1 ... 3 4 5 6
Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/8/22 5:40 p.m.
Apexcarver said:

You have a hyperfocus on the end right now. What beginnings have you had in that timespan?

I can't upvote this post enough times.

It's OK to let yourself accept some of your recent losses, and begin to move past them.

In fact it is vital to your health.  If I can help you talk through it at all, please PM me.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/9/22 11:17 a.m.

Look who got up on all fours this morning.

He could not walk for two days. I thought I was going to lose him. He was up walking around in the morning at 2 am. Woke me and the other dogs up. He was still on his feet this morning.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
8/9/22 1:04 p.m.

Glad to see that.  Also glad to hear the new doggie is settling in well. 

8/18/22 11:55 a.m.

Berk me. My other dog died today. Not the husky that almost died last week. The other one.

8/18/22 11:58 a.m.

This guy just died this morning in my car on the way to the Vet. He was in the passenger's seat in the Mustang. He looked up at me, then he put his head down and stopped breathing. 

8/18/22 12:02 p.m.

Berk me. Berk me. Berk me. Berk me. 

I don't even know what to think right now.

8/18/22 12:04 p.m.

Doctor said he had heart problems.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/18/22 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Man, I know what he means to you.  You have my very deepest sympathy.  Remember, we're here to talk.  PM me if I can lend an ear.

8/18/22 12:06 p.m.

By the end of this year my mother and all of my dogs will be dead.

Berk me. Berk me. Berk me. Berk me.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/18/22 12:14 p.m.

There are other people and other dogs in your life who are still very much alive and connected to you.

Please try to shift your focus toward them a little.  That doesn't mean you have to brush off or forget your losses.

Just remember those who are still in your life as well.

BenB
BenB HalfDork
8/18/22 2:20 p.m.

I am so sorry for the losses you've been experiencing lately. 

8/18/22 2:54 p.m.
Duke said:

Man, I know what he means to you.  You have my very deepest sympathy.  Remember, we're here to talk.  PM me if I can lend an ear.

Thanks man. That means a lot.

8/18/22 2:57 p.m.

This is who's left. Finley the one year old foster puppy in front, and Cherokee the 15 year old husky who keeps on going and going is in back. 

8/18/22 3:09 p.m.

We called him Collie. It was a joke. The Dallas Animal Shelter listed him as a female border collie. When we got there he turned out to be a male Australian shepherd, docked tail and all. 

8/18/22 3:22 p.m.

This was Mom a few months ago.

8/18/22 3:26 p.m.

Here he is in the snow last winter.

8/18/22 3:37 p.m.

When Mom still lived at home Collie would sit at the foot of her bed and protect here while she slept. One day Mom fell in the living room going to the door to let the Meals on Wheels guy in. He came in the door a little too fast and Collie ran between them growling to protect her while she was on the floor. He got bit and Meals on Wheels never came back. He was very protective of Mom. 

Now they are both gone. 

8/18/22 3:39 p.m.

Here he was at the water park with me this Sunday.

8/18/22 3:42 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

When Mom still lived at home Collie would sit at the foot of her bed and protect here while she slept. One day Mom fell in the living room going to the door to let the Meals on Wheels guy in. He came in the door a little too fast and Collie ran between them growling to protect her while she was on the floor. He got bit and Meals on Wheels never came back. He was very protective of Mom. 

Now they are both gone. 

Dallas Animal Control came out to evaluate him and gave him a pass on that bite. He wasn't really a mean dog, just very protective of Mom.

8/18/22 6:43 p.m.

8/18/22 6:44 p.m.

A fine tribute to my Aussie named Collie who took that last ride to the vet today.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/18/22 7:09 p.m.

Ugh my condolences; sorry you've been dealing with so much loss recently!  The pics and stories are helpful to get a snapshot of your mom and the doggos.

If it helps slightly, these two morons are both sitting  in front of me and offering condolences as well

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/20/22 6:37 p.m.

Dude my heart cry's for you ....I lost Riley(15yrs) and Lilly(7yrs brknhrt) in less that one week the first part of September 2020 . I FEEL YOUR PAIN.......BIG HUG  

9/1/22 7:58 a.m.

And now to ease the pain there is a new puppy in the house. Her name is Mist and she is a 7 month old Border Collie. She and the Husky foster have brightened up the house.

9/1/22 8:03 a.m.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DsymjdhQ5ldZt2m4B4g1DBP9QH4JWlwY6M6L74cwFEv8YITbRTmunljj8ttc5eOL