. TIme to detail cars.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/25/20 3:19 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
z31maniac said:

Agreed 100%. GSW gave it away, and it was theirs to win. Can't control health unfortunately. 

Used to love KD. But after him leaving GSW. Don't like him anymore. Hope he never wins a ring again in his life. He and his MVP mutha can go stuff it. I sound bitter. TIme to detail cars.  

Don't worry. Most of us in OKC REALLY don't care for Durant. People still refer to him as "The Snake." 

At least PG had the class to ask behind closed doors for a trade and ensured we got a RICH trade package with a future multiple-time All-Star in SGA.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
6/25/20 3:34 p.m.

Agreed. Even though PG is from the local ghetto, I respect him a lot more for the way he handled his biz. 

Good to see, I have even more in common with you, in our dislike for Durant, in addition to all the cars etc. HAH! 

Chesepeake Energy and the Bennets - now THOSE are people I can't stand

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/25/20 3:40 p.m.

This year was a real surprise for us. Would have been interesting to see where we would have ended up had the season finished normally. We went from expecting to be a lottery team to fighting for Home court in the first round. CP3......what a pro he's been all year. 

It seems we are the only two on GRM that follow basketball!

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/25/20 3:40 p.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Also what happens when other teams best player sits down for two weeks? We don't want to win a ring with an asterisk like loser Greg Pop in 99. 

I rather have everybody healthy and give them a beatdown and earn our ring right way.

Why is Pops 99 ring an asterisk?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/25/20 3:41 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
mr2s2000elise said:

Why is Pops 99 ring an asterisk?

Lockout season, only 50 regular season games played.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
6/25/20 3:51 p.m.
z31maniac said:

This year was a real surprise for us. Would have been interesting to see where we would have ended up had the season finished normally. We went from expecting to be a lottery team to fighting for Home court in the first round. CP3......what a pro he's been all year. 

It seems we are the only two on GRM that follow basketball!

I think you guys really punched above your weight. I like the team. I miss the Ibaka, ugly kendrick perkins mug, and the collison days. Just was fun to watch. 

CP3 is AMAZING. Even though like Barkley will go down as a non winner. I wish scumbag Stern didn't veto the trade. We could have been winners with CP3

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/25/20 4:12 p.m.

I know. The "what if ownership had just given Harden the extra $6 million." And it wasn't even $6 million per year, just $6 million for the entire contract. 

We might have a few rings if they had kept that group together. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
6/25/20 4:19 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I will see Bennett in hell. At least he lived a better life than me.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/25/20 4:22 p.m.

Ha! But yeah, had CP3 ended up on the Lakers I suspect the Kobe and Pau would have got a few more.

The amount of knowledge and professionalism SGA is getting from him this season and probably next season are going to be invaluable as he continues to develop.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/29/21 8:01 a.m.

necro astroturfing canoe

I feel like this thread is best left in it's current state; and thus I'm locking it.

1 2

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
JUHJ7YLiZMaDNPCReIW33IRhE5FwURPZvtSRnhhy7HCc6CxzJ3Ovz7URrcvFMiLb