1 2
Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/16/18 8:08 p.m.

With the change of seasons what have others found in your coat pockets after getting them out? 

So far my vest had $.65 change, plus  pennies. My parka liner/medium coat contained a winter hat and gloves.  I may slip a $20 into my rain jacket before I put it away. 

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/16/18 8:10 p.m.

I found beef jerky.  At least I hope that was beef jerky....

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/16/18 8:12 p.m.

I found a rock.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/18 8:13 p.m.

I left $100 in my shorts last fall and found it in the spring.  That was unexpectedly awesome.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/16/18 8:22 p.m.

I’m wound too tight.  

I’ll never find a $20 bill in a jacket pocket - all my money is in my wallet in ascending order faced the same way.  

When I got bored on work conference calls I would sort it by year and serial number.  Older bills ahead of the newer bills - all still in ascending currencies.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/16/18 8:28 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo :

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
10/16/18 8:34 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I’m wound too tight.  

I’ll never find a $20 bill in a jacket pocket - all my money is in my wallet in ascending order faced the same way.  

When I got bored on work conference calls I would sort it by year and serial number.  Older bills ahead of the newer bills - all still in ascending currencies.  

Sounds like you're wound just the right amount of tight to me. Money has all those numbers so that it can be properly organized.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
10/16/18 8:50 p.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

Wait, do you mean to imply that some people put money in their wallets not in order?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/18 9:00 p.m.

You mean people have wallets to put their money in? I thought that was what pockets were for. 

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/18 9:00 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

I don't even keep it in a wallet.  Just a clip in my pocket.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/16/18 9:15 p.m.

I met a guy that had a suprise in his pocket in a city park once.

Never let them show you the suprise. Ever.

And how the hell do you lise a 20 for a year? I can tell you exactly how much cash i have on me at any given time. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/18 9:35 p.m.

It was 90 today. No jackets have been needed yet. 

Thursday's high is supposed to be 72. That will be a nice change. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/16/18 9:49 p.m.

Expired condoms...

Again

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
10/16/18 9:52 p.m.

My wife’s spare car key she’s been looking for for the last eight months.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
10/16/18 11:02 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

I found a rock.

Did you wind a piece of string around it?

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/16/18 11:34 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

I’m wound too tight.  

Don't forget to 'clean' your bills - straighten all of the corners,  flatten out wrinkles, etc.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
10/17/18 4:41 a.m.
CJ said:

Don't forget to 'clean' your bills - straighten all of the corners,  flatten out wrinkles, etc.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
10/17/18 5:30 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

It was 90 today. No jackets have been needed yet. 

Thursday's high is supposed to be 72. That will be a nice change. 

92 here. I'm looking forward to finding change in the pockets of my long pants...if it ever gets cool enough to switch back from shorts.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/17/18 6:34 a.m.
captdownshift said:

Expired condoms...

Again

What, they get dry rot?  Or did you mean expended?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/17/18 6:46 a.m.
captdownshift said:

Expired condoms...

Again

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/17/18 8:06 a.m.
Brian said:

With the change of seasons what have others found in your coat pockets after getting them out? 

So far my vest had $.65 change, plus  pennies. My parka liner/medium coat contained a winter hat and gloves.  I may slip a $20 into my rain jacket before I put it away. 

My grandmother always used to do this and I've never understood the point. If you know you put it there, doesn't that take the novelty away?

I found a wad of old tissues. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/17/18 8:51 a.m.
Furious_E said:
Brian said:

My grandmother always used to do this and I've never understood the point. If you know you put it there, doesn't;t that take the novelty away?

I found a wad of old tissues. 

i'm gonna start putting a $20 in my kids' winter coats when we put them away for the summer.

they're growing so fast i know this year's coat won't fit them next year, so i'll get myy $20 back before the coat goes to Salvation Army.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/17/18 8:53 a.m.

It took 2 years after my dad died to find his .45, in a vest I never saw him wear hanging in the closet. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
10/17/18 8:54 a.m.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
10/17/18 11:30 a.m.

Just a lighter. It's depressing. Usually I find weapons in my pockets. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9I6svISpiQAMdv3YT3aGsGT8RFCO9TaQR3sMxL0isJwzDv5Mni3BSexLwdM8YMlA