1 2 3 4 ... 7
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:
Toyman01 (Generally Supportive Dude) said:
Tom Suddard said:

Who puts peppers in spaghetti sauce? Are you insane!?

Mr Asa said:

Green peppers and onion don't belong in spaghetti sauce... what the hell.

Well, there are at least two people in here who are wrong. Do you guys just dump some tomato paste over pasta? 

wink

Of *course* not. We add meat :) and spices!

Man I sure am glad to hear that. That at least makes it worth trying. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/20 4:24 p.m.
Duke said:
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:

Where does the board stand on mixing in non Italian cheeses on pizza?  Like that weird Mozzarella/Cheddar/American mix they use on Old Forge style pizza here in Northeast Pennsylvania, or that Provel stuff in St Louis?

NO.  JUST NO.  That crap is an Abomination.

I'd rather have velveeta on a pizza than this E36 M3. 

Seriously St. Louis, you have some of the best Italian food in the country. It is one of your few redeeming qualities. WHY DOES THIS EXIST?

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/20 4:26 p.m.

Because one post wasn't enough, berkeley PROVEL. 

St. Louis style pizza, with provel cheese, is the only style of pizza that I don't like. I like some better than others, but the only one that is a 1 on a normal scale, when pizza starts at a 5, is anything that has seen Provel cheese. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/2/20 4:57 p.m.

Pointless discussions are the best. And this is a good one. I don't know if the OP planned the spectacular non sequitur, but it has been masterfully played by all participants.

Cuz, come on over to this thread. It's fun!

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/2/20 5:01 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Duke said:

Where does the board stand on mixing in non Italian cheeses on pizza?  Like that weird Mozzarella/Cheddar/American mix they use on Old Forge style pizza here in Northeast Pennsylvania, or that Provel stuff in St Louis?

I'd rather have velveeta on a pizza than this E36 M3. 

Seriously St. Louis, you have some of the best Italian food in the country. It is one of your few redeeming qualities. WHY DOES THIS EXIST?

I am both intrigued and disgusted by this product. I've never seen it or heard of it before, but I feel like I need to try it.

With regards to logdog though, I have and will continue to use non traditional cheeses, sauces, and toppings on pizza. 

Homemade hot sauce, pulled smoked rib meat, provolone cheddar and gruyere.

Tuna salad, rosemary infused olive oil, and hot peppers on a grilled crust. Asiago and fontina grated on top. 

Salsa and queso for a sauce on taco pizza, with cheddar and oaxaca on top.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/2/20 5:26 p.m.

What in the hell is this provel stuff? Is it something weird and gross like Velveeta?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/2/20 5:28 p.m.

That looks horrible, but it's also in a 5lb block, which is some serious commitment to any one cheese product, so somebody must like it. 

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
6/2/20 5:38 p.m.

I have a 5lb block of smoked gouda in the fridge. Well some of one at this point.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/2/20 5:45 p.m.

You pizza snobs need to remind yourselves of one thing: Pizza is like sex. Even if its bad, its still pizza.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
6/2/20 5:47 p.m.
Appleseed said:

You pizza snobs need to remind yourselves of one thing: Pizza is like sex. Even if its bad, its still pizza.

Unless it is Cici's. Then it is biological warfare.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 5:52 p.m.

St Louis needs to be grounded for that E36 M3, and for sweet sauce. Provel makes a solid grill cheese tho

(Jesse) Ransom
(Jesse) Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/2/20 5:58 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Seriously. I mean, my family appreciates good pizza and I grew up visiting many of S.F.'s best purveyors, but that didn't stop me from being excited about pizza day in the school cafeteria.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/2/20 6:00 p.m.

You don't have to have bad sex on purpose though. Or maybe you do. I don't know what you like. And if you do like bad sex more than good sex, then is the bad sex really the good sex? 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/2/20 6:11 p.m.
z31maniac said:
Streetwiseguy said:

No irony.  

Pointless discussions are pointless discussions.  Move on, give up, or leave, but you are harming the children with your perpetual bickering, and nobody is going to win the argument.

Again, missing the irony in your own response. 

Isn't bickering about people bickering, equally as pointless? cheeky

Green peppers are not yet good food, in my opinion.  They become tasty food after they become red, orange or yellow. 

(Irony amplified by responding to the wrong post.)

RevRico
6/2/20 6:15 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Sounds like you need more of both. I've had bad sex and bad pizza, I'll happily go without than have either on a regular basis

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/2/20 6:19 p.m.

I've never heard of Provel and I don't like spaghetti.

I do however like me some good pizza

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/2/20 6:34 p.m.

Cici's and Little Caesars are abhorrent.

I'd rather not eat, than eat that garbage.

(Jesse) Ransom
(Jesse) Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/2/20 6:35 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Excellent point. I think the whole "even if it's bad pizza it's still pizza" notion is much more applicable to pizza than sex.

I really don't want an expression of my affection to be too comparable to anything from the frozen aisle.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/2/20 6:42 p.m.
Duke said:

But it says " Tasty Goodness"  it must be true , i see it on the Internet  :)

PS :  I am SOLD , anyone have a link to order it on Amazon !

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/2/20 6:44 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Except deep dish "pizza" f--- that horrible, bunt-on-the-bottom casserole.

11GTCS
11GTCS Reader
6/2/20 6:47 p.m.

I must be a worse person than I thought.  First step in making my from scratch sauce is to sauté onions and peppers in olive oil along with salt, pepper and a little red pepper flake.  cheeky

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/2/20 7:13 p.m.
Appleseed said:

No.  It's not.  And that's speaking as a man who can find the good in a Joe Corbi's fundraiser slab baked on a cookie sheet.

IMO's Pizza and other St. Louis Style pizza is the sexual equivalent of having your junk slapped with a mitt full of used trailer hub grease.  Yeah, technically somebody touched your junk and made it slippery, but it really doesn't qualify as sex.  And that provel crap spread on a thin crunchy crust that makes matzah taste good doesn't qualify as pizza.

RevRico
6/2/20 7:15 p.m.

In reply to (Jesse) Ransom :

From Oakland to Eureka the best pizza I found in California was Papa Murphy's take n bake. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/2/20 7:27 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

You mean you couldn't find a sketchy slice place in Oakland better than papa Murphy's? Like I'm down with a take and bake, but that's insane. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/2/20 7:48 p.m.

I'm sure my pizza won't appeal to many people, but we love it.

I don't usually use sauce, but instead with scatter some diced roma tomatoes. 

I've got my sourdough crust nailed.

First, I brush it with olive oil, then sprinkle it with grated carrot. From there, it varies. Last time was chopped onion, minced garlic, shrimp, fresh spinach, fresh basil, diced tomatoes. Black olives on half.

Grated whole milk mozzarella, then grated parmesan when it comes out of the oven. I've been known to use a bit of Swiss, it adds a touch of sweetness to the cheese.

1 2 3 4 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IVWestrj781taUWxMcOv1HIv8EXCjM1XLH9bEmikvFQ601O3uQlRtA6yHktcFDg3