1 2 3
Jay_W
Jay_W HalfDork
1/18/10 5:59 p.m.

My rally team name is Wentbroke Racing...

TJ
TJ Dork
1/19/10 9:13 a.m.

"Not for Hire"....I see it all the time on the side of trucks pulling enclosed trailers...I always thought it must be a good team.

The reverse psychology may work on potential sponsors too. They may want to give the appearance that their brand/company cannot be bought.

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
1/19/10 2:53 p.m.

I have been toying with setting up "Precision Hammer Racing." If I ever sell the Miata and get a Corvette or something like it, I could change the name to "Bigger Hammer Racing."

mel_horn
mel_horn Dork
1/19/10 3:25 p.m.

"Piston Broke" (not original, I know...)

"RWP" -What else but "Ran When Parked", which is how a few of us found our cars, right?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Reader
1/19/10 11:42 p.m.

As was mentioned, keep it organic (which is the perfect word for it).

For instance, my drivers name is Hardy. We needed a team name. Now, what do you think he would've been called all of his life when he was younger?

And "Hardyboy Racing" was born.

Stuc
Stuc HalfDork
1/19/10 11:49 p.m.

Sponsor money?

Haiti Relief Racing

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
1/19/10 11:58 p.m.

Something personal's always good, especially if it's car related..

I lost my street BMW E21 323i after someone hit me in a rainstorm. They knocked me into the concrete wall on the inside of the Interstate, and the car did a half-roll & slid on her side for awhile. I was an SCCA Corner Worker back then, and was actually headed to the track that morning. Several of my compadres passed by the scene and recognized who it was. A couple of years later, when I went racing, they all suggested "Scarred Roof Racing". It stuck.

Another CW buddy of mine once stood up into the ceiling fan of the EV crew's shed during one of our crazy parties. He had to have a couple of stitches for it. When he went racing, we suggested "Zipperhead Racing". He used it.

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
1/20/10 2:17 a.m.

If you want to use other peoples' money, how about "Won't Waste Your Money Racing"

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
1/21/10 2:31 a.m.
MitchellC wrote: If you want to use other peoples' money, how about "Won't Waste Your Money Racing"

My old friend Tom Fowler didn't use it for a team name, but when he decided to start a race shop, he actually decided to call it OPM, for "other people's money". He's not doing bad these days..there's a bunch of "arrive & drive" rich guys that let him build/maintain their Spec Miatas. Last time I was over there, there were about five completed, and another two under construction. I still don't know how he gets them all to the racetrack, even with the BATruck & trailer he's got.

http://www.opmautosports.com/

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
6/22/10 10:14 p.m.

I tried to convince my fledgling chumpcar team to go with Team Sparkle Pony Sunshine..... They didn't see the 7 year old girl style name as funny as I did. For some reason, I suspect we're gonna end up Team Litre o' Cola.... we'll let you figure out what we're gonna be running.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Dork
6/22/10 11:36 p.m.

You could race mopeds.

You'd be "The Mopedophiles!"

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
6/23/10 7:25 a.m.

"Dead Skunk Racing". There were a few pitchers of draft beer involved in the selection process !

chuckles
chuckles New Reader
6/23/10 7:59 a.m.

"This Side Toward Enemy."

Stolen from my motorcycle racing friends of long ago. They won't mind.

nickel_dime
nickel_dime Dork
6/23/10 11:24 a.m.

The guys I race with call their team TFR Motorsports

Testicular Fortitude Racing

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
6/23/10 11:36 a.m.

If I had it all to do over, I'd take a cue from these dudes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_wlYt4k66U&feature=related

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
6/23/10 12:27 p.m.

^^^^
Are you suggesting "Champs Racing"?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
6/23/10 1:34 p.m.

Uh. No. I'm suggesting "The F*cking Champs."

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/10 1:45 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: If I had it all to do over, I'd take a cue from these dudes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_wlYt4k66U&feature=related

"Andres Segovia Intrests Me" Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but it would b hard to forget....

How about "McChrystal Resigned And All I Got Was A Size 13 Boot In My Ass Sideways?"

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
6/23/10 7:06 p.m.

Whoah... I can't believe this thread came back!

Right now I'm just referring to it as "Cameron's Racing" until a proper name comes along. I've only had one race weekend though. I'm kind of thinking "Homebrew Racing" or "Team Homebrew" would be quite fitting.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
6/23/10 7:50 p.m.

ziptie motorsports

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
6/23/10 7:52 p.m.

A fellow autocrosser has a club called SLOmotorsports. The SLO stands for something, but I forget what.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 New Reader
6/23/10 8:27 p.m.

since your name is Cameron, how about CamSpeed Motorsports? (replace the motorsport with Racing, Autosport, or whatever you want.

Steven

fastmiata
fastmiata Reader
6/23/10 8:36 p.m.

Almost Grownup Racing from the slogan that "I may grow old but never grow up"

Kia_racer
Kia_racer HalfDork
6/23/10 8:55 p.m.

I always tell people that I am the head of "Team GDI*"

*Gosh Darn Independent" or what ever words you want to use.

jrg77
jrg77 Reader
6/23/10 8:55 p.m.

Carry Speed Motorsports Ground Pounder Racing Blow Hard Racing (especially if turbos are involved) Grip Masters Track Dancers Overproof Motorsports Boa Racing (Strangles the competition!) Speed King Racers S'all I got for now...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
95KNYoE80FKlEpQKASSKKjLvyMiuHB9fBcQfOBgTI8K7F9YhULre4BqyzzSB9LAN