1 2
DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
11/8/11 1:08 p.m.

As told in the local-to-Canton Clarion Ledger

failboat
failboat HalfDork
11/8/11 1:18 p.m.

hmm wasnt sure if they were going to make passenger versions of these, i have only seen 1 cargo version on the road

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
11/8/11 1:26 p.m.

Ohhhh. I've been looking at those for a while in the contractor trim. Passenger looks even better.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
11/8/11 1:31 p.m.

Looks like an awfully high floor, and even higher seats, with a relatively low ceiling. Not sure what they were thinking with that.
There's a reason so many Sprinters are out there...

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
11/8/11 1:34 p.m.

They do have the tall-roof version, I'd wonder why not offer that as an option. I know they're working on a turbo-diesel for the Titan in '13 or so, so this might get one down the road.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/8/11 1:39 p.m.

Seriously, what is in that 2 feet between the inside floor and the bottom of the van? Secret compartment? Drug mule stuff?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/8/11 1:57 p.m.

Frame and gas tank would be my guess. It does look like a dumb design decision. The van is still cool though (4 rows!).

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
11/8/11 2:00 p.m.

Space for a battery pack for an electric version?

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
11/8/11 2:55 p.m.

Autoblog has more, and more pics too.

I can't see how a rear-view mirror is useful in that van. Otherwise, I'd take mine in black.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/8/11 3:07 p.m.

I saw my first one of those on the road the other day. Damn them'r HUGE!

alex
alex SuperDork
11/8/11 3:19 p.m.

The high roof models are really homely looking vehicles.

Sprinters should be getting cheap soon, right?

EvanR
EvanR Reader
11/8/11 5:14 p.m.

Before the invention of the van as we know it, there was something called a "Panel Delivery".

Pretty much a Suburban without side glass. That's what this is. Bit of a throwback, but a way for Nissan to use up excess production capacity at the Titan plant. I've been eyeballing the high-roof cargo version for an RV conversion.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc Reader
11/8/11 6:20 p.m.

That NV should make for a really good conversion van.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
11/8/11 6:31 p.m.

NV200 coming Stateside. Planned Transit fighter. More choices for us, looks like.

(Euro model shown)

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 New Reader
11/8/11 7:08 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I saw my first one of those on the road the other day. Damn them'r HUGE!

I parked my '03 GMC Savannah 3500 15 pass next to one the other day.....they're not that huge compaired to mine LOL!

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
11/8/11 8:52 p.m.

I call those tall ones "Muffin Tops". It's got a "mother-love" sort of face. I like the contractor special, the built in shelves are pretty cool. I drove one of those around Miami for a day, picked up a bunch of stuff from Lowes and delivered it to the Habitat for Humanity warehouse, as part of a test drive. Easy to drive for such a big bugger. http://www.417nissan.com/en/roadtest/article,Nissan.spy?artid=127735&pg=2

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
11/8/11 8:56 p.m.
64chrysler300 wrote:
mndsm wrote: I saw my first one of those on the road the other day. Damn them'r HUGE!
I parked my '03 GMC Savannah 3500 15 pass next to one the other day.....they're not that huge compaired to mine LOL!

well yeah, don't you need a bus license to drive one of those beasts?

64chrysler300
64chrysler300 New Reader
11/8/11 10:26 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
64chrysler300 wrote:
well yeah, don't you need a bus license to drive one of those beasts?

Only if a certain number of passengers aren't imediate family. I usually have the 4th row seat out for cargo/kid crap haulage. Take all the seats out and there's room for two 1/4 midgets + spare parts :)

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/9/11 5:08 a.m.

I'd love something like this for a family road trip!

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
11/9/11 9:41 a.m.

Just saw a roadtest on MotorWeek this past weekend featuring an EMPTY NV2500 with the 6 cylinder engine. It got 16.7 MPG in their testing, so I would imagine a loaded passenger NV3500 would be in the range of 12-14 MPG?

At least they look better than a Sprinter, and don't look (at least not the NON-extended roof versions) like you are driving an old airport shuttle bus.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave Reader
11/9/11 11:45 a.m.

I would love to see one along the lines of this:

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
11/9/11 1:59 p.m.

I looked at them, but they're about $5K more than the new Chevy Express van I bought.
Quite pleased with the Chevy.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/9/11 3:45 p.m.

I am going to hazard a guess that the seats fold away into the floor like the caravan? That might explain why there is so much "floor"

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
1/2/12 9:12 a.m.

saw some of these at Enterprise Rent a Car. great indication they'll show up affordably as a used truck in a year or so.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
1/2/12 9:16 a.m.
DustoffDave wrote: I would love to see one along the lines of this:

SO MUCH WANT.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vzHqNPj8BmKVrNSbdGE5Qd86QXMPLMZX9Hjf3lZrDpaxLytrIgIBVlxKIhaS9r9o