1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
12/2/14 8:25 p.m.

Wayslow, we must hang out at the same places. :-)

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/2/14 8:29 p.m.

In a way, it also brings up the subject of when platform stilettos - you know, "stripper shoes" - became acceptable fashion?

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/2/14 8:33 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: In reply to mndsm: Which is fine and all, but reverse the roles. Remember when you were 17 and dressed all fly for the ladies? (I sure dressed fly) If a 17 year old girl checked you out it was awesome. If a hot 22 year old girl checked you out it was even better! But if a 40 year old woman gave you the old up down eye sweep, she was a creepy old bag. The world is pretty much as it's always been, it's just our place in it that changes.

Valid point. And the scary thing is, I am rapidly approaching that 40 year old. Guess its good I wear sunglasses nearly constantly due to light sensitivity. I guess I never dressed fly tho. I'm actually fairly glad most of my high school photos have Beem destroyed.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
12/2/14 8:42 p.m.

I can't even imagine checking out a 17-year old. Cripes, pretty much anything under 35, really.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/14 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Lesley:

Guys just aren't wired that way. Probably why we die first.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/2/14 9:10 p.m.
Lesley wrote: I can't even imagine checking out a 17-year old. Cripes, pretty much anything under 35, really.

Its a lot easier to tell a 17 year old guy from a 17 year old girl. Half the time i think she's 23 til my wife corrects me.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/2/14 9:12 p.m.
Ian F wrote: In a way, it also brings up the subject of when platform stilettos - you know, "stripper shoes" - became acceptable fashion?

They still haven't, and never will.

Lesley, I live in a college town. Ain't no way I'm not looking as I drive through; I'm just not braking and doing the swivel head.

Doesn't help that any one of about half of those young women could be my daughter...

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
12/2/14 9:12 p.m.
Wayslow wrote: Maybe it's because I've spent far too many weekends surrounded by girls dressed like this while carrying crops that I've become a bit immune to the whole leggings thing.

There is a huge difference between jodhpurs and a riding jacket and the kind of leggings I am talking about. Ladies who ride horses aren't exposing the outline of their genitals for the crowd, at least not those I have seen. A hint of shape is nice, no argument, but a living mold of a vagina crosses a line I think.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/2/14 10:49 p.m.

If a woman tells you she's twenty and looks sixteen, she's twelve.

If she tells you she's twenty-six and looks twenty-six, she's damn near forty.

-Chris Rock

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
12/3/14 7:33 a.m.
mattmacklind wrote:
Wayslow wrote: Maybe it's because I've spent far too many weekends surrounded by girls dressed like this while carrying crops that I've become a bit immune to the whole leggings thing.
There is a huge difference between jodhpurs and a riding jacket and the kind of leggings I am talking about. Ladies who ride horses aren't exposing the outline of their genitals for the crowd, at least not those I have seen. A hint of shape is nice, no argument, but a living mold of a vagina crosses a line I think.

a solution for YOU .. (and you only … LOL)

don't look

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
12/3/14 7:37 a.m.
Wally wrote: In reply to 914Driver: So I should stop wearing my yoga pants outside?

pics, or we'll think you're just a troll

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/3/14 7:49 a.m.
Duke wrote:
Ian F wrote: In a way, it also brings up the subject of when platform stilettos - you know, "stripper shoes" - became acceptable fashion?
They still haven't, and never will.

Well, they sure as hell seem to be around here. There's a young (mid-20's) engineer in my office who wears them from time to time - about a 2" platform and a 6" heel. We had another PM who wore them as well, although she was under 5' so you didn't really notice them.

In truth, I don't really care, but they just look really uncomfortable and I can't understand why any woman would willingly chose to wear them.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/3/14 8:21 a.m.

http://m.imgur.com/kI8B6ki

I just thought every day was dress like Han solo day.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
12/3/14 8:31 a.m.

This is my three year old. He picked these pants. Is this inappropriate?

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
12/3/14 9:33 a.m.

I shall avoid any right/wrong on the topic, but I'm just glad that working in a collage town that most of the young women wearing those don't have me reaching for the eye bleach afterwards.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/3/14 9:33 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: http://m.imgur.com/kI8B6ki I just thought every day was dress like Han solo day.

It's absolutely astonishing to me how conformist people are at that 18-24 age range. It can make a bunch of 60-year-old Republicans look like the Venice boardwalk. Living in a college town, I've watched it for decades now.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/3/14 9:56 a.m.

The only thing I find odd is that the OP seems to think this started about a year ago. I’d say it’s been going on for at least 5-6 years around here. The great thing is seeing the 30-50 YO ‘$100,000 trophy wives’ in them, they seem to be the official uniform along with body hugging Under Amour tops, now winter is here the form fitting black North Face long winter jacket is a requirement too. Note the ‘$100,000 trophy wives’ comment isn’t as bad as it sounds. It’s just a standing joke between me and my wife. She calls me a dirty old man, I insist I’m a dirty not yet old man. But that look is very popular around here for the women who go to yoga 3 times a week, have a personal trainer at the club, tennis on Tuesdays and a surgeon for those pesky bits that won’t conform to the training. Honestly around here there are some stunning middle aged women, younger women girls seem to have moved on from this look a while ago. The biggest travesty seems to be that this look is starting to fade with the mommy set too. Worse than that is that the single lowest point of the 80’s fashion seems to be making a comeback, high wasted jeans!!! The horror. I’m sorry but jeans where the waste comes half way up your back just don’t look good on anything and aren’t appropriate for any time or place except a comedy skit about rednecks living in trailers.

Damn I’m sounding more and more like a male chauvinist pig here the last couple of days. For once I wish my wife would come and read this forum and tell the world that I’m really not an shiny happy person.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/3/14 10:02 a.m.

Actually the one thing I really find objectionable is not leggings, but people who let their high school daughters either a)go out wearing those trashy shorts with a message written across their back side which is designed to make you look at them or b) even worse let their teen daughters dress in almost nonexistent two piece bikini’s and jump up and down at the side of the road advertising a high school car wash. Non-negotiable for either of my daughters. In a fun twist when my eldest was in middle school and they did a car wash the girls wore shorts and T shirts that covered the midriff. The boys went to the drama department and all dressed in drag and did the sign waving. That was hilarious.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/14 10:17 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Worse than that is that the single lowest point of the 80’s fashion seems to be making a comeback, high wasted jeans!!! The horror. I’m sorry but jeans where the waste comes half way up your back just don’t look good on anything and aren’t appropriate for any time or place except a comedy skit about rednecks living in trailers.

High-waisted jeans may be the low point of fashion in the entire 20th century.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
12/3/14 12:21 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Worse than that is that the single lowest point of the 80’s fashion seems to be making a comeback, high wasted jeans!!! The horror. I’m sorry but jeans where the waste comes half way up your back just don’t look good on anything and aren’t appropriate for any time or place except a comedy skit about rednecks living in trailers.

Really? I submit this for the worst.

High waisted jeans show off a nice figure pretty well.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/14 12:30 p.m.

Leggins are one thing, and even Yoga pants and tights. I object to the girls who wear pantyhose as pants. I am talking thin, sheer, see-though stockings without a skirt or shorts or anything. It doen't look like fashion...it looks like you were too stupid to remember to put on your pants.

My daughter is 15 so I am of course hoping for the comeback of this look:

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
12/3/14 12:56 p.m.
Ditchdigger wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote:
Really? I submit this for the worst. High waisted jeans show off a nice figure pretty well.

I'm with you. As long as it's a reasonable distance from your armpits, the exact height of the waist is less important than the overall flattering line. Waistline too low looks every bit as bad as too high, even ignoring the "sag and drag" prison-bait look.

PHeller
PHeller PowerDork
12/3/14 1:10 p.m.

Yea if I had kids I'd be far happier to see my son or daughter in tight pants versus baggy saggy pants and shirts.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/3/14 1:12 p.m.

I think this thread has got a bit off subject. We are talking about yoga pants. Not jeans. See how inappropriate these are? I suggest we photograph all offenders and post them here to publicly shame them for this transgression. Gifs would also be fine.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
12/3/14 1:16 p.m.

So at lunch in the food court I kept an eye out and noticed five young women wearing black tights as pants. Three had long sweaters or shirt tails that covered their bums, two had shirts that stopped at their waists. Of those two, one girl was super conscientious about holding her purse in front of her crotch as she walked around, the other was giving glowering looks to people she caught looking down at her butt.
If you don't want the attention, wear something that covers your bits.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dJjfoC6MNRwakgi82PMlaRgXt5PwjcknRP2NjenaE3eCQQvdRnRR8DAwRqt0gL68