1 2 3 ... 5
Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/19 4:01 p.m.

I just got the call that he passed away last night in his sleep. No details on services yet, but his girlfriend is supposed to let me know once she’s got the arrangements. PM me or message me on Facebook if you’d like the details. 

I offered to help her deal with all his stuff, so I’ll make sure you guys get first dibs on his Vette. :-p

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
4/27/19 4:03 p.m.

Say wha..

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
4/27/19 4:05 p.m.

So very sorry to hear that.  Wasn't he just on here yesterday?

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/27/19 4:08 p.m.

Man, bummer.

I remember when he stormed into this forum with a hail of bravado and E36 M3 talking.

Godspeed.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/27/19 4:10 p.m.

I have no words. That sucks hard. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/19 4:21 p.m.

Damn, I love that guy.  Jim last texted me on march 8th to give me heads up on a Devin for sale.  I’ll miss him very much.  Good times at the challenge with him.  

RIP Mr Pierce.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/27/19 4:27 p.m.

Wow. Not expected this at all. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/19 4:30 p.m.
wheelsmithy said:

Man, bummer.

I remember when he stormed into this forum with a hail of bravado and E36 M3 talking.

Godspeed.

I love how he showed up and almost immediately singled out Stampie and started talking crap and calling him Stumpy.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/27/19 4:45 p.m.

He's now sitting down at the best bar ever. I'll drink a few for him tonight. 

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
4/27/19 4:54 p.m.

As a relative newcomer to the forum, I can't say much, but from his posts it's easy to see he was a good man and lived his life well. Peace.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/27/19 5:02 p.m.

E36 M3.

I have his firesuit he gave me. He was a very good man, and helped me help others. Praying for his family. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/27/19 5:06 p.m.

I am displeased with this news. I am thankful that you shared it, however. Godspeed old friend 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
4/27/19 5:19 p.m.

Seems appropriate. Think I'll go take a walk. Prayers for the family.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/27/19 5:23 p.m.

He was a good man. 

I miss him already.  

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
4/27/19 5:30 p.m.

Sad. I’m not on here much these days but it seems like always enjoyed reading his posts.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/27/19 5:32 p.m.

Wait, what? Dang it, that ain't fair. Sad news indeed.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/27/19 5:37 p.m.

Definitely the worst news I've gotten today. My condolences to the family.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/27/19 5:39 p.m.

I feel dumb.  He helped me a lot when I was suddenly “retired” a few weeks ago.  He followed up several times even by pm. Who does that for a perfect stranger.  Sorry I never got to meet and know him.  

Scottah
Scottah Dork
4/27/19 5:43 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

As I watch his replies to your “retirement” thread, I thought, wow, this guys sure is willing to help others when he didn’t have to. 

RIP. Really enjoyed his posts and his humor. 

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/27/19 5:45 p.m.

E36 M3, that's extremely sad news. He's been one of my favorite posters to read from the day he showed up telling the epic history of Bolus and Snopes, or whatever that ridiculous tale was. 

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
4/27/19 5:48 p.m.

Hate to hear this, sad for his family and ours. Requiescat In Pace (I think he would get a kick out of the Latin).  

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
4/27/19 6:01 p.m.

He was helpful with a family issue I had a while back. RIP

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/27/19 6:07 p.m.

Wow. This requires some thought and time to process. 

While I do that, here is the link to his famous "burst on the scene" post from almost 3 years ago... 

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/bolus-snopes-ltd-to-enter-2016-challenge/118473/page1/

These are generally the first words he uttered on GRM. Further investigation shows he join 5-11-16 and this post is 5-25-16 so close enough. Either way, this post was his way of "throwing his hat in the ring" for Challenge 2016

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/27/19 6:25 p.m.

Oh man, this is very sad news! I will really miss him. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/27/19 6:26 p.m.

I remember that post and thinking, ok, this guy is something. He turned out to be a great member of the community. I'm deeply saddened to hear this. I knew he had some health challenges but didn't know it was that serious. I hope he's having a great time wherever he is.

I hope his Porsche doesn't go into the wrong hands. He had a great vision there.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CEOtKaNhG85pZmBMlTumpDPpfoXogEUXGzjQn1mfGyUsAxaRb4hZ5Vcknod90VOY