1 2
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/20 9:16 a.m.

Yeah... I've pretty much given up on reviews online.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

I read the wost of them and then determine if it a problem with the product or the person that bought it.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/20 6:24 p.m.

So much truth.  On Amazon, I always click the 1-star reviews.  At least I know they're real people.  If they are reviewing mushroom soil and say "This product smells funny" I know it isn't a valid gripe.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/28/20 1:14 p.m.

Okay, so I'm not the only person who reads the one-star reviews.

We're cleaning up the garage, and I'm looking at the gas-powered pressure washer that we haven't used in years. Will the $99 electric one from Lowe's be enough for the deck? Maybe? 

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
11/29/20 7:01 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Okay, so I'm not the only person who reads the one-star reviews.

We're cleaning up the garage, and I'm looking at the gas-powered pressure washer that we haven't used in years. Will the $99 electric one from Lowe's be enough for the deck? Maybe? 

The greenworks one from Lowes is only 1700psi, but it does come with an rotating "turbo" nozzle, which does seem to blast surfaces slightly better.  It only covers a small area though.

If you're doing lots of decks or siding a gas powered washer is probably a better choice.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/29/20 9:39 a.m.

In reply to engiekev :

We have a traditional gas-powered pressure washer but never use it because, to be honest, I hate dealing with it. More wondering if I'd use the electric one more. This would be just for the deck, mainly. 

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
11/29/20 9:54 a.m.

Don't get the Sunjoe since the one I got from the Black Friday sale didn't even work right out of the box. Waiting on my Greenworks pro 2700 to show up from Lowes. Seems like a good deal for the 10 year warranty on the motor that it has. 

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/23/22 7:50 a.m.

Follow-up on my use of the Greenworks 1700psi unit: no issues! Can't beat it for $99. I store it indoors during the winter obviously to avoid freezing water failures, other than that I did change the hose to a flexzilla 50ft to have more hose length and that has not at all affected operation.  The "water broom" attachment hasnt seen much use, I think you really do need a higher PSI unit to have any blasting power with those, not enough to blast off caked on mud from offroading or rallycross.  Easier to just use drive on ramps and blast from the ground up with the wand.

NOTE: there is a RECALL for these 1700psi units and several others, only for a certain sold-date range.

https://www.greenworkstools.com/product-recall

Links

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-1700-PSI-1-2-GPM-Cold-Water-Electric-Pressure-Washer/5001941517

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Flexzilla-1-4-in-x-50-ft-Pressure-Washer-Hose/1000764478

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WKjq3SBbBAR1iD4kdtnbazfzZz8oKRlaZrsNwUec7asSgakrSVDxmVumHAczkXRB