914Driver
914Driver Dork
2/21/09 8:45 a.m.

May not be new, but today is the first time I saw it.

Kit Car TV or something. They tore up a Boxster, stretched it 12 inches and are putting on some kind of plastic body. I'm not into kit cars that much, but I hope the show lasts just to cut down on the Nascrap.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/kit-an-autobody-experience/

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
2/21/09 9:35 a.m.

I clicked over to see when the next show was. I read the concept for the show but then I read

"Monday’s Program Highlights - review of the Daytona 500 - review of Camping World Truck Series and Nationwide Series from Daytona - preview of California, one of NASCAR’s fastest tracks - profile of drivers earning their first career win at California - answer viewer emails "

I'm hoping that means Monday's Nascar highlights and not the highlights of this show, but it appears as if that's the hightlights of this show.

YaNi
YaNi New Reader
2/21/09 9:22 p.m.

While watching Kit Car they were showing commercials for another show. PIMP MY RIDE IS BACK E36 M3

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/21/09 9:36 p.m.
YaNi wrote: While watching Kit Car they were showing commercials for another show. PIMP MY RIDE IS BACK E36 M3

Yeah dawg! Maybe they'll do some murdered out whips, that'd be straight gangsta.

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
2/21/09 10:34 p.m.
YaNi wrote: While watching Kit Car they were showing commercials for another show. PIMP MY RIDE IS BACK E36 M3

We you saying that in a positive way?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
2/22/09 12:37 a.m.
914Driver wrote: May not be new, but today is the first time I saw it. Kit Car TV or something. They tore up a Boxster, stretched it 12 inches and are putting on some kind of plastic body. I'm not into kit cars that much, but I hope the show lasts just to cut down on the Nascrap. http://www.speedtv.com/programs/kit-an-autobody-experience/

Kind of odd to take a nice car and put a kit body over it. Usually you take a crappy car and put a (theoretically) nicer kit body over it. Seems like odd logic.

I'll watch...

92dxman
92dxman Reader
2/22/09 1:15 a.m.

The new subtle touch to Pimp My Ride now is at the end when people used to 'Thanks Mtv for pimping my ride!' Now it is, 'Thanks .... for pimping my ride!' Mtv is blanked out like a dirty word now..

914Driver
914Driver Dork
2/22/09 8:16 a.m.

Watch, but don't expect to see safety glasses anywhere.

It's my "people are idiots" pet peeve.

vazbmw
vazbmw New Reader
2/22/09 8:48 a.m.

So speed thinks its audience is interesting in Pimp'd rides? Speed should = fast. How fast or these pimp'd rides, with 46 tvs and a microwave oven? If I wanted to see a pimp'd ride I would have watched it on MTV

jde
jde Reader
2/22/09 4:13 p.m.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
2/23/09 4:09 p.m.

I saw the last half of it. I bet the Porsche lawyers are crapping in their pants.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oycGVSnEGlm5Kh2B7CpaghNeQ28fAngEQpIRuKgwdYt1m7ISMe7Iy0dx7MlTjzsD