OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/28/23 2:08 p.m.

Looking for a RF fender for 2012 base highlander, in white pearl paint. These cars are very where except junkyards. Anybody have a good source other than www.car-part.com, eBay, craigslist, FBM?

I'd prefer factory paint since matching pearl is not easy... 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/28/23 7:09 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I used car-parts to source a white fender for Fester, the 2004 F150. Those years like to collect dirt in the lower corner and it rots from the inside.  I looked for 2 months to find a white fender for exactly the same reason as you. I didn't want to spend money repaining.

Maybe use search tempest to check Craigslist partouts.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/23 8:46 p.m.

Also, just so you're not disappointed, the chances that the factory match on a pearl paint job is the same as yours is probably only slightly better than if you had it painted.

You can look at two factory-painted pearl color on the same year/model of vehicle and they are close, but never perfect.  Just the other day I saw two of those nautical blue mica pearl 4-runners side by side in a grocery store parking lot.  I have no idea if they were factory finishes (although I couldn't see any obvious signs of body work) and they looked almost like they were two different paint codes.

Not being a debbie downer, just wanted you to know that your search might yield results that are less perfect than you'd hoped.  I do totally understand the desire for not having to paint something to match, though.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/28/23 8:52 p.m.

To your original question, though... I've had pretty good luck with car-part but I'll admit that my cars are a little more common in those junkyards and are usually not the exotic paint color version.  My vehicles are often diarrhea tan, Mitt Romney white, or champagne (also known as: metallic diarrhea tan)

OHSCrifle
1/28/23 9:59 p.m.

Metallics and pearls are damn near impossible to match so I know it's an uphill walk regardless. I'm just a little shocked there isn't one nationwide on car-part

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
1/29/23 8:01 a.m.

Pearls always need blending into the adjacent panel to hide variance. Expecting one to match from another vehicle is a fool's errand. 

OHSCrifle
1/29/23 8:36 a.m.

In reply to ddavidv :

Agreed. Living through this during my work week as well with metallic finishes not looking uniform. The "flop" of the paint is incredibly hard to attain uniformity. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZxaOO83SCoGUynRGUCVczdhVMy4v1PfSmZrpmFopVuC3hG2Tms5gQvRdF74p9Y8o