1 2
Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
4/15/09 3:03 p.m.

IIRC Spector had a lot to do with getting Pink Floyd over here for their first concert tour.

Carroll Shelby ran that Daytona coupe as a 24 hour land speed record car and afterwards he thought of it as just an old race car, so he tried like hell to sell it. No one wanted it for the same reason, it was just an old race car. It seems that when Spector was interested in it, he had Shelby bring it to his house, made him wait in the driveway for hours while he did the whole deal with a butler? as a go between. Shelby later said the sale to Spector was one of the weirdest experiences he'd ever had.

EDIT: Seems that Shelby sold the car to a guy who made model car kits, he's the guy who sold it to Spector and had the really weird experience.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
4/15/09 10:49 p.m.
ratghia wrote:
gamby wrote:
Run_Away wrote: Wasn't Phil Spector the guy that had the "lost" Cobra Daytona?
Backstory??? ???? ?????
He had a the original prototype Cobra Daytona but he got so many speeding tickets he gave to his daughter so he wouldn't lose his license. It was then stored for a long time and just found recently. I saw it a few months ago at the Simeone Foundation (best museum in the world) in Philadelphia. We spent 4 hours looking through the 100 cars there and didn't see another person the entire time.

tell me more about this muesum, I've lived near Philly most of my life and never heard of it?

getfast
getfast New Reader
4/16/09 8:45 a.m.

Just opened last year. http://www.simeonefoundation.org

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L9yrstbwWdnZhXXokKc6AZDo4SGcJqo7txyerrQJiC940Yy730pmfZSMI60lOoR6