1 2 3 4 5
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/4/21 2:01 p.m.

Reduced calorie or light or low fat or whatever Miracle Whip.  Gotta love the tangy zip of Miracle Whip.

I will never understand people who eat dry sandwiches.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/4/21 2:01 p.m.

In reply to noddaz :

I mean, so does syphillis, losing a toe in a combine or being strapped to a fire ant mound covered in honey..... so it's a low bar.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/4/21 2:06 p.m.

Aldi sells Hellmanns in the store. Ergo, I figured the Aldi brand mayo might be Hellmanns. 

It is not.  I threw it out. 

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/21 2:21 p.m.

No mayo on a sandwich? 

Lost Their Mind - Imgflip

I can stand Miracle Whip on a tomato sandwich as long as you don't use much. Other than that, it belongs on a salad. Much too sweet for me. 

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
5/4/21 2:26 p.m.

Grew up in a Miracle Whip household. Not coincidentally, grew up believing I hated mayonnaise. Realized my error when I got to college and the sandwich shop around the corner used real mayo. (Went home to spread the gospel to my family, who all looked at me like I was nuts.) These days it's Duke's or Hellman's, though at the beginning of Covid I made some homemade when everyone (me included) was baking bread and such; it was so good, and so easy, I'm sad at how quickly I abandoned the effort.

Margie

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/4/21 2:34 p.m.

I like homemade also, but otherwise it's the one with olive oil whipped in, dunno who.  Miracle Whip makes my throat go the same way as when I see or think about Bologna Cake.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/4/21 2:42 p.m.

I've been a big fan of Mccormick's Mayonesa lately. I like the lime juice and it's a little thicker than Best/Hellman's 

Entropyman
Entropyman GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/4/21 3:05 p.m.

I think The Oatmeal said it best:

https://theoatmeal.com/blog/miracle_whip

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/4/21 3:06 p.m.

Kewpie doll full strength. Its so good. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
5/4/21 3:14 p.m.

Hellmans here but then I've never seen Dukes in a store up here.    I can't do Miracle Whip.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/4/21 3:20 p.m.

The timing is such that I can answer the question of what we eat in our house.

We had bacon and tomato sandwiches for dinner today and it was Hellman's on the table. I know Mrs.. P has a preference but I didn't know which one it was. As for me, despite my aversion to white, creamy, or translucent foods, and Mayo can be all three, I don't hate it. I don't like it either, so I guess I'm neutral when it comes to the white oily spread, and I generally don't use it, nor can I tell the difference between any of them, including Miracle whip. When I was making salmon salad for my work lunch sandwiches and I needed a jar of binder/lubricant, I bought a no name low calorie version after I saw the numbers on the Hellman's jar.

If I lived alone, there would be none in my fridge

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/4/21 3:26 p.m.

It's basically Hellmans or the house brands in our stores here and at home (not counting the Miracle Whip stuff which we don't eat).

Adding the tiniest drop of French's yellow mustard into the mayo (just enough to change the colour a bit) gives it a nice flavour, I'll do this for fries at home just to mix it up.

But I also like Pineapple on pizza so there you go.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/4/21 3:39 p.m.
914Driver said:

I like homemade also, but otherwise it's the one with olive oil whipped in, dunno who.  Miracle Whip makes my throat go the same way as when I see or think about Bologna Cake.

I want.... nay, I NEED that recipe.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/4/21 3:45 p.m.

Whatever I can get in a conveinent squeeze bottle. Usually Hellmans.  Sometimes the store-brand version.  Sometimes the low-fat version if the store has it. I'm not really that picky.  Since WFH started, I have a bit on my sandwich for lunch almost every day.

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/4/21 4:13 p.m.

Another who was raised on Miracle Whip but has since switched to Duke's. Man I can't wait for my tomato harvest this summer, gonna eat a ton of tomato sandwiches laugh

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/21 6:45 p.m.

[Life of Boris intensifies]

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
5/4/21 6:58 p.m.
bobzilla said:
914Driver said:

I want.... nay, I NEED that recipe.

I feel bad for enabling this, but here you go.

Miracle Whip is not mayonnaise, and therefore should be removed from this thread, which supposed to be about mayonnaise. My wife insists on Hellman's; I'm less picky, and could be mayo-curious, as long as it isn't Miracle Whip. Kid #2 is a huge fan of garlic aioli, which is mayo-adjacent, and closer to mayo than Miracle Whip. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
5/4/21 7:00 p.m.

Miracle whip is not mayonnaise.  I'd say I hate it, but I'm not sure I've ever tried it. 

Hellman's is what we grew up on.  Mom to this day will buy nothing else.

When I met my wife, I found out that down here in the southland, Duke's is the mayonnaise of choice.

So, Duke's it is, although I will buy either Duke's or Hellman's according to what's on sale when I'm buying.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/4/21 7:22 p.m.

Mayonnaise is not a condiment. It is more akin to condom content. There. Somebody had to say it. 

devil

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
5/4/21 7:38 p.m.

If we have Mayo, it's best foods. But damn, use hummus on your next sangwich. Or- OR- use sriracha Mayo. Now that's good stuff. 

Lobsterpennies
Lobsterpennies New Reader
5/4/21 8:05 p.m.

I feel very strongly about the evils of miracle whip. Hellman's full strength. I have not had Duke's but I will try it if I get the chance. If someone who prefers mayo has a better mayo then Hellman's please post so I can give it a try.

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/21 8:17 p.m.

I have never seen most of the brands listed above.  I grew up on Miracle Whip, but I prefer regular mayo over "snot"

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/21 8:27 p.m.

Common theme:

I grew up on Miracle Whip, Kelly was as well. I love it, she hates it, we compromised and now have Hellmans. 

Brown family secrets:

Sauce Tartaaaaaaar:

Spicy giardeñera, relish, 50/50 Miracle Whip, Hellmans mixed. 

OL-LOVE-BURGERS:

50/50 Miracle Whip, Hellmans, round sliced jalapeno stuffed green olives mixed.

wake74
wake74 Reader
5/4/21 8:56 p.m.

Once you go Duke's, you'll never go back to any of the others.  My wife recently tried to pawn off some white whip as a close enough.  We magically ran out of that immediately, and back to Duke's it was.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zFxI4fcSn6rWZb5JZBLMN72MKzSprkcprLRyGKtXGmviBVIxsQ3w2BbxIGEHcdMG