neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
3/7/14 11:44 p.m.

I just picked up an x box 360 from a friend. First, is he's an ex smoker and the smell has permeated everything. Any ways to deal with that?

Second, it came with CoD-MW2/3. My game wish list is short, must haves are skyrim(w/dlc) and forza horizon. GTA is on my radar. Any recommendations for games?

Aside from a wheel, should I consider any peripherals? Extra cooling?

DanielCut
DanielCut New Reader
3/7/14 11:47 p.m.

If it's the white one, I'd look into cooling options. The newer black ones should be good to go. Forza 4 seems to be a better sim than horizon.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
3/8/14 12:31 a.m.

I hated playing Horizon. I was happy with Forza 3 then I got 4 and was more happier. I haven't played moder warfare 2 in quite a while, fun and entertaining offline play. Not sure how the multiplayer is faring with newer versions out.

If you get it online then the YouTube, Netflix and hbo go are great.

madpanda
madpanda Reader
3/8/14 2:25 a.m.

Woa, I thought you were talking about an F360. The comment about smoke permeating everything made sense too!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/8/14 6:21 a.m.
madpanda wrote: Woa, I thought you were talking about an F360. The comment about smoke permeating everything made sense too!

+1

I came here looking for pics. I am not a gamer, obviously...

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
3/8/14 6:27 a.m.

If Subaru 360, the answers are to gut the interior to get rid of smoke smell then add more Hyabusa!

Jarod
Jarod GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/8/14 7:34 a.m.
petegossett wrote:
madpanda wrote: Woa, I thought you were talking about an F360. The comment about smoke permeating everything made sense too!
+1 I came here looking for pics. I am not a gamer, obviously...

I thought Ferrari, then no he probably means xbox, then I saw the smoke comment and got my hopes up again. Emotional roller coaster.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
3/8/14 7:44 a.m.

Adding to the confusion...

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/8/14 7:58 a.m.
Jarod wrote:
petegossett wrote:
+1 I came here looking for pics. I am not a gamer, obviously...
I thought Ferrari, then no he probably means xbox, then I saw the smoke comment and got my hopes up again. Emotional roller coaster.

At first I was all , then I was all

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
3/8/14 8:39 a.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Adding to the confusion...

To combine everything, can we make that in forza? We can even do an engine swap with a mopar 360

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/8/14 9:10 a.m.
neon4891 wrote:
To combine everything, can we make that in forza? We can even do an engine swap with a mopar 360

I've thought about adding those graphics to my Accent, since I already have the rally-look going on, and swapping out the grill badge for a Subaru one. Then I could tell everyone it's a rare KDM Impreza coupe.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
3/8/14 9:34 a.m.

Forza 4, Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition, Skyrim Ultimate Edition, Assassins Creed 4......those 4 should consume close to a complete year of your life.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
3/8/14 10:39 a.m.

Id also add fallout 3 and all three mass effect games to the gotta play list.

That should keep you busy for the next 3 years.

Smell: put it in your car in the middle of summer with the windows barely cracked for about a week. Bakes the smell out with effectively a convection oven.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
3/8/14 1:35 p.m.
neon4891 wrote:

an AMC 360 would be more blasphemous..

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
3/8/14 4:57 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Smell: put it in your car in the middle of summer with the windows barely cracked for about a week. Bakes the smell out with effectively a convection oven.

Interesting. That would explain how my first neon didn't reek of cigars from my father after it sat for a year.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
3/8/14 5:46 p.m.

Don't put it in your car! You will desoder the motherboard. Bad solution.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
3/8/14 5:47 p.m.

I thought one of these:

NGTD
NGTD SuperDork
3/8/14 8:59 p.m.

I came in expecting a Mopar thread!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/8/14 9:56 p.m.

my first thought was he got himself one of the last of nice looking Ferraris

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YzIFYNdf5jtlnksYUtxq5MJ6BuSmr0zJCY7qSQ2CyDICxGdN1II6wglaSB4qI88m