BBsGarage
BBsGarage Reader
6/5/08 2:11 p.m.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080530/od_nm/closet_odd_dc;_ylt=AsW6JPFlnltfpGeBneT_S6sSH9EA

TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese man who was mystified when food kept disappearing from his kitchen, set up a hidden camera and found an unknown woman living secretly in his closet, Japanese media said Friday.

The 57-year-old unemployed man of Fukuoka in southern Japan called police Wednesday when the camera sent pictures to his mobile phone of an intruder in his home while he was out on Wednesday, the Asahi newspaper said on its Website.

Officers rushed to the house and found a 58-year-old unemployed woman hiding in an unused closet, where she had secreted a mattress and plastic drink bottles, the Asahi said. Police suspect she may have been there for several months, the paper said.

"I didn't have anywhere to live," the Nikkan Sports tabloid quoted the woman as telling police.

Local police confirmed that they had arrested a woman for trespassing, but would not comment further on the case.

(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by David Fox)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/08 1:10 p.m.
BBsGarage wrote: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080530/od_nm/closet_odd_dc;_ylt=AsW6JPFlnltfpGeBneT_S6sSH9EA TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese man who was mystified when food kept disappearing from his kitchen, set up a hidden camera and found an unknown woman living secretly in his closet, Japanese media said Friday.

When I read that, my first thought was "Is she hot?"

Yeah don't act like that's not what you thought.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
6/6/08 2:00 p.m.
a 58-year-old unemployed woman
The 57-year-old unemployed man

If this dude just listened to some Al Green every once in a while, everybody would've been happy. BTW, are the Japanese so technilogically advanced now that even the unemployed can just poop out video surveilance systems? Seriously.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
6/6/08 2:17 p.m.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, I've got a few friends that live in Tokyo, and pretty much all of the apartments there are tiny. What kind of unemployed man not only has video surveillance, but an unused closet that is big enough for someone to live in?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/6/08 2:51 p.m.

Fukuoka me? Fukuoka YOU!

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
6/6/08 3:26 p.m.

I don't even want to know how someone goes about secreting a mattress...

I think something got lost in translation on that one.

Clem

ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
6/6/08 5:28 p.m.
BBsGarage wrote: Officers rushed to the house and found a 58-year-old unemployed woman hiding in an unused closet, where she had secreted a mattress

WOW!

Thats one of those words with multiple meanings you need to be careful of.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/08 5:36 p.m.

Just another "Laslo" fan....

Hocrest
Hocrest New Reader
6/6/08 6:30 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote:
BBsGarage wrote: Officers rushed to the house and found a 58-year-old unemployed woman hiding in an unused closet, where she had secreted a mattress
WOW! Thats one of those words with multiple meanings you need to be careful of.

I had to google it to figure out the second definition that would be funny

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
skeH5GtyGnZCbktQka9Pf3mli1C9TC4egtztBcFV5nOuWbjnZGfr2GBE6AMufvuV