Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
1/12/21 3:49 p.m.

I received a brand new 2020 Chevy express van exactly 1 month ago as a vehicle for work. After almost 10 years in my old express this was amazing. Power windows, door locks, cruise, etc... I love this van. Today I had it parked on the street in front of one of our facilities. I had been in the building for about 2 hours or so. Walked out, and noticed a flat left front tire. Then I realized why. Side swiped by a hit and run driver. Sheared the metal valve stem and flattened the tire. People suck!! 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/12/21 4:01 p.m.

That does suck. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/12/21 4:06 p.m.

Sucks.   

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
1/12/21 4:13 p.m.

That sucks.

Any cameras around?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
1/12/21 4:16 p.m.
fasted58 said:

That sucks.

Any cameras around?

I don't think so. The building I work in doesn't have any cameras aside from some internal ones. The building I was parked next to is a church rectory I believe, and didn't have any cameras that I, or the police officer that arrived could see. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/21 4:35 p.m.

I miss my Chevy Express work van.  Sorry some shiny happy person didn't have any common curtsey.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile HalfDork
1/12/21 6:26 p.m.

That sucks man. Few months back after stocking a store I came out to find someone hit my electric pallet jack and flipped it on its side, demolishing the hand controls. Took over an hour to re-wiring, duct taping and jerry riggin to get it moved 30 feet back to my truck. Yep people effin suck

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/12/21 6:32 p.m.

Hopefully in a few months his dick falls off. People are lucky Scanners isn't real.

 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/13/21 3:15 a.m.

I heard about a guy the found a not on his car, after a incident like that. The note said "im leaving this not after hitting your car. Your neighbor probably thinks I am leaving my phone number, but I'm not." Yep people suck!

Caraban
Caraban New Reader
1/13/21 3:40 a.m.

That's effing sucks man. Did you get details about who did it? Any CCTV's around the area?

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
1/13/21 4:15 a.m.
Caraban said:

That's effing sucks man. Did you get details about who did it? Any CCTV's around the area?

Nothing. Only a church rectory aside from the building I was in that are within camera range and neither habe cctv. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
1/13/21 8:23 a.m.

Probably a texting driver.  

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
1/13/21 9:48 a.m.

Sorry man.  I'm another of those freaks that takes care of the company whip like it was my own, I hate to see this.  Oh and you're not wrong.  devil

imgon
imgon HalfDork
1/13/21 10:05 a.m.

That blows, were you in Wareham? High St is waaaaay too narrow. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
1/13/21 10:10 a.m.
imgon said:

That blows, were you in Wareham? High St is waaaaay too narrow. 

High street. 

914Driver
914Driver GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 10:36 a.m.

Go to neighboring buildings and ask if they have cameras - or ask a cop to do it.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' SuperDork
1/13/21 4:34 p.m.
03Panther said:

The note said "im leaving this note after hitting your car. Your neighbor probably thinks I am leaving my phone number, but I'm not."

That's why you always carry around a hand written note saying "I'm so sorry" followed by the contact information of somebody that has screwed you over.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
1/13/21 7:24 p.m.

Yeah, that does suck. And I'm sorry for you. And you are correct ... some people do suck. A good friend of mine uses this statement often: "I hate people." This would definitely apply to your situation. I've used it too. But then I'm reminded by other peoples' positive actions that it's not everybody that sucks. Sorry for your misfortune. I empathize with you. But save some heart for the good folks out there.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 11:21 p.m.

+1 to people sucking like a Dyson or Hoover.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/14/21 11:32 a.m.
03Panther said:

I heard about a guy the found a not on his car, after a incident like that. The note said "im leaving this not after hitting your car. Your neighbor probably thinks I am leaving my phone number, but I'm not." Yep people suck!

Wow.  Just... wow.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
1/14/21 11:48 a.m.
914Driver said:

Go to neighboring buildings and ask if they have cameras - or ask a cop to do it.

My tow rig with 24' enclosed trailer with vintage Mustang in it was stolen during daylight from a Publix supermarket parking lot. I got the store manager to find the security video which showed the criminals perfectly. Police wouldn't even look at the video. In cases like this hit & run the police normally say " Sorry for your loss, here's your case #". There is no investigation.

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
1/14/21 8:04 p.m.
Mazdax605 said:
imgon said:

That blows, were you in Wareham? High St is waaaaay too narrow. 

High street. 

HIGH STREET

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/14/21 8:11 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I didn't see all my typos till I saw your quote... your WOW, comments on both aspects!!! Ah, well. too late to change it now, I guess.

RX Revin' had an addendum that is evem meaner!

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/14/21 8:13 p.m.
NOT A TA said:
914Driver said:

Go to neighboring buildings and ask if they have cameras - or ask a cop to do it.

My tow rig with 24' enclosed trailer with vintage Mustang in it was stolen during daylight from a Publix supermarket parking lot. I got the store manager to find the security video which showed the criminals perfectly. Police wouldn't even look at the video. In cases like this hit & run the police normally say " Sorry for your loss, here's your case #". There is no investigation.

But it solves cases in the movies all the time!
(i've seen your result, as well)

mad_machine (Forum Supporter)
mad_machine (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/15/21 11:32 a.m.

Hopefully work will be fixing your van and not penalizing you for the damage.  I can only suggest front and rear dashcams.  They usually have a feature to turn on if the car (or van) takes a jolt from a collision.

Our Preferred Partners
gLaMsOBvM8gasgOfmTdPKu8Zkz8tiH8l1hz85mKvoK5N1GPLa7ZGSv28yt642IMR