1 2
Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/21 10:35 a.m.

Not my favorite comedian, but berkeley cancer. My condolences to his family and friends. 

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/15/21 10:41 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to NickD :

"This just in:  murder is now legal in California. "

See, even just reading that I hear it in his cadence and voice in my head and chuckle.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/15/21 10:50 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to NickD :

“After grisly photos of the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson were shown in court, O.J. turned his head away and wept. It was at that moment that he realized he would never be able to kill her again.”

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/15/21 12:00 p.m.

The man did not know how to drive a car...

...classic Norm.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/21 12:09 p.m.
NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/15/21 12:14 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/15/21 12:37 p.m.

I've never heard a minute of his standup. I quit watching SNL loooong before he was on, and I never watch any of the other late night shows.

But he did have recurring small parts in other shows I watched, and he was always good.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
9/15/21 4:08 p.m.

We used to watch him in the 80's when he was playing local clubs and festivals. I thought it was nice that he got work on SNL, but didn't really think it was a great fit for his style

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
9/15/21 8:06 p.m.
NickD said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to NickD :

“After grisly photos of the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson were shown in court, O.J. turned his head away and wept. It was at that moment that he realized he would never be able to kill her again.”

"........ allegedly."  I liked how he would deliver similar news stories and after a long pause, sarcastically tack that on at the end, thus [ALLEGEDLY] avoiding a slander lawsuit for telling the truth.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/15/21 10:14 p.m.
Apis Mellifera said:
NickD said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to NickD :

"........ allegedly."  I liked how he would deliver similar news stories and after a long pause, sarcastically tack that on at the end, thus avoiding a slander lawsuit for telling the truth.

Even if he hadn't, it wouldn't matter. Allegedly doesn't protect you from slander/libel lawsuits. 

No trying to pick on you, but I took multiple classes on this with my PR degree. People who haven't studied the law often have completely incorrect views of it. I'm sure many of the lawyers that frequent here would agree, but can't publicly because of the implications on their ability to practice law.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
9/16/21 7:37 a.m.
z31maniac said: Well, actually...
NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/16/21 7:46 a.m.
Duke said:

But he did have recurring small parts in other shows I watched, and he was always good.

Any time he showed up on The Middle, you were always in for a treat. He played Neil Flynn's (the janitor from Scrubs) ne'er do well brother who was always down on his luck and had some wacky get-rich-quick scheme that he would try to rope Neil Flynn's character into

dculberson (Forum Supporter)
dculberson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/16/21 8:39 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

TIL that Bob Dole is still alive.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/572304-bob-dole-pays-tribute-to-norm-macdonald

TIL that Bob Dole has a great sense of humor.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3w66VX0DHj88Jk1I0WWMcOsY2WxMH1USJ5k5PyniBP1HlrHRYrWMmeZNIUlFGl4s