1 2
ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/17/14 12:58 p.m.

How do I get approved by an admin to send them, I would private message one to ask but, catch22, I cant private message until approved by an admin

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/17/14 1:01 p.m.

Assuming you need to get to 100 posts, you could go to the hotlinking thread and post 30 pictures.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/17/14 1:02 p.m.

There isn't a private messaging system on this forum.

Click on the avatar of whom you want to send a message, hit contact, then write your novel.

It's all through your registered email address.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Boss
4/17/14 1:06 p.m.

In reply to ryanty22:

Yep, Swank covered it. There is no post limit for sending PMs that I'm aware of. If you have any trouble with sending or receiving PMs, please post up here.

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
4/17/14 2:30 p.m.

Of course, this also assumes said user actually watches the registered e-mail address. This happens to me once in awhile for a few forums still linked to my AOL e-mail (which I don't regularly check).

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
4/17/14 3:24 p.m.

I really need to change my registered address since the one I have on file has been defunct for a couple of years now.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
4/17/14 3:27 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Assuming you need to get to 100 posts, you could go to the hotlinking thread and post 30 pictures.

GGA thread is available too!

ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/17/14 3:49 p.m.

Just tried and it said "You must be approved by an Admin to send private messages" copied and pasted directly off the popup

EastCoastMojo
4/17/14 3:52 p.m.

In reply to ryanty22: That is odd. I will get a staff member involved to help figure this one out. Please stand by...

ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/17/14 3:55 p.m.

Thank you I feel special

EastCoastMojo
4/17/14 3:56 p.m.

In reply to PubBurgers:

Shoot me a PM and I will update your e-mail address for you.

EastCoastMojo
4/17/14 3:58 p.m.

In reply to ryanty22:

I have contacted David to see if he can lend his assistance with this. I am not sure how fast he will be able to respond, but we will get this figured out.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
4/17/14 4:46 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: In reply to PubBurgers: Shoot me a PM and I will update your e-mail address for you.

PM sent.

Thanks!

EastCoastMojo
4/17/14 5:04 p.m.
PubBurgers wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: In reply to PubBurgers: Shoot me a PM and I will update your e-mail address for you.
PM sent. Thanks!

Hmmm, your PM hasn't come through, and I know it is possible to send one even if you can't receive them. Perhaps we have a bigger issue with PMs on the board here.

ryanty22
ryanty22 New Reader
4/17/14 6:45 p.m.

Great, I broke GRM forums

EastCoastMojo
4/17/14 6:49 p.m.

Nah, it's GRM. We're always fixin' it.

I did do a test with a new account I created to test this, and it does seem that new members have to be approved before sending PM's. I don't know if this is a setting that can be changed for individual users, so until we know more, post away. Hopefully we will have an answer tomorrow for ya.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
4/17/14 6:49 p.m.

Think of the forum software like a 40 year old Italian car. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to work the way you'd think.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
4/17/14 7:01 p.m.

ECM, I've been trying to send you PM's and emails … all I get is returned mail … not sure what's happened since we corresponded this afternoon

EastCoastMojo
4/17/14 7:07 p.m.

Sorry wbjones, I am having a g-mail issue. I am getting e-mails from you, hopefully you got my reply a few minutes ago. I am getting the messages, but it is apparently also sending error messages to the sender(s). Hopefully this issue is fixed now. Sorry for the trouble. Stupid computers.

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
4/18/14 5:48 a.m.

it's good now

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/14 7:03 a.m.

In reply to RossD:

So I should be thankful it hasn't caught fire or leaked oil onto my desk?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/18/14 7:10 a.m.
Wally wrote: In reply to RossD: So I should be thankful it hasn't caught fire or leaked oil onto my desk?

You'll see the ones and zeros slowly dripping out of the rear main when you put dye in the CD drive.

ryanty22
ryanty22 Reader
4/21/14 7:43 p.m.

Just in case you weren't aware the private messages is still ongoing. Not a big deal but I just happened to run across it today.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Online Editor
4/22/14 8:00 a.m.

In reply to ryanty22:

Users can't send PMs until their account has been active for 30 days. It's one of our features to prevent spammers from sending PMs willy nilly. If you'd like to contact someone, either wait until then or send me an email and tell me the user name of who you're trying to contact. My address is alan@grassrootsmotorsports.com.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/22/14 8:32 a.m.
RossD wrote: Think of the forum software like a 40 year old Russian car. Sometimes it just doesn't seem to work the way you'd think.

FTFY.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1oWyxlGxSlkasJmNkeDBAGsqaqEpOWcDWC7vPScFZcDwpXMjgcuK2PonuoH5VfOY