1 2
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/16/21 1:52 p.m.

I like the look of the big ladder unit.  Sadly, not close to you.  Could be heavy

The $350 unit is all aluminum.  Seems to be a $900 retail new w/ options.  For another $350 you can add an aluminum ladder to the back door of the van.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/16/21 3:07 p.m.

I messaged the $350 guy.  Not sure if he'll get the message.  The ad says "call Red at [hidden information]" so he probably put his phone number in not knowing FB would censor it.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/21 9:19 a.m.
ProDarwin said:

Whats the budget here? 

I used to design mobile command centers, all of which have a robust walkable roof rack.  Many of the small ones are van-based (and share a lot of components with news vans).  If you have the ability to fab yourself, Grip Strut is the best roof decking material.  

Stuff like this:  

This stuff is evil. We have it on the firetrucks.

It will grab the soles of your boots and not let go, which can be particularly troublesome when your stepping down from a high seat with an extra 70 pounds of gear on. And don't you dare try to pivot on the balls of your feet. Think knee replacement.

It's also really good at tearing your clothes, as well as the back of your hand.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ERHOwLaShean7gaZqXpz5jGKGgCk6GZ8PSSZ5Bi49ZrthXUyvHWI2rOqTCBsvciu