1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/5/17 9:13 p.m.

In reply to docwyte:

No problem. Good timing on your part. I had just picked up the tablet after being offline all day.

caseyjones
caseyjones None
7/5/17 11:51 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: For now, if you register on photoberkit.com please post here too so I can track registry requests. If you don't receive a registry confirmation email within an hour please post here.

Just registered in anticipation of starting my first build thread. Thanks for stepping up and providing a solution.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
7/6/17 4:12 a.m.

In reply to caseyjones:

Account approved. I am only a volunteer to help out, Stampie is the one who set all of this in motion.

Stampie
7/6/17 6:24 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

I'm going to blame Woody.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/6/17 7:07 a.m.

I'm signed up and awaiting approval. Berk you photobucket!

EastCoastMojo
7/6/17 7:08 a.m.

In reply to Lof8:

Account approved

camaroz1985
camaroz1985 Reader
7/6/17 7:34 a.m.

I had gone through a couple months ago and downloaded all my pictures from photobucket just to make sure i had them. I will not be adding any more pictures to my albums because of their new business plan, but I am leaving them there so that it doesn't break any of my forum posts from the past 10 years. I checked some of them, and they are all working for now. Maybe they will come to their senses, and fix the issue, but either way I am done using their services from this point out.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/6/17 7:37 a.m.

so I tried linking to photoberkit but am not having any luck. Not sure if I'm grabbing the right link. Any advice?

EastCoastMojo
7/6/17 7:43 a.m.

In reply to Lof8:

Once you have uploaded the images, click on "My Gallery" and then "Edit Files". That will give you a page with the actual image links. Look for the address following Filename:

EastCoastMojo
7/6/17 7:50 a.m.

In reply to camaroz1985:

Your account is approved as well.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/6/17 8:30 a.m.

Looks like I have it right now! With photobucket, I was able to easily copy a link that I could paste anywhere in my GRM post text. Now I have to use the camera icon, then cut and paste the link that it always plops right at the top of the body of text. Its significantly more tedious now and I'll have to do it from a desktop rather than my phone. Kind of lame, but I'll live. Thanks for the help!

EastCoastMojo
7/6/17 8:45 a.m.

If your cursor is where you want the image to be inserted in the text, then the camera icon should put it there. The trouble I run into is my fat fingers hit the quote button and once I close out of that I don't always remember to reposition the cursor before clicking the camera again.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
7/6/17 9:22 a.m.

Well, downloading all my E36 M3 from Photobucket, and registered for Photoberkit- thanks guys!

EastCoastMojo
7/6/17 9:23 a.m.

In reply to Gunchsta:

Account approved.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Reader
7/6/17 9:30 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Thanks!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
7/6/17 10:03 a.m.

I've been using imgur for the last couple months and it seems to work well enough. The drag and drop and mobile uploading are very well done. We'll see how it holds up.

One thought for photoberkit (awsome name and concept btw.) Could you set up a custom field that included the photo insert syntax specific to the GRM forum? Like it would add the correct string to each end of the image address and show the whole thing. that way someone could simply copy the link with the syntax and paste it into the body of their forum post without going the extra step of using the pop-up control.

Crackers
Crackers HalfDork
7/6/17 10:37 a.m.

Looks like the Photobucket TOS changed on 6-28. Here's some info copied out of the TOS. (I finally logged on with a desktop.)

He Who Shall Not Be Named said: Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member. Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time. Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis. Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below). Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans: o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting. o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

TLDR Basically, if you're wanting 3rd party hosting it's $400/year. Those of us that still have working links are just biding time until their remaining paid subscription period ends.

I guess I'm going to look into some hosting options. Running my own website/hosting is cheaper than that.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
7/6/17 10:39 a.m.

Love the name. I wish my work didn't block the domain though. Booooooo work.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/6/17 10:46 a.m.

Thank You one and all for doing the work on this one.

First Craft took the Mac n' Cheese I really liked off the market, then the local record store closed, now this.

Stampie
7/6/17 11:04 a.m.
cmcgregor wrote: Love the name. I wish my work didn't block the domain though. Booooooo work.

I'm trying to come up with a work around for you. No pun intended.

Edit

Try this. http://216.92.53.23/photoberkit.com/copper/

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
7/6/17 11:14 a.m.
Stampie wrote:
cmcgregor wrote: Love the name. I wish my work didn't block the domain though. Booooooo work.
I'm trying to come up with a work around for you. No pun intended. Edit Try this. http://216.92.53.23/photoberkit.com/copper/

Nope! That's OK. I'm only gonna work here for another 2 weeks, and hopefully the next place doesn't filter it

Stampie
7/6/17 11:46 a.m.

In reply to Lof8:

Another thing I do is click the image to get the large size version. Then I long press (tablet) or right click (PC) and choose open image in new tab. I then copy from the address bar. I'm hoping to have a help/faq up in the next week or so.

Stampie
7/6/17 11:46 a.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:

Damn the man!

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
7/6/17 12:34 p.m.

bailing on PB now... sucks so many build threads use it (including the unicorn thread).

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/6/17 12:34 p.m.

just registered at le pberk and awaiting full account approval.

thank you ECM and Stampoodle for spearheading this! I'm in for helping manage and $$ support in the future.

edit: you guys are on the ball, already approved while posting this.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XuIHzo259SBkHS3sxkPQBXhuaMO2DE5DToVsfAc3JCTbJnGQovbyWfxMVxXFXGQo