1 2 3 4
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/15/21 6:54 p.m.

We have been fooled by trailers before, but it looks like they have returned to what wins.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/15/21 7:01 p.m.

In.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/15/21 7:06 p.m.

Looks excellent !!!

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/15/21 7:09 p.m.

I'll watch it yes

Mr_Asa
7/15/21 7:25 p.m.

BTW, legitimately impressed they got a Caddy with the bumper fillers intact.  Every one I have ever seen has looked like this

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Reader
7/15/21 8:43 p.m.

finally, very stoked

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
7/16/21 6:46 a.m.

Meh. Give me Clarkson's Farm. They killed the GT brand by putting out sucky stuff in the beginning then putting out......nothing for the next few years. Just teasers for episodes and seasons that never were. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/16/21 6:58 a.m.

It looks pretty good to me.  I laughed at Clarkson going to ramming speed behind May on the floating bridge.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/16/21 7:01 a.m.
DrBoost said:

Meh. Give me Clarkson's Farm. They killed the GT brand by putting out sucky stuff in the beginning then putting out......nothing for the next few years. Just teasers for episodes and seasons that never were. 

I really hope they do more of Clarkson's Farm. Yes, it had his normal "....in the world" type schtick, but it was really interesting. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/16/21 7:55 a.m.

Hell yeah. Excited to see the Mark V. To me, those are the epitome of late 70s American land barges.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/21 10:42 a.m.

I was laughing at the trailer for sure. Wasn't Clarkson buried under scandal after scandal though? 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/16/21 10:43 a.m.

Is that a boat tail Rivi?   Those are pretty pricey these days aren't they?

I am not sure about the later ones, but the early Rivis where actually pretty sporty (for a big car of course).  Kind of the M5 of their day.

Mr_Asa
7/16/21 10:55 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Wasn't Clarkson buried under scandal after scandal though? 

Not that I've heard recently.  His farm got him a little scolding from his home town.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/16/21 11:00 a.m.

Mr_Asa, you've made my day!!!!!

Happy Dance GIFs | Tenor

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/21 11:10 a.m.

We can have both GT and Clarkson's Farm. It's still much better than most of the dross out there.

I don't think GT ever put out a teaser for something that didn't eventually happen. But they've evolved it and there have been a few missteps. Took Top Gear a few seasons to figure it out, and there were always a few clunkers. I'll watch anything the boys put out.

Except for that desert island Hammond thing. That was a mistake.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/16/21 11:30 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I got half way through the first episode of that desert island thing and turned it off...kind of like how you'd be inclined to look away if a good friend was making a fool of himself.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/16/21 11:46 a.m.
z31maniac said:
DrBoost said:

I really hope they do more of Clarkson's Farm. Yes, it had his normal "....in the world" type schtick, but it was really interesting. 

Drive tribe, the social media/forum/Reddit knockoff the trio started shortly after the BBC ousting confirmed a season 2 from the record viewership. How long that will take to play out is anyone's guess though. 

I for one much prefer the big specials, even if it means we're only getting 5-8 hours of new content each year. It feels more "toury" to me, and the specials were some of my favorite and most memorable top gear episodes. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/16/21 2:12 p.m.

I watched the first episode of Clarkson's Farm and it didn't do much for me, but maybe I should give it another chance.

Keith Tanner
7/16/21 2:57 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

It definitely gets better. You can see him start to take it more and more seriously, which I think is part of the appeal. It's not just a lark. The sheep episode is probably a highlight.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
7/16/21 3:28 p.m.

I just read that Amazon canceled CF series 2. Can't confirm though. 

Keith Tanner
7/16/21 3:47 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

There were some reports of Series 2 before there was actually a Series 2 signed up. Clarkson made that pretty clear. Instead of saying "whoops, we jumped the gun" it's easier to say "CANCELED!"

Jeremy Clarkson himself on July 1:
Dear everyone. There has been some speculation that a second series of our farming programme has been commissioned. It hasn’t but we are hopeful.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/16/21 3:56 p.m.
DrBoost said:

I just read that Amazon canceled CF series 2. Can't confirm though. 

Just did a quick search. It appears that it hasn't been canceled, but it also hasn't been renewed for Season 2 as of yet. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/16/21 3:58 p.m.

With the viewership and good reviews CF is getting, Amazon would be fools not to bring it back.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/16/21 3:58 p.m.

No way that Amazon wouldn't green light it. The reviews are stellar, and that is supported int real life anecdotes as well. Everyone that I've talked to - from farmers who own a Massey to people living in a Chicago high rise - all agree that it is really good. 

If it doesn't happen, it's because Clarkson doesn't want to do it, or can't do it. My initial thought was that it would grow old quickly, there seemed to be only the 8 episodes of material there, but there is still a lot of material available - pigs, cows, ducks, horses, Jeremy tries growing hops and making his own beer...

Keith Tanner
7/16/21 4:28 p.m.

It could be that it was a bigger hit than expected. Maybe they're still hashing out details. The first season started filming in October with planting the winter wheat, do I remember that right? It's currently a little late in the year to be bringing on new livestock from what I understand of the whole thing.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xDKVHoVOtuWEZFTkN50mciUMyb91oOyO9vQGSxMKDgUHYkP8osDxvHnm3ZP68GtM