1 2
Chris_V
Chris_V SuperDork
6/6/08 7:12 a.m.

Another one I've wanted to do for a while. Based on a Karmann Ghia. A lot of custom bodywork, but stretch the nose, chop the top an inch and a half, custom vertical taillights ('90s Cadillac), custom nose. Under the stretched nose would be a Chevy DZ302 w/aluminum heads and a brace of weber carbs or ITBs (8000+ rpm through 8 trumpets would sound badass), and a Renagade Hybrid's chevy-into-944 kit to connect that engine to a rear mounted 944 5 speed transaxle. I origianlly photoshopped it up with alloys on teh custom suspension, but to really get the look down, I'd go with Borrannis.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/08 11:49 a.m.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/6/08 1:18 p.m.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 Reader
6/6/08 1:25 p.m.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/08 1:29 p.m.

Nice

Salanis
Salanis HalfDork
6/6/08 2:02 p.m.

I want to convert something (preferably mid engined, Cayman S would be ideal) into a semi-functional "Spy-Car". It would be complete with a functional smoke screen and oil slick system (I already have an idea for how to do this). A pop-up weapons suite with rocket tubes and machine guns (can be fake, as long as they look cool) under the hood. Maybe a pop up armor plate behind the seats.

I also really want a hearse. The dream would be to hot-rod it out and convert it to a manual. Then construct a series of "coffins" for varying functions. One would be a standard coffin for looks/pranks, another a tool chest (support vehicle for track days), a wet bar, the default would be a fancy stereo system. Maybe rig up the rails in the back to allow the coffins to be slid out for easy outside access. So the stereo can be slid out for an instant block party, and the tool-chest has easier access and can double as a work bench. Attach a trailer hitch for towing a race car, and it could be the most awesome support vehicle ever. And would even be hilarious to take onto a course for a few laps or hoon it on a skid pad.

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/6/08 3:42 p.m.

Lotus Europa with a 2.5 Subaru in the back (you know, to get that center of gravity a little lower!) mated to a 914 transaxle. Not sure if the rear frame wishbone is wide enough for the boxer, though, so a new rear frame clip might be needed.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/6/08 4:07 p.m.

Well there was a slantsix powered Lotus 11!

http://lotuseleven.org/DarkAges1/LV9.jpg

http://lotuseleven.org/DarkAges1/LVnotes.htm

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dyvsp08gpcGcTK44wcPif3xHoy9pIiSowErI2jrwclxAT3s4pJuVwMYFtwcNldAT