1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/3/20 5:30 p.m.

cheese is not cheese unless it has blue veins going thru it.....

yes I got some at Trader joes Monday ....yummm

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/3/20 5:32 p.m.

In reply to californiamilleghia :

I can't do it. Bleu cheese especially. The mold....I can't. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/3/20 5:37 p.m.
z31maniac said:

I have purchased some really fancy cheeses over the years for charcuterie and cheese platters and such like that. 

$100/lb for cheese? That's more expensive than dry-aged steak in a big city at well known steakhouse. Well, probably not actual Kobe beef in Japan, but you get what I'm saying.

I thought $25/lb or so was getting pretty expensive for cheese. 

Funny thing is, I like the 6 and 8 year varieties much more than the 20 year. But anyways... It has been aged for 20 years... Do they even age Beef that long? 

Or, compare it to liquor... Micther's, aged 8 years, around $45 or $50 a fifth. But Micthers 10 year is up to around $100, or over, but their 20 year is astronomical. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/3/20 5:41 p.m.
Mndsm said:

CHICKEN.........HaHaHa.....I started with Blue cheese dressing on my fries at Bobs Big boys.........

Stay safe , and smile at a Cop......

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/3/20 5:44 p.m.

Ok time to get serious here.

What say you all about Pineapple on pizza?  

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
6/3/20 5:57 p.m.

You mean Hawaiian pizza invented in Canada by a Greek?

It's a contentious topic in this country

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/3/20 6:00 p.m.
Peabody said:

You mean Hawaiian pizza invented in Canada by a Greek?

It's a contentious topic in this country

Eh , are the Pineapple trees blooming yet up there ?

its my favorite time of the year to visit  !

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/3/20 6:15 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Oddly, that is the only way I'll eat pineapple. 

We're all freaks in our own way. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/3/20 6:25 p.m.

Contentious?  Watch this:

Ham and pineapple.  Excellent.  Chicken bacon ranch.  Wonderful. For years, my go-to was vegetarian with ham added.

Pepperoni?  Only if it has enough vegetable matter to drown out the pepperoni flavour.

I even spelled flavour correctly.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/3/20 6:38 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:
Mndsm said:

CHICKEN.........HaHaHa.....I started with Blue cheese dressing on my fries at Bobs Big boys.........

Oh I've tried it- the flavor just does not work for me. Something about the mold bitter whatever

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
6/3/20 6:41 p.m.

For some reason, some people can't make a decent pepperoni pizza.

Small pepperonis, about an inch in diameter or so, not the huge stuff.

Pepperoni on top of the cheese, not under it.

Cook until the pepperoni curls up at the edges, crisps up and forms a little puddle of grease in the middle. Heaven.

If I could combine Pizza Hut's pepperoni slices with Me&Ed's thin crust, it would be pizza nirvana.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
6/3/20 7:20 p.m.
Mndsm said:
californiamilleghia said:
Mndsm said:

Oh I've tried it- the flavor just does not work for me. Something about the mold bitter whatever

If you get out here I will take you to Bobs Big Boys  for a burger and fries , blue cheese dressing optional smiley

Stay safe

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/3/20 7:25 p.m.
ShawnG said:

For some reason, some people can't make a decent pepperoni pizza.

Small pepperonis, about an inch in diameter or so, not the huge stuff.

Pepperoni on top of the cheese, not under it.

Cook until the pepperoni curls up at the edges, crisps up and forms a little puddle of grease in the middle. Heaven.

If I could combine Pizza Hut's pepperoni slices with Me&Ed's thin crust, it would be pizza nirvana.

When we get pizza at work, I'll take the paint counters heat gun and cook my pepperoni extra so it's super crispy on the edges. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/3/20 7:29 p.m.

I'm gonna assume you're in California. I'll be there eventually, swmbo has never been to Disneyland . Gotta know your roots. 

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/3/20 8:11 p.m.
barefootskater said:

In reply to dean1484 :

Oddly, that is the only way I'll eat pineapple. 

We're all freaks in our own way. 

Same.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/3/20 8:20 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Oh I can.  I love making my own bleu cheese dressing as well.  Its so good, sometimes I just get a spoon and take a scoop.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/3/20 8:22 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Ok time to get serious here.

What say you all about Pineapple on pizza?  

Gate 7 Pizza at Keesler AFB, Mississippi.  Their Hawaiian was pepperoni and pineapple.  It is the only time I've liked pineapple on my pizza.

Damn.  I haven't thought of that place in probably 16 years.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/3/20 8:35 p.m.

The classic Hawaiian is not a pizza I recognize. If you're gonna do something like that, it's gonna be a pineapple habanero affair with some screaming hot sauce going, maybe a nice salty capicola or country ham, and the pineapples. Dominoes mango habanero chicken sandwich is actually really good imo. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
6/3/20 8:36 p.m.
z31maniac said:

$100/lb for cheese? 

Holy berkeley.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/3/20 8:41 p.m.

Everyone who doesn't like pineapple pizza can give it to me. I'll dispose of it for you. By eating it.

93EXCivic said:
Appleseed said:

You pizza snobs need to remind yourselves of one thing: Pizza is like sex. Even if its bad, its still pizza.

Unless it is Cici's. Then it is biological warfare.

i didn't know her name was Cici, but i agree her hoohah was biological warfare.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/4/20 7:21 a.m.

I can do blue cheese, it's the one with maggots in it that make me gag. (though I haven't tried it)

We usually do white pizza, no sauce.  Sometimes with shrimp, never with pineapple!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/4/20 8:18 a.m.
ShawnG said:

That waxy, orange, bland stuff you Americans call cheese is a crime against humanity.

Utility Cheddar has its place on the table.  Though I agree, extra sharp is the way to go.

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
6/4/20 8:31 a.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Contentious?  Watch this:

Ham and pineapple.  Excellent.  Chicken bacon ranch.  Wonderful. For years, my go-to was vegetarian with ham added.

Pepperoni?  Only if it has enough vegetable matter to drown out the pepperoni flavour.

I even spelled flavour correctly.

We are completely the opposite.

Though I eat enough vegetable only meals that I'm consistently asked at work if I'm vegan, I can only tolerate two veggies on pizza. Onion, and green pepper.

I don't eat dairy. Can't stand the stuff, but I do make the occasional exception for pizza, maybe a few times a year. And if that pizza is adorned with meat, I think it hides the flavour of the cheese. I can't eat a veggie pizza because it tastes so bad. And I love veggies.

On that note, Happy national cheese day everybody!

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/4/20 9:25 a.m.
MadScientistMatt said:  Where do you get that stuff? I first found out about it on a cooking show where the chef was talking about how he was going to make a grilled cheese - and it turned out he meant exactly that. But I haven't figured out where to buy it.

I've found halloumi cheese at the local farmer's market and at expensive grocery stores (Fresh Market, Whole Foods) and at special shops that specialize in Mediterranean cuisine. You're close enough to Atlanta that you should be able to find some. 

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JOpP1jLXyUT42LXnwHwIhCCfFCsdWm4oCN6oJdadEmcyjhh2QmQ5xHCZocj1Zy4Y