1 2
nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/3/11 3:14 p.m.

I'm 90% certain it's tittled as a 53 willy's with an assigned vin.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/3/11 3:38 p.m.

I would imagine insurance could be had from Haggerty's or similar. Not like you're driving all over town every day.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
3/3/11 5:27 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
rob_lewis wrote: Classic Ford COE on a Powerstroke chassis FTW! Something like this (hotlinked!) -Rob
Oh my God is that fugly!

I really like it!

I guess it takes all kinds!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Reader
3/3/11 6:17 p.m.

I have a '67 IH 1300C that one day I plan to drop onto a Dodge Ram Dualle chassis with a 5.9L Cummins with a 6-speed manual. Right now it has a dump bed, but I want to build a stake bed for it with a functional 5th wheel.

I want it to look like this.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
3/4/11 6:25 a.m.
Hal wrote:
nocones wrote: Not to resurect a long dead thread but this is basically the exact question I have. I have inherited a 1953 willy's overland swaped onto a 1994 blazer chassis that I intend to use for light duty (3000lbs or so) towing. The question. What do I do about insurance. The truck isn't worth a Bunch, it's value is more sentimental. I want to be able to drive it to work, and occasionally tow my MG with it..
First question: How is it titled? As a 53 Willy's or a 94 Blazer?

In NY the VIN is on the body. My '52 is a '52 and has to meet all the safety and emission requirements mandated for 1952.

No seat belt requirement (I have them) no smog, no cat etc.

Dan

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk HalfDork
3/4/11 2:26 p.m.

Just curious,did they ever sell Fargo trucks in the US, or was that a Canadian thing like the Mercuries?

Ignorant
Ignorant SuperDork
3/4/11 4:19 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: Just curious,did they ever sell Fargo trucks in the US, or was that a Canadian thing like the Mercuries?

Fargo's are dodge's in the US. But the Fargo name was not sold, AFAIK.....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sBleKO2Lc7WnCU5P7cD8LRDCUfKyDkIXIkTJpiWONmlKsLaLpPXI16rIKN5SMHNh