8/6/08 5:24 p.m.
GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/6/08 5:52 p.m.

i loled

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/6/08 6:03 p.m.

It's really sad when you have Paris Hilton satirizing how petty and superficial something is. But it's hilarious.

"Thanks for the endorsement White-Haired-Dude."

Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/6/08 6:28 p.m.

Anybody have a link to the McCain thing that started it? <--Rarely watches TV.

Bryce

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
8/6/08 7:07 p.m.

http://www.funnyordie.com/

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Reader
8/6/08 8:42 p.m.

"See you at the debaits bitches" my favorite part!!

oldsaw
oldsaw New Reader
8/6/08 8:46 p.m.
Salanis wrote: It's really sad when you have Paris Hilton satirizing how petty and superficial something is. But it's hilarious. "Thanks for the endorsement White-Haired-Dude."

And, she's not promising change like the "other"guy?

Gee, I hope no one sees the "other guy" as code-words.

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/6/08 10:14 p.m.

Her Energy Policy doesn’t sound half bad!

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
8/6/08 10:27 p.m.

I think that is the most inteligent I have heard her, she has a better speach writer than W!

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/6/08 10:54 p.m.

It is depressing that the most intellegent energy policy of the 3 comes from her, but thats the facts...

cwh
cwh Dork
8/7/08 7:18 a.m.

Suggestion- White Hired Dude chooses her as Veep to bring in the Youth vote he badly needs. They win. Six months later, White Hired Dude croaks, and we have Paris as Pres. Now Theres a scary thought!

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
8/7/08 9:38 a.m.
cwh wrote: Suggestion- White Hired Dude chooses her as Veep to bring in the Youth vote he badly needs. They win. Six months later, White Hired Dude croaks, and we have Paris as Pres. Now Theres a scary thought!

if thats the case, we KNOW Bill is gonna do his best to get back into the white house, gigitty gigitty

doitover
doitover New Reader
8/7/08 10:32 a.m.

I know you are joking but it was lame and obviously not written by her. We had better by way on our way to energy independence before the trickle of off shore oil hits the pipeline because there isn't enough out there to matter.

In case you have missed it, Obama supports limited off shore drilling, so he isn't that much unlike the wrinkly white haired guy. Except that he knows how much oil we waste with under inflated tires.

It was a funny video. They should have seen that coming. It's getting around too, I heard about it from someone that very likely didn't know who Paris Hilton was before this.

DILYSI Dave wrote: It is depressing that the most intellegent energy policy of the 3 comes from her, but thats the facts...
aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
8/7/08 12:01 p.m.

I'm waiting for Britney to get into this. Maybe she's studying at the library, preparing a good response.

Speaking of which:

Here's the McCain campaign response:

"Sounds like Paris is taking the 'All of the Above' energy approach that John McCain has advocated -- both alternatives and drilling. Perhaps the reality is that Paris has a more substantive energy plan than Barack Obama."

Here's the Obama campaign response:

"Whatever".

It's kind of obvious to me who gets that this was a spoof.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
8/7/08 1:43 p.m.

She seems to forget that her money is older than God.

Humerous, but I'm not a fan of the "wrinkly white haired dude" comments. I won't use the "N" word either.

doitover
doitover New Reader
8/7/08 2:06 p.m.

you probably also wouldn't enter into a name calling contest if you didn't expect to be called names either. :)

SVreX wrote: She seems to forget that her money is older than God. Humerous, but I'm not a fan of the "wrinkly white haired dude" comments. I won't use the "N" word either.
Nashco
Nashco Dork
8/7/08 2:37 p.m.

I still don't understand...she makes it sound like McCain used her as an example in a commercial or something, and this is retaliation. Is that way off, or is there some place he used her/her name and I just missed it. So confused.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
8/7/08 2:54 p.m.

He did... sort of compared Obama to her, implying they were both sort of vacuous celebs. As John Stewart pointed out, kind of a dick move, since the Hiltons are big campaign contributors.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/7/08 2:56 p.m.

McCain had an attack ad against Obama where he stated that Obama was just a "celebrity" and compared him to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton.

This ticked of Mrs. Hilton, as she and her husband are both McCain supporters and, I believe, campaign fund contributors.

Plus the ad was widely viewed as being stupid and petty.

nocarbud
nocarbud New Reader
8/7/08 3:09 p.m.
doitover wrote: I know you are joking but it was lame and obviously not written by her.

do you think the wrinkly white hair dude or the celebrity guy wrote their's either?

doitover
doitover New Reader
8/7/08 3:18 p.m.

celebrity guy does lots of his own writing. not so good looking in a bathing suit but not everyone agrees on that.

nocarbud wrote:
doitover wrote: I know you are joking but it was lame and obviously not written by her.
do you think the wrinkly white hair dude or the celebrity guy wrote their's either?
Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/7/08 3:25 p.m.
doitover wrote: celebrity guy does lots of his own writing. not so good looking in a bathing suit but not everyone agrees on that.

I just got a mental image of McCain and Obama sitting in a lounge chair wearing that same bathing suit and pumps. giggle

oldsaw
oldsaw New Reader
8/7/08 4:38 p.m.
Salanis wrote: McCain had an attack ad against Obama where he stated that Obama was just a "celebrity" and compared him to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. This ticked of Mrs. Hilton, as she and her husband are both McCain supporters and, I believe, campaign fund contributors. Plus the ad was widely viewed as being stupid and petty.

Those who viewed the ad as "stupid and petty" ignored that Obama himself recognized his celebrity status in a February 2008 interview:

"Andy Warhol said we all get our 15 minutes of fame," says Barack Obama. "I've already had an hour and a half. I mean, I'm so overexposed, I'm making Paris Hilton look like a recluse."

Courtesy: Washington Post

Obama himself knows he's getting celebrity treatment and is obviously reveling in the attention.

So what, exactly, is wrong with a political opponent advancing that same point?

Salanis
Salanis Dork
8/7/08 4:51 p.m.

Presidential nomination brings celebrity with it. People don't move into that position if they don't enjoy public attention at some level. I fail to see the amount of attention being payed to him as having any relevance on his ability to perform the job of President.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/8/08 2:17 a.m.

I'm voting for Brittany, she had enough class to stay out of this nonsense

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XKzH4pGAh4RM4Cr1gjDF64FuSm8pxV6VyR5bV7CLzWRuDTtGWVgGT1KOiibDCCpe