1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
12/6/18 9:37 a.m.
stroker said:

This fashion trend appears to have run its course....

Dammit.

I still see it a lot. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster, allah, god, Buddha, whatever...  I certainly don’t mind. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/6/18 12:00 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

I want to know how the MX-3 project is coming along. This thread is full of a lot of posters who are no longer with us :( 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
12/6/18 1:01 p.m.
captdownshift said:

I want to know how the MX-3 project is coming along. This thread is full of a lot of posters who are no longer with us :( 

Yup.  I know the feeling.  I came across the build thread for Curmudgeon's GT6 project.  In the last post, he thanked me for a part I had sent him, which I had not seen before.  He passed a couple of weeks after he posted that.      

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
12/6/18 1:15 p.m.
joey48442 said:
stroker said:

This fashion trend appears to have run its course....

Dammit.

I still see it a lot. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster, allah, god, Buddha, whatever...  I certainly don’t mind. 

You haven't been to Orlando recently. Jesus. 

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/6/18 1:34 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

But would you be wearing leggings?

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
12/6/18 1:40 p.m.
captdownshift said:

I was just thinking that when I saw WB Jones' posts. He was one of the few GRM forum folks I saw in person regularly and SWMBO knew him as related to another recent post.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/18 1:48 p.m.
Cooter said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

But would you be wearing leggings?

D'oh, meant to post to hotlink thread, I wondered where that went...

Cooter
Cooter Dork
12/6/18 2:07 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Still doesn't answer the question.  I'm guessing "no"?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/6/18 2:11 p.m.

Nope, baggy clothes all day every day, no point showing off how potato-shaped I am cheeky

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
12/7/18 4:59 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

I miss Lesley. 

Me too.  Whatever happened to her? Please don't feel slighted Marjorie, I appreciate your presence here.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
12/7/18 7:15 p.m.

I almost spit out my drink earlier this semester when I spotted someone in the college cafeteria wearing skin-tone leggings. I bet I wasn't the only one who did a double-take.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
12/7/18 8:04 p.m.
G_Body_Man said:

I almost spit out my drink earlier this semester when I spotted someone in the college cafeteria wearing skin-tone leggings. I bet I wasn't the only one who did a double-take.

Same thing happened to me yesterday at the airport in TCI. This specimen was closing in on sixty.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/7/18 8:06 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man :

Or almost spurted something out. 

compressiongear
compressiongear New Spammer
1/28/20 9:53 p.m.

"They were initially made of a mix of nylon and Lycra; more specialized fabrics have been introduced to provide moisture-wicking, [Canoe Skins], and odor reduction."

03Panther
03Panther Reader
1/28/20 10:37 p.m.

Just read through all of this... and nobody ever reminded anyone   "don't forget - spandex is a privilege, not a right !"

stroker
stroker UltraDork
1/29/20 5:46 a.m.

I may have spoken too soon.  The servers at the restaurant I now work at still wear them.

And I'm stuck in the back.

sad

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/29/20 6:06 a.m.

Just to add a data point here, I usually wear under armor type tights under my motorcycle leathers to help with wicking and cleanliness and getting them on/off. I went to get them on Sunday and they were in the wash. My wife says "wear these" and handed me a set of her tights. She doesn't personally wear them as pants outside the house, but they are identical to what we're discussing here. They were fabulous.  So much nicer than my regular stretchy under layer. I'm now firmly in the "men should be socially allowed to wear yoga pants/tights in public" camp. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/29/20 6:37 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I just got a mental image of you in yoga pants. Thanks for making my morning worse than it was. 

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/29/20 6:49 a.m.

Is it wrong for me to re-read this thread and be disappointed at  how many pictures have vanished?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
1/29/20 7:03 a.m.

Hilarious.  Just promise if you ever do stop by the Detroit Metro area for a GTG on your way to or from the UP each year, please don't demonstrate your new found passion for ladies tights to us.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/29/20 7:16 a.m.

Is it like wearing nothing at all?

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/29/20 7:21 a.m.
SVreX said:

Is it wrong for me to re-read this thread and be disappointed at  how many pictures have vanished?

Is it wrong for me to not care if it's wrong?

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/29/20 7:36 a.m.

Yoga pants would make good long underwear for men engaged in outdoor activities in cold weather.  Different thicknesses for different temperatures.

As for women, some can get away with just about anything, and look great, others should stick to a Hawaiian muumuu.  I don't what to see Rosie O'Donnel in yoga pants but Jennifer Lawrence, sure. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
1/29/20 7:39 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Is it like wearing nothing at all?

Seth as Flanders......hmm, I can see it.

(I'm trying not to but the mental image is there.)

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/29/20 7:51 a.m.
Stampie said:

I just got a mental image of you in yoga pants. Thanks for making my morning worse than it was. 

I'm a cyclist, so inappropriately tight fitting outerwear goes with the territory. Especially when road riding (on a mtn bike, I usually wear baggy shorts for the pockets).  The chamois tends to hide "things", but at this point in my life, I've definitely entered the "MAMIL" * stage.  But for better or worse, a side affect of aging is a general "DGAF" attitude regarding how people see me.

*(a euphemism in the cycling-crazed UK for "Middle Aged Men In Lycra" - usually somewhat overweight)

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CT8sibWL0sMryCQxLRujY2pMZp5Cc2fl9zfOKAQenoZLUn3HcG4ybM7WTGBsvLXM