1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30
bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
7/19/20 10:09 p.m.

I'm watching Xtreme 4x4 on Prime, Ian plops a Suzuki Samurai divorced transfer case down on the work bench, and starts describing it.

SWMBO is walking by, and says, "so did he cheat, or was he just hard to get along with?"

Daylan C (Forum Supporter)
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/27/20 3:21 p.m.

"I mean it's $200 a bottle. To not call that the good stuff is a level of snobbery I'm not even remotely comfortable with."

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
7/29/20 11:52 a.m.

"This thing handles like a wet rhinoceros on a clay embankment"  My father after any road test of a ponderous car.

8/1/20 2:10 p.m.

"Berking Michigan. Back home people just stay in their trailers and do meth...like they should!"

8/8/20 5:37 p.m.

"Oh jeez! There's two of them now?" 

Random woman walking by my NB Miata parked next to a 1st gen Viper. 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/9/20 4:56 p.m.

Hert: If you have a parachute but your car isn't fast enough to need one, is that the equivalent of American rice?

Suppy: What is the American equivalent of rice?

Hert:.....Hot dogs?

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/9/20 7:06 p.m.
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

"I mean it's $200 a bottle. To not call that the good stuff is a level of snobbery I'm not even remotely comfortable with."

Rich neighbor (Harley & Porsche parked on his driveway to save space in the garage for the good stuff) asks me if I want to be back-up for a weekly Texas Holdem game he hosts at his house.  I said "maybe, how much is the buy-in" and he said "nothing......unless you think $100 is something".  I do think $100 is something...I have a great many $100's (being specific would be rude) but I have them in large part because I do think $100 is something.

I don't think his comment was intended to advertise how much money he has or to intimidate me into sharing his world view...I doubt he gives a E36 M3 what I or anybody else thinks, it was just him doing him which is fine, he's a cool guy.  But his comment did reveal a stark contrast...I have a super low tolerance for waste (food, energy, money, etc.).  If I were worth 10X more money than I had any use for, I'd still consider $100 to be something.  Not to get all sappy but how much benefit could a struggling single mom make of an unexpected $100...there's so much more going on here than what he or I consider to be throw away money.

Sorry for the rant.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ New Reader
9/10/20 12:52 a.m.

"The steering wheel is about as useful as the rudder on a becalmed yacht" self to salesman trying to sell me a Mitsubishi Galant sometime in the 70's.
The same car had a seat where everything was adjustable, an in and out and up and down steering column and was appallingly uncomfortable no matter how hard I tried. Nice gearbox though smiley

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/13/20 1:33 a.m.

"Any pizza's a personal pizza if you believe in yourself."

9/13/20 3:14 a.m.

"You can go faster. I suggest you do that."

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/13/20 8:45 a.m.
RX Reven' said:
Daylan C (Forum Supporter) said:

Rich neighbor (Harley & Porsche parked on his driveway to save space in the garage for the good stuff) asks me if I want to be back-up for a weekly Texas Holdem game he hosts at his house.  I said "maybe, how much is the buy-in" and he said "nothing......unless you think $100 is something".  I do think $100 is something...I have a great many $100's (being specific would be rude) but I have them in large part because I do think $100 is something.

I don't think his comment was intended to advertise how much money he has or to intimidate me into sharing his world view...I doubt he gives a E36 M3 what I or anybody else thinks, it was just him doing him which is fine, he's a cool guy.  But his comment did reveal a stark contrast...I have a super low tolerance for waste (food, energy, money, etc.).  If I were worth 10X more money than I had any use for, I'd still consider $100 to be something.  Not to get all sappy but how much benefit could a struggling single mom make of an unexpected $100...there's so much more going on here than what he or I consider to be throw away money.

Sorry for the rant.

While talking about home purchases and refinances with some friends, I came to the realization, again, that many (most) do not think the same way. 

“I can afford [almost] anything I want. I cannot afford everything I want.”

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/23/20 2:21 p.m.

"I'm not saying we're going to build a 10-second donk, but we should try." - Bryan Scotto

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/23/20 2:21 p.m.

"Did you drive this thing? The steering box is more like a suggestion box." - Bryan Scotto

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 2:29 p.m.

Sorks like a chamk.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/23/20 2:30 p.m.

Coworker: "So my dad cheated on my mom with her mother, and there's a good possibility he even conceived my mother."

Me: "Hey, that's a wild story and all, and it explains a lot about you, but maybe you should not ever tell that story to anyone ever again."

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
9/23/20 8:55 p.m.

Rick Beato being a little cheeky, “...there’s very limited harmonic information in most pop songs.”

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/20 9:00 p.m.
NickD said:

Coworker: "So my dad cheated on my mom with her mother, and there's a good possibility he even conceived my mother."

Me: "Hey, that's a wild story and all, and it explains a lot about you, but maybe you should not ever tell that story to anyone ever again."

Did he look like this?

ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter)
ShawneeCreek (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/24/20 9:03 a.m.

"It’s a fine line between idiot and genius and I’m drunkenly staggering back and forth across it."

Dieselboss15
Dieselboss15 Reader
9/24/20 11:49 a.m.

well that went like a hand truck down a spiral staircase - as detailed in this thread

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/you-guys-are-really-screwing-with-my-dreams/161914/page1/

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
9/24/20 3:48 p.m.
Crxpilot said:

Rick Beato being a little cheeky, “...there’s very limited harmonic information in most pop songs.”

"Berkeley Rick Beato!" - me heart

9/28/20 2:43 p.m.

"If piston was in the cooling passages, that would be...uh...it would be disappointing, but exciting"

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/20 2:48 p.m.
NickD said:

I should have told one of my coworkers the same thing when he said (really!) "I think my wife's diaphragm gives her toxic shock-- every time we have sex she throws up"

This was also a guy who talked a lot about all the subliminal messages on the news preparing us all for the coming bank collapse and declaration of martial law. 

10/5/20 6:36 a.m.

"He borrowed my car, took it to an autocross, won a bunch of money, did a celebratory burnout, blew up my motor, then billed me for a new one"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/5/20 9:35 a.m.

If it's your first time here, welcome back.

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/13/20 8:55 p.m.

"It sucks, but it's sexy"

Honestly this works for everything from German car ownership to boob luge

1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3U3hwStjw0Rr7Dw4zvU3XjDVZxoM2tnl3PmD63yYTPTGrFk142JtNOYBa33gjYXa