RXBeetle
RXBeetle Reader
9/10/09 5:52 p.m.

I'm pretty sure there are a few members on here... I'm on Oakland University's Formula SAE team and we have a few members that would like to run our car at your autocross here at school this Sunday. Just a couple of questions, do we really need proof of registration? It's a formula car... And if it's still OK if we run with you fine folks, how many people can register one car? We have ~6 of our members that would like to run our car and should have quite a few more to help corner work. http://www.arocdetroit.org/index.php/autocrosses?28e5bbf660cb545fc854f5c048c7be7c=ec3257eb092c6f3c0ac5f1769515c69f

I've always had a great time running with your club especially here at OU. Let me know if you need help getting a lot or organizing an event here. Our garage is in the same building as the campus police and risk management and we know a few people in the school that may be able to help.

alfadriver
alfadriver HalfDork
9/11/09 10:37 a.m.

No, you really don't need proof of registration- that and the insurance is really a gage of how serious and legal a given person is. We know that there are non-street legal cars. But all the driver DO need to be licensed.

As for the driver, 6 is ok, but just PLEASE ask the drivers to run all of their runs before handing the car off to the next driver. Having 2 or 3 drivers take a run, swap, take a run, swap.... etc can take forever. So with 6, just do your best to pump out the runs as fast as you can. I know there's probably going to be some development- we can deal with that, too- just mind the time it takes.

More workers are always a good thing. And I need to remind registration that OU students and faculty get AROC rates. It's what you get when you let us use your lot.

Now, if you let some of US drive the car, then we can talk about fun runs with the AROC folk.

See you Sunday.

Eric

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/11/09 11:08 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: Now, if you let some of US drive the car, then we can talk about fun runs with the AROC folk.

seriously, Eric is fast and can probably give you valuable feedback on your suspension setup and engine tuning.

RXBeetle
RXBeetle Reader
9/12/09 9:57 p.m.

Honestly if we had the tires to spare I'd be all for it but we are literally rationing out our last set of tires to get test data and let the people who were on the team last year get a chance to run the car. We are gonna have it rough this year with funding. Our team is entirely sponsor funded, and since we are in the wonderful suburbs of Detroit we currently have zero cash sponsors at the moment excluding the kind folks that throw us a few bucks at the car shows and events we go to; much appreciated. Yeah we're not too proud to beg. We are selling tools and old tires that don't fit our car, we are selling SAE supermileage car parts, we are looking into selling our plasma to fund the team this year. We have a lot of parts around the garage and a lot of really great sponsors that are willing to help out with in-kind and service donations but cash flow is gonna be more like a slow drip. It's just got to be a little more GRM this year :D I'm not worried though, the team is growing really fast and we have a good group of insanely dedicated members. We also have a few really experienced racers which never hurts.

See you all there!!! and prepared to have your ego boosted as you smoke me in your daily driver.

P.S. we'll be out early to help set up

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C2KwLUkyjHAGnEUmGko08c5fld3857GO5aQWMwUEDUBRcwZqzhPPfEwJXylcdjFc