1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21

Making a few brackets at work today, and dropping it off to get new tires and tubes. 

grafmiata
grafmiata UltraDork
9/1/20 5:22 p.m.

Not a personal project or selfie in any way, shape, or form.  But it's a crusty old Maserati I saw on a trailer on the way to PA a few days ago.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/7/20 1:42 p.m.

I dragged home a couple more derelicts a couple of weeks ago. First up was another R53 Mini with a massive vacuum leak in what appears to be a very hard to reach place. 

Next was an '01 Corolla S with light front end damage, no brakes, bad battery and cables, and an interior full of cat hair. I've since repaired and cleaned it and am using it as a daily beater for the next couple of weeks.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
12/30/20 8:44 p.m.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
1/11/21 10:20 a.m.

Junkyard_Dog and I took a quick jaunt to TN Saturday morning to pick up what will likely be a parts car:

It might finally be time to replace that GRM sticker on the trailer.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
1/13/21 11:32 a.m.

I like to call this one "potential":

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) HalfDork
1/13/21 11:33 a.m.

And a day later when EC Mojo told me there was a matching one I could have for a case of beer if I hauled it out of the yard:

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/13/21 12:09 p.m.

I just bought Tripp's Challenge car. 

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 12:12 p.m.
Powar (Forum Supporter) said:

I dragged home a couple more derelicts a couple of weeks ago. First up was another R53 Mini with a massive vacuum leak in what appears to be a very hard to reach place. 

Looks like I forgot to add my trailer selfie. 

Now with less vacuum leak, still working on the running part. 

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/13/21 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

Those are awesome! I have a super childhood soft spot for those. When I was ~10 my Uncle had a black Supra and his son had a White Celica. They lived in Clearwater FL and I was in NY but we would go there every summer and I thought they walked on water. Man those are cool!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 1:21 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 6:27 p.m.
EvanB (Forum Supporter) said:
Powar (Forum Supporter) said:

Looks like I forgot to add my trailer selfie. 

Now with less vacuum leak, still working on the running part. 

I was gonna say... not the same car, is it?

EvanB (Forum Supporter)
EvanB (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/21 6:33 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Same car in both photos. 

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
1/14/21 9:37 p.m.

Moving to Florida with my home made trailer made out of a crashed 35' 5th wheel & a 1" corrugated semi trailer deck.

drock25too
drock25too Reader
1/14/21 10:28 p.m.

Bought this a few months ago, with the intention of using the engine in another project. But the more I look at it, I think I may build it and sell it. 

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
1/14/21 11:37 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Yea a  Morris Minor ... more posts needed smiley

BKO5
BKO5 New Reader
1/15/21 1:53 p.m.

When it was loaded to ship to me in Florida

and when I picked it up in a near by parking lot a day later.

Claff
Claff Reader
1/15/21 3:33 p.m.

Back in 2011. We had just bought this 4Runner and trailer just in time for my dad to tell me I had to go pick up a basket case Sunbeam Tiger he bought sight-unseen. We went from DC to Mooresville NC to get this car that didn't run and had no brakes and had to figure out how to load it on a trailer (trailer parked at the bottom of a sloped driveway, one shot to get it right and we did). We also didn't know how to tie it down so we faked it with completely inadequate straps we got at Walmart. Here it is back in DC, halfway to its final destination as we still had to get it to western Massachusetts to drop in dad's driveway.

We did finally get the car to dad, and he started the restoration process but eventually realized he bit off more than he could chew. He sold it and a few years later saw it again at a cruise night at Hemmings in Bennington VT. It's been fully restored and according to dear old dad it is gorgeously done.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
1/15/21 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

I had went to Ga to pickup the plane and saw the Camaro in the hanger. He said I could have it if I wanted it so it came home with me. I ended up getting it running and driving and sold it. It paid for the whole trip and half the plane

1/15/21 7:54 p.m.
RichardNZ said:

Yea a  Morris Minor ... more posts needed smiley

I'll be starting a thread in the challenge topic when we get it underway. 

Meanwhile...

RichardNZ
RichardNZ Reader
1/15/21 9:35 p.m.

Looking forward to it ... my first street legal car was a 1949 low light minor with the 917cc side valve engine. At the time I was working with aeroplane related stuff and had access to the draining from the fuel check. Morris didn't want a bar of avgas but it LOVED a 50/50 mixture with JP1 turbine fuel laugh.

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/16/21 6:19 p.m.

Cool story on this one. The short version is this Ralt RT-5 Super Vee won the SCCA RunOffs in 1984, 1985 and 1986. I bought it with no particular plan in mind. Imagine that!!!! Anyway, after posting on another forum looking for some information about Ralt's and w/c Super Vee's in general, word got out and the original owner reached out to me. If I wanted to sell the car, he would like to have it as a present for his son. They will be restoring it together and his son will be racing it once finished. It went back to the right person.

1/24/21 2:27 p.m.

In reply to lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) :

What a wonderful story. It's so rare to recover a car that you used to own, and obviously this one is really special. Good for you for making it happen.

Powar (Forum Supporter)
2/5/21 10:31 a.m.

I dragged home another 9-5 Aero wagon yesterday. This one is destined to be a parts car for a friend of mine, but will live here for a couple of months. We'll see how it shakes out.

WillG80
WillG80 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/5/21 7:00 p.m.

Bought this XJ from my old employer for $300. It needed a transfer case which I got from the local U Pull yard. I was into it for less than $500 with registration and plates. Drove it for a few years before selling it. 

This Miata was a terrible purchase. Very rusty, smoked like a chimney, needed lots of TLC. I never meshed with the car and sold it a short time later.

Drove to Tucson to pick up this 325e. It had been sitting for years. Never fell in love with the car and sold it to some military guys who wanted to turn it into a track car. Saw it again on Marketplace a few weeks later. 

Drove to San Diego to pick up an old rally car.

Not a project, but on my way to a Rallycross race in Missouri.

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nRdbSrgjuQBOwRC3jduefroMBOxX2rurxWNsPhVtEeAWOCNxZW2xsSR0M2rdGo0h